Can somebody please pass the incense?
May 21, 2009
Dayton, OH
✟22,008.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Surely there must be a way to oppose the Westboro Baptist Cult that doesn't involve swinging to the other side of insanity and promoting "peace" through pink lemonade outside a rainbow-colored building?

Not to reflect badly on a 5 year old. It's a cute story. She's a cute kid. But someone clearly is using this opportunity (and this girl) to promote a pro-homosexual message in place of the Westboro craziness.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Nephi

May 15, 2010
Ohio
✟15,515.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Surely there must be a way to oppose the Westboro Baptist Cult that doesn't involve swinging to the other side of insanity and promoting "peace" through pink lemonade outside a rainbow-colored building?

Not to reflect badly on a 5 year old. It's a cute story. She's a cute kid. But someone clearly is using this opportunity (and this girl) to promote a pro-homosexual message in place of the Westboro craziness.

Just saw it a bit ago myself, and this pretty much sums up my feelings about it.

It's like someone took the WBC model of incorporating their children in the protest and flipped it around to support homosexuality. Using children to push a political point like this isn't something I'm too fond of.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I bet there's a form of the "love the sinner, hate the sin" message that a person could use. That way the WBC can't say your pro-homosexual but you're also rejecting their message of hate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums