Family’s Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child’s Rifle

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Glas your assesment of social workers is disturbing.

Survivor of one such attack. Little man came to the door demanding entrance to my domicile with no explanation and no warrant. I asked for an explanation, he demanded I let him in and then he'd explain. I told him (calmly) "to go get a warrant". I knew there was nothing a competent judge would sign a warrant for. A lot of broken glass, destroyed furniture, items not listed on the warrant inexplicably removed, and one dead St Bernard later. . . it was revealed that he'd used his good faith immunity to turn conjecture into probable cause. Case was closed three months later as unsubstantiated, I got an off the record apology and a shrug from a County Lawyer. No compensation, no official apology . . . just "oh, I guess there was nothing wrong after-all". Guess the SWAT guys thought it was funny tasering that gentle giant to death. That little man sure showed me! Next time I'll know better than to not be all submissive and just surrender my Constitutional rights, by golly! I'll just roll over, because that's what we are supposed to do when little white men come into the 'hood and give orders. Shame on me for being uppity!

I know it'll be asked, so the answer is, a jealous "friend" (incidentally on SSDI because she is mentally ill) called social services because my baby girl and I were cutting in on her time with my baby girl's mother. . . talked an acquaintance into parroting that call so there'd be two reports. And little man came to "the rescue". They hit us when we were "supposed" to be home, but we were fortunately out running errands, so they just came in and killed the dog rather than gunning me down too. A week later these same shiny examples of Law Enforcement hit Vang Khang's house. You can google that . . . plenty of links to that story. Mine didn't make papers. But then this has been going on a while, you can google "Fong Lee Minneapolis" too. All ya gotta do is be not white/ not suburban and it is open season up there.

My point is that "immunity clauses" give Social Workers a work-around to due process that leads to abuses (I find unacceptable, but admittedly that may be due to personal experience, but then again it could be that I believe the US Constitution is the supreme law of the land and immunity clauses are illegal)

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Would be great but in most states the laws give DCFS an immunity clause, wherein they are allowed to violate laws and ethics if they believe a child is in imminent danger. It is a pretty big club to wield and a lot of nefarious ego-complex driven social workers use it wrongly to bash any parent that doesn't bow and scrape enough, fawningly when they show up. It is a problem in our system & it needs to change. If the parent doesn't beg and plead and offer sexual services to the little guy with the short-man complex, he says he believes there is a child in imminent danger and calls SWAT . . . they tear up the house and kill the family pet, degrade the parents and the social worker feels all vindicated for some completely unrelated wedgie they got in middle school. Happens with alarming frequency.
Uhmmm.... DISTURBINGLY innaccurate.

I COMPLETELY believe that CFS have every right to protect children and at all costs. I have NO idea what charges were leveed against you. But from the things I have seen and heard in my line of work, I FIRMLY believe social workers should have a right to investigate. NO children should have to suffer the sh## i have heard and the after effects I work with every day.

I have never heard of social workers treating parents the way you have been treated (and while I'm sure there is SOME hyperbole, I don't doubt most of it is true), but I have seen more than enough dumb, angry, stupid parents claim garbage about their rights and hiding behind privacy screens instead of just dealing with their emotional baggage, having an open, adult and candid conversation with someone trying to help them and keep a child. or considering their crappy parenting techniques that puts their children at risk. Or, choosing instead to be nefarious, sneaky, treachurous and obviously taking part in activities that arouse suspicion without owning up to it.

Ps... I find it UTTERLY shocking that you were able to find out who leveed the charge against you since, at least in my jurisidiction, those records are permanently sealed and one is NEVER able to find out. But I'm sure there are differences between jurisdictions.

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Uhmmm.... DISTURBINGLY innaccurate.

Hey, check this out:
Subd. 4.Immunity from liability.

(a) The following persons are immune from any civil or criminal liability that otherwise might result from their actions, if they are acting in good faith:
That's from here: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=626.556 which happens to be THE LAW. So. . . . about that disturbingly inaccurate thing . . . . you were wrong.

I have never heard of social workers treating parents the way you have been treated
Now ya have. There was a time in my life that I'd never heard of gay marriage, doesn't mean it doesn't happen some places does it?

