MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One can truly believe there is a God, but lack the desire to believe in Him. Romans-One teaches that one can believe about God, that He is real, and at the same time not put trust in Him. Scripture says that He has proved to all that He is real by showing them all of what may be known about Himself (Rom 1:19). This revelation of Himself first comes by the “light” of nature, by us seeing the existence of what He has created. Creation itself is enough evidence for one to believe in God!

Therefore the Word declares none are “excused” from judgement for not wanting to believe in Him (v20). There are no genuine atheists, only those who falsely claim to disbelieve in His existence! In my opinion, the primary issue is that unbelief manifests one would rather continue in wrongful pleasures, instead of trusting and having faith in God (2Ti 3:4).

One of the greatest oxymoron concepts has to be the acceptance that one can claim to believe in God, then eventually claim not to believe in Him! To genuinely have faith in God is not something one can eventually apostatize from, because faith always produces. Faith can be diminished but never deleted once obtained. Thus, salvation is a constant like faith!

One professing Christianity can eventually claim to disbelieve, and if this is truly a permanent state of mind, it only manifests there was never any belief! One cannot claim to believe then claim to disbelieve—this wouldn’t make any type of sense at all. Genuine faith cannot become unbelief, and there’s nowhere in Scripture that declares this error, only misunderstanding of the way this issue is worded.

To believe is to be permanently convinced of something; otherwise it wasn’t belief, but just something you thought you believed in. One can think they believe in God and eventually discover that they don’t truly believe in Him; but one cannot truly believe in Him and then later truly disbelieve in Him. Therefore, we either believe, or still have yet to believe (1Jo 2:19).
NC

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One can truly believe there is a God, but lack the desire to believe in Him. Romans-One teaches that one can believe about God, that He is real, and at the same time not put trust in Him. Scripture says that He has proved to all that He is real by showing them all of what may be known about Himself (Rom 1:19). This revelation of Himself first comes by the “light” of nature, by us seeing the existence of what He has created. Creation itself is enough evidence for one to believe in God!

Therefore the Word declares none are “excused” from judgement for not wanting to believe in Him (v20). There are no genuine atheists, only those who falsely claim to disbelieve in His existence! In my opinion, the primary issue is that unbelief manifests one would rather continue in wrongful pleasures, instead of trusting and having faith in God (2Ti 3:4).

One of the greatest oxymoron concepts has to be the acceptance that one can claim to believe in God, then eventually claim not to believe in Him! To genuinely have faith in God is not something one can eventually apostatize from, because faith always produces. Faith can be diminished but never deleted once obtained. Thus, salvation is a constant like faith!
True belief/faith/trust in God is only by the Holy Spirit.
Only the born again are enabled/empowered to this belief/faith/trust.
One professing Christianity can eventually claim to disbelieve, and if this is truly a permanent state of mind, it only manifests there was never any belief! One cannot claim to believe then claim to disbelieve—this wouldn’t make any type of sense at all. Genuine faith cannot become unbelief, and there’s nowhere in Scripture that declares this error, only misunderstanding of the way this issue is worded.

To believe is to be permanently convinced of something; otherwise it wasn’t belief, but just something you thought you believed in. One can think they believe in God and eventually discover that they don’t truly believe in Him; but one cannot truly believe in Him and then later truly disbelieve in Him. Therefore, we either believe, or still have yet to believe (1Jo 2:19).
NC

Upvote 0

Stephend

Dec 19, 2023
Perth
✟860.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

NC
" believe, or still have yet to believe" that rings true to me. The thing Is I am not sure that I ever truly believed even as a child going to a Catolic school. It is only recently that I have realised that the devil has played a part in my life and science starting to uncover God. I am seeking and trying hard to learn. I am sure that Jesus exited, I am not so sure about taking the Bible literally. I am trying and searching hoping I will find and understand. How do I do this if I have reservations about parts of the bible, is there still hope for me?

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
" believe, or still have yet to believe" that rings true to me. The thing Is I am not sure that I ever truly believed even as a child going to a Catolic school. It is only recently that I have realised that the devil has played a part in my life and science starting to uncover God. I am seeking and trying hard to learn. I am sure that Jesus exited, I am not so sure about taking the Bible literally. I am trying and searching hoping I will find and understand. How do I do this if I have reservations about parts of the bible, is there still hope for me?
I wouldn't be fair if anyone who desires to be in God wasn't accepted. It's the Word of God that all can know everything about Him, such as, "All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me; and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out" (Jhn 6:37); and, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Rom 10:17).

It's mostly about us using the faith that He gives us; "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God" (Eph 2:8). It requires some time to grow enough in faith to find yourself wanting to always put God first.

God guide and encourage you in His Word, because it's the only sure and tangible thing He has given us to know what He wants us to do, and how we are to be!

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I am seeking and trying hard to learn. I am sure that Jesus exited, I am not so sure about taking the Bible literally. I am trying and searching hoping I will find and understand. How do I do this if I have reservations about parts of the bible, is there still hope for me?
I think you are coming to the stage of the demon-possessed boy’s father in Mark 9:

Mark 9:20-24 said:
And they brought the boy to Him. When he saw Him, the spirit immediately threw him into convulsions, and falling to the ground, he began rolling around and foaming at the mouth. And He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood. It has often thrown him both into the fire and into the water to kill him. But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!” But Jesus said to him, “‘If You can?’ All things are possible for the one who believes.” Immediately the boy’s father cried out and said, “I do believe; help my unbelief!” When Jesus saw that a crowd was rapidly gathering, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and do not enter him again!” And after crying out and throwing him into terrible convulsions, it came out; and the boy became so much like a corpse that most of them said, “He is dead!” When He came into the house, His disciples began asking Him privately, “Why is it that we could not cast it out?” But Jesus took him by the hand and raised him, and he got up. And He said to them, “This kind cannot come out by anything except prayer.”

If you are struggling to believe, you would be wise to pray and ask God for help. Lift up to Him the parts of Scripture that you have reservations about or are struggling with. He will be faithful to help you.

Luke 11:9-13 said:
“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks, it will be opened. Now which one of you fathers will his son ask for a fish, and instead of a fish, he will give him a snake? Or he will even ask for an egg, will give him a scorpion? So if you, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?”

Upvote 0