Faith of God - Worrell's New Testament

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was first introduced to Worrell's New Testament by Kenneth Hagin, back in the 80s I think. I loved it so much that we have decided to issue a LARGE PRINT version of the public-domain release from 1904.
Over a year in the making, I am now in the final proof edit of the book, and happened upon this verse and Worrell's note.

11:22 A.S.Worrell Version of the NT
22 And Jesus, answering, saith to them, "Have the faith of God.

And the note:
22 Have the faith of God; translators generally render this, "Have faith in God;" but, if this had been the thought, it would have been easy to have expressed it in the Greek. Faith originates with God; and those who have real faith have His faith; the same perhaps as "the faith which is of the Son of God," (Gal. 2:20).

A. T. Robertson has a great comment on the verse in his comments:

“in Mark 11:22… we rightly translate ‘have faith in God, though the genitive [the Greek case] does not mean ‘in’, but only the God kind of faith.” (A Grammar of the Greek New Testament in the Light of Historical Research, p. 500).

I wrote and released a book several years ago ("The Faith of God" - C. Alan Martin) presenting exhaustive proof that what Robertson said is the correct version. I listed every instance of the Greek and also English translation of "of God" and "in God" as well as many of the other attributes of God in the "genitive objective." Never, in over 600 instances is the genitive objective "theou" translated "in God." Except of course for this one instance in Mk 11:22.

The context and meaning is "have the same kind of faith that God has." Reading the passage proves it conclusively. As with all language context is the final determining factor. In this case (using the God kind of faith) Jesus cursed a fig tree and it dried up from the root. They disciples were amazed at what happened. Jesus explained that if you have the God kind of faith then you will be able to do this also. Simply believe in your heart that you say comes to pass, and you will have it.
In this case and others, religion go to extremes to try and explain this simple and obvious truth away. The God kind of faith calls those things that be not as though they were.
Jesus said to "have the God kind of faith!"

Last edited:

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I was first introduced to Worrell's New Testament by Kenneth Hagin, back in the 80s I think. I loved it so much that we have decided to issue a LARGE PRINT version of the public-domain release from 1904.
Over a year in the making, I am now in the final proof edit of the book, and happened upon this verse and Worrell's note.

And the note:
22 Have the faith of God; translators generally render this, "Have faith in God;" but, if this had been the thought, it would have been easy to have expressed it in the Greek. Faith originates with God; and those who have real faith have His faith; the same perhaps as "the faith which is of the Son of God," (Gal. 2:20).

“in Mark 11:22… we rightly translate ‘have faith in God, though the genitive [the Greek case] does not mean ‘in’, but only the God kind of faith.” (A Grammar of the Greek New Testament in the Light of Historical Research, p. 500).

I wrote and released a book several years ago ("The Faith of God" - C. Alan Martin) presenting exhaustive proof that what Robertson said is the correct version. I listed every instance of the Greek and also English translation of "of God" and "in God" as well as many of the other attributes of God in the "genitive objective." Never, in over 600 instances is the genitive objective "theou" translated "in God." Except of course for this one instance in Mk 11:22.

The context and meaning is "have the same kind of faith that God has." Reading the passage proves it conclusively. As with all language context is the final determining factor. In this case (using the God kind of faith) Jesus cursed a fig tree and it dried up from the root. They disciples were amazed at what happened. Jesus explained that if you have the God kind of faith then you will be able to do this also. Simply believe in your heart that you say comes to pass, and you will have it.
In this case and others, religion go to extremes to try and explain this simple and obvious truth away. The God kind of faith calls those things that be not as though they were.

In order to have the God kind of faith, you must first understand what and who God is.
John: 4. 22. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

In order to have the faith of God we must have faith in our Spirit, if only our feelings are convinced or our mind our faith is of our flesh and not of God.
It is our Spirit that bares wittness.

The same Spirit that we yealded to in our salvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