Ps... I find it UTTERLY shocking that you were able to find out who leveed the charge against you since, at least in my jurisidiction, those records are permanently sealed and one is NEVER able to find out. But I'm sure there are differences between jurisdictions.
The crazy friend and the friend she enlisted to parrot the charge had no idea they'd send two SWAT teams and taser our dog to death. They were very apologetic . . . they admitted their actions (the baseless-ness of the accusations) because they just meant to cause some ripples so "the child's mother would lean on her friend and spend time with her". I didn't get it from records, I got it from the false reporter's straight up apology. So, when you go throwing the word hyberbole around, take a good look at your response to my post and try again, without the hyperbole and victim blaming. I suppose Vang Khang was in the wrong for having a house of hard working Asian immigrants and children instead of the African American gang hideout with stashes of illegal guns and drugs the bogus warrant was about. I suppose Fong Lee was in the wrong for not having a gun when he stole those 8 bullets from that officer's gun . . . if he just would have left those bullets in that officer's gun, that officer wouldn't have had to face federal indictment! Oh the humanity!

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I missed part:

I COMPLETELY believe that CFS have every right to protect children and at all costs.
That is where I disagree. Immunity clauses that grant them the ability to use deceit to violate 4th amendment civil rights without consequence if they are wrong, oversteps acceptability. If they are right, I believe they should have immunity. If they are wrong, they should be fully civilly liable. That would promote caution in employing "unethical methods for the good of the child" whereas right now, they can wield it any way they please & sometimes that is to stroke their ego. Why not? If they are right, they are a hero . . . if they are wrong . . . oh well. What if cops operated that way? "Rodney King got beaten and he shouldn't have, but those officers felt in good faith it was necessary so . . . oh well" Is that right? What if doctors operated like that? Everybody could save a lot of money because doctors wouldn't need malpractice insurance, if they thought in good faith that eating a cheeseburger while doing surgery was okay. . . . oh well, sorry about the sepsis and death. Really? Just what should be the standard for occupations where there is an immunity clause based on "good faith feelings" that allow blatant civil rights violations?

I have NO idea what charges were leveed against you.
Doesn't matter, they were medically impossible. A child can't have "failure to thrive" which requires failure to reach certain growth markers over a period of time, if they aren't yet old enough to have had the second set of measurements. To put it another way, FTT is generally diagnosed when growth has fallen short over a six month span . . . kinda hard to diagnose that as a mentally ill lady, regarding an infant that is less than 3 months old.

But from the things I have seen and heard in my line of work, I FIRMLY believe social workers should have a right to investigate.
Sure, I have been a social worker myself. Investigation is important, but it does not and should not involve violating civil rights, unethical action and then hiding behind an immunity clause.

NO children should have to suffer the sh## i have heard and the after effects I work with every day.
Without a doubt. In my case, there was no suffering. . . it was unsubstantiated and the case was closed as such. Crazy lady and mutual friend apologized. Case closed. Doesn't resurrect the dog though, pay for the broken glass, or do anything to mitigate the terror and suffering . .. Now I am no fan of people who actually are guilty, don't misunderstand, but there should be consequences for civil rights violations, no matter the motive.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They won't. They're too busy telling everyone in the world how good their coffee smells, what kind they have, where they bought it, what time of day they brewed it, etc., on Facebook.

Why on earth would I care about any of that junk? I have my own life to live, and unless I'm married to the person in question, I'm really not all that interested in the mundane, hour-by-hour details of their daily lives.

Of course, with the under-30 crowd (also known as the Borg), it's understandable, because they're all connected to each other by an electronic umbilical cord. (Not all of them, but the vast majority of them, I'd say) If you send more than two text messages per hour, you have officially been absorbed into the Collective.

I don't understand that, either. These kids get in car accidents, they get run over by trucks, they walk into buildings or off embankments, because they're "texting".

Hello? It's a telephone, for pete's sake! Pick it up and talk! Telephones were invented so you didn't have to sit there and tap on a telegraph key! All you had to do was dial and talk!

I have lived too long. I will never understand the mindset and attitudes, let alone the social habits, of these strange creatures.

I could not have said it better! KUDOS!!

Upvote 0