Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm a partial preterist but being ignorant of history I don't know what happened to fulfill these chapters of prophecy.
Hi smittymatt, The Gog/Magog event has not happened yet, but is close.

The evidence that it has not happened with that there is be a huge grave site for Gog's army. And there will be full time workers in Israel just for gathering up the corpses, that will take 7 months to complete. Ezekiel 39:11-12.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm a partial preterist but being ignorant of history I don't know what happened to fulfill these chapters of prophecy.
Not knowing what you mean, or even what a full preterist would be thinking, or what they say about any and all Scripture,

would you still hold to partial p if you discover some things that that direction includes that
you find to be contrary to all Scripture ?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

History is not my cup of tea either, yet in this particular case there apparently is no history to be ignorant of since zero in the past explains the fulfillment of these 2 chapters. On another Christian board I used to be a member of, there was an unbelieving Jew that posted there a lot. He knew the Jews history extremely well. I recall asking him what his take on these 2 chapters were. He basically said it's some future war that hasn't happened yet. Apparently then, at least according to that particular Jew, Jews know nothing about the fulfillment of these 2 chapters in the past if they are taking it to mean a future war that hasn't been fulfilled yet.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

The entirety of Ezekiel describes the period of the Babylonian captivity, beginning with God's judgement on Israel for idolatry, the wars of the Jews and Babylonians, the destruction of the city and the first temple, then finishes with the restoration of the city and temple and the return of the exiles. The story is told using prophetic language and allegory. The "dry bones" are the old Israel led into captivity, then the reconstitution of the new Israel that returned. For it to take seven years to clean up the dead bodies of the various wars of that time is hardly unusual. There would have been corpses littering the entire country and it would have taken a very long time to discover them all.

Upvote 0