Expunging Trump's Impeachments? They're far from the shallows now...

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,099,039.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It has never been done before, and may not be able to be done. The Senate, which held two trials, obviously won't go along with it.

But that doesn't stop Reps. Elise Stefanik (who is bright enough to know better) and MTG (who isn't) from trying.

And really, since he is adding on more and more indictments and probably convictions on his curriculum vitae on a monthly basis, is it even worth it to try?

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟333,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why bother? Trump impeachments isn't stopping him. BTW, I looked up MTG. And she's completely nuts and a right-wing extremist, far-right conspiracy theories, And extremely brained wash. I'm not getting why she was hired for such an important job. I guess it's really crazy in Georgia's, for such a person to be elected. There's craziness on both sides of the political field. But politicians are supposed to bring commonsense into the job, not engage with the extremist. I looked up Reps. Elise Stefanik, she knows she has to behave in a way to get rightwing votes. Which is sad, because that's how low politics have fallen.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟488,849.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How Orwellian! Let's rewrite history and pretend it never happened. SMH.
I mean, it is the party supporting burning, I mean cancelling, I mean banning of books which contain unapproved topics. Removing unapproved bits of history would be pretty on-brand.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,090.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Why bother? Trump impeachments isn't stopping him. BTW, I looked up MTG. And she's completely nuts and a right-wing extremist, far-right conspiracy theories, And extremely brained wash. I'm not getting why she was hired for such an important job. I guess it's really crazy in Georgia's, for such a person to be elected. There's craziness on both sides of the political field. But politicians are supposed to bring commonsense into the job, not engage with the extremist. I looked up Reps. Elise Stefanik, she knows she has to behave in a way to get rightwing votes. Which is sad, because that's how low politics have fallen.
Why? Because it is what trump wants. It is always about what trump wants.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,199,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If his J6 impeachment is expunged, wouldn't that cancel Trump's argument that the acquittal makes him immune from criminal prosecution?
Their argument was he would be immune unless he was impeached, convicted and removed then he could be prosecuted for that specific crime.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟196,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hence his claim of immunity as he wasn’t removed.
That's some iron-clad logic there: if a President commits crimes during his last days in office when there's no time for an impeachment and Senate trial, there is no accountability. Just what the Founders wanted!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums