Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are wrong.

All those attacks are done by muslims. Its the one constant. If you remove this constant out of the system and deport them back at their origin you solve this problem.

More naivity.

And completely ignoring the fact that most of these people are european citizens, born and raised in our very countries. 2nd and even 3rd generation muslims.

Some of them aren't even descendends of immigrants, but native people who converted to Islam.

Again, you are extremely naive. And also reacting exactly like the terrorists want you to react.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No matter what the West does, its "what the jihadists want".

No.

Jihadi's want to drag the west into an all-out war, coupled with racial and religious profiling, oppression and discrimination.

That's what they want. That's how they recruit and that's how they can destroy our free democracies.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
De we even know who carried out this attack or are we just assuming IS?
I wasn't sure, but I just checked and ISIS has claimed responsibility.

Of course, it could be some other group and ISIS is just taking the credit.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

So far as I have heard, there is no absolute confirmation of who did it, but it has been said that it ‘bears the hallmarks of the Islamic State’. If I am not wrong, I also read that IS had ‘praised’ the attacks.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟174,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
ISIS celebrated. Also, one of the news accounts mentioned survivors hearing shouts in Arabic just before the attack. That's all I know and read about.

Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
More naivity.

And completely ignoring the fact that most of these people are european citizens, born and raised in our very countries. 2nd and even 3rd generation muslims.

Some of them aren't even descendends of immigrants, but native people who converted to Islam.

Again, you are extremely naive. And also reacting exactly like the terrorists want you to react.

I´m sorry but thats what will happen and you know it.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
This is an important point. Their main tactic is trying to make us look like the racist instigators.
Hmm… Can you please point me to the source where you read that they claimed responsibility?

(Two minutes later…)

All I seem to have found so far is this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...lgium-airport-maalbeek-metro-we-a6945886.html. ISIS supporters claimed it, but ISIS officially has not yet done so.
It says a spokesperson through one of their propaganda outlets. That's pretty much all they have.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hmm… Can you please point me to the source where you read that they claimed responsibility?

(Two minutes later…)

All I seem to have found so far is this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...lgium-airport-maalbeek-metro-we-a6945886.html. ISIS supporters claimed it, but ISIS officially has not yet done so.

Off course it's ISIS fighters that did this...

That was pretty clear from the get-go.

And it's been confirmed to be the case as well:

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I did more searching, and the statement was straight from Amaq.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-belgium-blast-claim-idUSKCN0WO283
Standard liberal/progressive response. America is to blame for everything.
Patrick T is from Germany, and he's a conservative. ^_^

Regardless, you realize a statement like this doesn't make them wrong, right? Simply saying that a group says something is not an argument. The fact of the matter is that we are partly to blame for the creation of ISIS, and for some reason, Europeans seem to know this better than most Americans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟348,312.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Standard liberal/progressive response. America is to blame for everything.
Except that PatrickT is a conservative German nationalist. But why miss an opportunity to turn this tragedy into "Liberals are evil."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know it is what will happen.

That doesn't mean that it's a good thing.

I´m just realistic. I believe we will have something gigantic going on. There is already so much hate and i see it on myself. I feel nothing towards muslims anymore. No compassion. I saw their children in TV in those mud camps in Idomeni and felt nothing. No compassion, no mercy. I´m just cold towards them. And its strange but it wasn´t always like that. It developed.

And its evrywhere. My colleagues openly send anti muslim stuff through whats app.

I think the german philosopher Nietzsche talked about whats going on. He said:

"when you stare long enough into the darkness, the darkness stares right back into you".

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I feel nothing towards muslims anymore. No compassion. I saw their children in TV in those mud camps in Idomeni and felt nothing. No compassion, no mercy.
I don't understand this. I can't even get my brain to put people into "us vs. them" categories in the first place. I'd be more likely to group a Muslim person by gender, age, education status, etc. It's just a religion. I don't even know most people's religion unless it comes up in conversation. I don't get how you could turn off your humanity when you find out that an acquaintance is Muslim. Christian, Hindu, Muslim, no religion, whatever. I know all of the above, but it's background information.

Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't understand this. I can't even get my brain to put people into "us vs. them" categories in the first place. I'd be more likely to group a Muslim person by gender, age, education status, etc. It's just a religion. I don't even know most people's religion unless it comes up in conversation. Christian, Hindu, Muslim, no religion, whatever. I know all of the above, but it's background information.

What if i tell you that i dont understand it either? It just happened.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I´m just realistic. I believe we will have something gigantic going on. There is already so much hate and i see it on myself. I feel nothing towards muslims anymore. No compassion. I saw their children in TV in those mud camps in Idomeni and felt nothing. No compassion, no mercy. I´m just cold towards them. And its strange but it wasn´t always like that. It developed.

I totally disagree with Islam (and religiously think its anti-christ and reading there version of the end times they could be the forces of the anti-christ in the end time) and find most Muslims to be one-sided hypocrites, who to put it in a nutshell follow an M.O of "its okay for us to persecute and control over non-Muslims, but never okay if they do it to us"

But to de-human them completely, when they're still human beings, just does not seem right, they themselves are the biggest victims of Islam, even though they can't see it.

and how are you any different if you can look at certain people suffering and dying and feel nothing, to those who follow ISIS?

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0