DMW

Feb 4, 2005
Michigan
✟16,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who is "we" and when will this be available?
I was recently researching the same subject and of course, you get little support for "have the faith of God." But I found it in Worrell's Bible and notes. So I attached his notes to the verse in my Bible program so that every time I go by that verse now, I can see what he wrote about it. I didn't realize Worrell's Bible was in the public domain. I've asked for it in the Bible program I use, but they seem to be deaf to most requests unless it is sufficiently reformed.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who is "we" and when will this be available?
I was recently researching the same subject and of course, you get little support for "have the faith of God." But I found it in Worrell's Bible and notes. So I attached his notes to the verse in my Bible program so that every time I go by that verse now, I can see what he wrote about it. I didn't realize Worrell's Bible was in the public domain. I've asked for it in the Bible program I use, but they seem to be deaf to most requests unless it is sufficiently reformed.
"Low Tide Press" is the publishing company founded by my wife in 2004.
As the OP says... it will be made available in June.
Since the book was published in 1904, over 70 years ago, it is in the public domain. The crosswire bible software has this version available.
It is likely that this is not available for many programs because the only resource people have is the 1904 printing which does not lend itself to OCR scanning. We took the 1904 publication scan and manually made corrections to it. It has taken over a year. We are in the final edit of the notes and appendix.
There is actually more support for the phrase "faith of God" than most know. There is very little scholarly support for "faith in God" in this instance. It is just not there... press the issue, they will have no good arguments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a history of the publication:
Adolphus S. Worrell, The New Testament, revised and translated by A.S. Worrell, A. M. With Notes and Instructions designed to aid the earnest Reader in obtaining a clear Understanding of the doctrines, Ordinances, and primitive Assemblies as revealed in these Scriptures. Louisville, Kentucky: A.S. Worrell, 1904. Reprinted by the American Baptist Publication Society (Philadelphia, 1907), and recently as The Worrell New Testament: A. S. Worrell's translation with study notes. (Springfield, Missouri: Gospel Publishing House, 1980). Worrell (1831-1908) was an American Baptist educator and evangelist. His translation is a moderate revision of the American Standard Version (1901), in which "immerse" replaces "baptise," and verbs and participles are rendered more literally. His notes and appendixes reflect doctrines characteristic of the holiness movement.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is a comparison of the 1904 version with our large print version. Ours is NOT a orc scanned image version.
example.png

Reactions: Razare
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

And the note:

How to have the God kind of faith which Jesus had?

God believes with a heart which is set apart from the knowledge of good & evil ( though he has the kge) when it comes to dealing with man.
The reason is if He sees us thru kge, we would be found miserably sinful.
So by His love, He sees us apart from kge & blesses us.
We could believe like He does with such a heart.

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Thanks! Sounds great. Is there an "E-text" for this then? Supposedly this is a necessity for a module becoming a resource in a program.

When we believe that it is not we but Christ who lives in us, then Christ indeed lives & expresses His faith through us & thus we would see all our desires being fulfilled.

That is indeed how God kind of faith could be seen in us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The God kind of faith is amazing.

I think this type of faith has happened to me twice. I liken it to 1 Corinthians 12, where it mentions the gift of supernatural faith.

Once, it happened to me when I was a new Christian, God used it to convince me his word was true. "This man next to me was to be healed, and he was to be healed because God's word is true." God's faith hit me at this realization.

Then also, once in 2014, for a stock trade, I had believed Deut 28:8 about my storehouses being blessed. God gave me stock advice using supernatural faith.

I stated what the stock price would go to for my purchase price, and I could not even doubt it. My mind attempted to doubt it, but it wasn't possible really. And I don't know if that was prophecy, or if God's faith declared out from me made it so... I think the later to be honest from how it felt inside me. So the stock went to that price and I bought it there, exactly at the price God had said, that was the low-point for that time period, and it never went lower and it was bought-out some time later.

I believe we also exercise God's kind of faith at other times when we have faith, but when the manifestation of the gift of faith comes it is clearest to us.

Upvote 0

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
For those who are interested, a Christian author named Jacques More also dealt with the "Faith of God" in Mark 11:22 and proves that this is the proper translation in his book, "Serious Mistranslations of the Bible"

http://www.jarom.net/serious.php

Upvote 0

Jim2564

Jan 16, 2014
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For those who are interested, a Christian author named Jacques More also dealt with the "Faith of God" in Mark 11:22 and proves that this is the proper translation in his book, "Serious Mistranslations of the Bible"

http://www.jarom.net/serious.php
Having "God's Faith" as it's put at jarom.net is easy to see when you consider the fact that we also have His wisdom, righteousness, Spirit and so forth. All these things flow through Him to us and back up again like blood through a physical body. He's the head, we're the body.

Upvote 0

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Having "God's Faith" as it's put at jarom.net is easy to see when you consider the fact that we also have His wisdom, righteousness, Spirit and so forth. All these things flow through Him to us and back up again like blood through a physical body. He's the head, we're the body.

Good points. We are dependent upon God for much. At the same time we must make a quality decision to receive from Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DMW

Feb 4, 2005
Michigan
✟16,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Didaskolos, I see that Worrell's is available on Amazon now in paperback, since October of 2016. Is this your work, or someone else? Whatever the case, it's nice to see it available again. My old copy from Brother Hagins ministry is getting pretty old.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well Bless God,I certainly will get a copy of Worrell's .
I have been under the impression that postive confession began with Kenyon , as it turns out he may have been mentored by Worrell's or even before that or used it for a study guide,here is some history on postive confession.

Evidence that the teaching of positive confession was already developing in Christianity before Kenyon is present in time period literature. In the 1884 book The Atonement for Sin and Sickness, Russell Kelso Carter demonstrates an early version of what Kenyon later taught: "I only prayed, O, Lord, make me sure of the truth, and I will confess it; I have nothing to do with consequences; that is Thy part," and again, "Jesus has the keeping part, and again, "Jesus has the keeping part, I have the believing and confessing."[7]
Source :Wikipedia.

Upvote 0