Father's Day: what do you get for the man ..

Puffinstuff

Dec 26, 2012
✟1,430.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Im getting mine one of those gel filled chair cushion things.You can use it for the car or computer chair or what have you .He doesn't have one and he gave me one .So I was thinking it was a "hint" that he would like one.If not OH well its the thought that counts.I want your *** to be happy.:)

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I rebel when it comes to gifts for anything except birthdays and Christmas. K.I.S.S. is my motto! I'll get my darling a nice card and write a sincere sentiment in it (same with my dad). That'll have to be enough :D

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2013
✟7,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mustard. Again. My kryptonite.

Presents I get a lot. Music cards or Xbox and Playstation credits. Pictures in picture frames. Books I want. Books I need. DVDs. Audiobooks. I love all of those.

Some of my favorite presents over the years. She made me a grill box once. A box with different rubs and seasonings and a smoker box with some woodchips. She got me an infrared thermometer gun. One year she got me a gift certificate for dinner for me and my brother. That was great because we never see each other and when we do we're at home. She's bought me really nice expensive cuts of steak and let me make it for a nice dinner. Gourmet coffee. She has a box where she writes me letters during the year and sometimes she will let me look at the box and read a few. That's more Valentine's Day.

Father's Day isn't a day we make a big deal about usually. June is an expensive month for us so we don't have a lot of free money. Father's Day is usually a quiet family day and that's fine for me. She always makes me a grilled cheese sandwich and I look forward to that. It's our joke though. She told me when she was middle school she had a crush on her neighbor. He came over to her house to hang out and she wanted to impress him with her cooking so she made him a white bread American grilled cheese but she was so nervous about burning it she cooked it on low and it took about an hour to get the perfect toast on it. I was trying to be funny and told her she never made me a grilled cheese. After that she makes me a white bread American grilled cheese for special days. It's a stupid couple story but I look forward to it.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Some great ideas. No, I don't think he has anything that we could upgrade. He has the phone, the laptop, the iPad .. too much toys if anything.

He is insisting on grilling for us all on Saturday night - doesn't want to face the long lines on Sunday - and he loves beer (*cough* within reason *cough*) but he's so darn FUSSY about his beer. :/ I'm afraid of getting it wrong. Otherwise I would go to one of the specialty stores and pick up something 'unusual'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 10, 2013
✟7,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That sounds more like a threat than a gift. LOL.

They are way cool. I use it on all sorts of things. Temperature of the oven. Grill. Pan. Floor by the door in the sunnyspot. Floor on the door by the shady spot. My wife. My son. The TV. The hood of the car. My wife. The dog. In the garage when I'm working with the car. My wife. The pool. The sidewalk outside. Soup. My wife.

By then I usually have to put it away.

HDE® Temperature Gun Infrared Thermometer w/ Laser Sight - Amazon.com

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2013
✟7,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some great ideas. No, I don't think he has anything that we could upgrade. He has the phone, the laptop, the iPad .. too much toys if anything.

He is insisting on grilling for us all on Saturday night - doesn't want to face the long lines on Sunday - and he loves beer (*cough* within reason *cough*) but he's so darn FUSSY about his beer. :/ I'm afraid of getting it wrong. Otherwise I would go to one of the specialty stores and pick up something 'unusual'.

Get him nice meat and spice rubs. Tell him to get his own beer or get his favorite. Beer is a tricky thing. It's like coffee.

I like the idea of letters. I just don't think we have enough time for that???

She doesn't write novels. Sometimes it's post-its or just a scribble on a spare piece of paper. A receipt from dinner or movie tickets. Longer letters are only when they strike her and if she can find our pen that's arthritis friendly. She types a lot. She used to do it in a notebook. A blessing book.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
They are way cool. I use it on all sorts of things. Temperature of the oven. Grill. Pan. Floor by the door in the sunnyspot. Floor on the door by the shady spot. My wife. My son. The TV. The hood of the car. My wife. The dog. In the garage when I'm working with the car. My wife. The pool. The sidewalk outside. Soup. My wife.

By then I usually have to put it away.

HDE® Temperature Gun Infrared Thermometer w/ Laser Sight - Amazon.com
Ha ha ha. That's so awesome.

When I first got my iPad, I spent hours taking photos with its infra red camera - the cat, my leg, the rabbit .. ha ha ha. Nothing was safe.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I wish I had started earlier. :/ One year I did a photo collage of him with the children at all different ages. Another year, I did a kind of scrap book, again, with lots of photos, and each child wrote something in the book about him. It was so sweet - and he loved it. :)

Upvote 0