Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's a good thing no one was hurt! Burning down or seriously damaging a building by the use of explosives is a horrible thing to do, and a horrible way to get your message out, whatever it may be.

But why does this get so much media attention when people are bombed, and people are maimed and killed all over this world by criminals and terrorists? Perhaps this will wake North American up to the horror of terrorism on the streets and create a revolution of Americans that then go and assist those who have been maimed by previous terrorist attacks.

There is always a need for more medical care, physiotherapy treatment, and prosthetics.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But they support the troops!
who is 'they'? assuming you are speaking of anti-war people, did they all have a hand in this? so why did you say what you did?

why do some republicans insist on generalizing so many groups of people?

That is a ridiculous comment.
so was yours. :)

Upvote 0

sammynic

Oct 17, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
✟17,288.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Excuse me, but talking logically is not the same as what you said. And it wasn't really WHAT you said that was bothersome, but the fact that you added the little smart-alec :p afterward. It was just rude and insensitive.

First of all, that was my mother you were addressing. And second of all, my step father (3g2d's husband) is a Marine, and went to Iraq and came home fine, just like the majority of the military. The statistics you see are just a very small portion of the United States Military.

Also, what frustrates me about your most recent comment, saying the "republicans insist on gerenalizing..." Aren't you, quite possibly, generalizing republicans? We do not all feel ONE way and we do not all lump people into categories.

Your statement was ludicrous, whether you believe so or not. It was hurtful and rude. So just be careful what you say, and realize that you could be really hurting the people you say it to.

Reactions: 3girls2dogs
Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Excuse me, but talking logically is not the same as what you said. And it wasn't really WHAT you said that was bothersome, but the fact that you added the little smart-alec :p afterward. It was just rude and insensitive.

First of all, that was my mother you were addressing. And second of all, my step father (3g2d's husband) is a Marine, and went to Iraq and came home fine, just like the majority of the military. The statistics you see are just a very small portion of the United States Military.

Also, what frustrates me about your most recent comment, saying the "republicans insist on gerenalizing..." Aren't you, quite possibly, generalizing republicans? We do not all feel ONE way and we do not all lump people into categories.

Your statement was ludicrous, whether you believe so or not. It was hurtful and rude. So just be careful what you say, and realize that you could be really hurting the people you say it to.
you seem to be addressing more than one person, as the only part that pertains, i believe, to me, is the part about republicans generalizing.

you'll note that i wrote 'some' republicans, thus avoiding the generalization you accuse me of. this, as opposed to the oft heard cry of 'the libs', made by, again, some conservatives.

do you deny that your mother made a generalization? maybe you can clear this up, then, since you seem wanting to speak on her behalf. who is the 'they' she refers to?

and how does someone who just joined in october of last year, and who has a whopping 126 posts, manage to have 27,000 reputation points? curious, indeed.

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you seem to be addressing more than one person, as the only part that pertains, i believe, to me, is the part about republicans generalizing.

you'll note that i wrote 'some' republicans, thus avoiding the generalization you accuse me of. this, as opposed to the oft heard cry of 'the libs', made by, again, some conservatives.

do you deny that your mother made a generalization? maybe you can clear this up, then, since you seem wanting to speak on her behalf. who is the 'they' she refers to?

and how does someone who just joined in october of last year, and who has a whopping 126 posts, manage to have 27,000 reputation points? curious, indeed.
She was a member here under a different name. Yes, I did make a generalization, just as you did. I'm tired of the anti-war crowd saying they support the troops and then treating them like dirt. This isn't the only instance, and it gets tiresome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I did make a generalization, just as you did. I'm tired of the anti-war crowd saying they support the troops and then treating them like dirt. This isn't the only instance, and it gets tiresome.

It gets annoying when you see radical instances of The Anti War Croud® thus you feel the need to generalize ALL of them? Do you realize that there are Americans who oppose the Iraq war but are serving in Iraq right now? Do you even care? Don't generalize with such a broad brush in the future.

Upvote 0

craigerNY

I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
She was a member here under a different name. Yes, I did make a generalization, just as you did. I'm tired of the anti-war crowd saying they support the troops and then treating them like dirt. This isn't the only instance, and it gets tiresome.
I'm against the war in Iraq and for that I am revered as a terrorist. Gee thanks.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟395,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
..snip...
Just a comment about the rep level.

It would only take one rep from some people to get to that level :doh:

If I rep 1 post it goes up by over 30,000.

For someone that's been here for about 3 years, I'm surprised you haven't learned how the reputation system works yet.

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm against the war in Iraq and for that I am revered as a terrorist. Gee thanks.
I never said you were a terrorist, I said it was likely a home grown terrorist. Nice try twisting my words, but you aren't going to bait me into arguing with you anymore. I withdraw from this conversation if it is just going to deteriorate into personal comments and insults.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
but i didn't make a generalization, and your frustration is no excuse for making yet another one above.

pgp_protector said:
It would only take one rep from some people to get to that level

If I rep 1 post it goes up by over 30,000.

For someone that's been here for about 3 years, I'm surprised you haven't learned how the reputation system works yet.
thanks for the info, and i'll ignore the insinuation.

[QUOTE3girls2dogs]Awesome comeback!![/QUOTE]as opposed to generalizations, it was a winner.

Upvote 0

Jacey

WinJace
Jan 12, 2004
Atlanta
Visit site
✟5,805.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat

Hey, I did 8 years in the Corps, have been against the war since 2002 and I'm considered a terra-ist.......it's not so bad, I haven't been shot at yet, and the crying spouses who have coffins come home don't have me to blame.

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, I did 8 years in the Corps, have been against the war since 2002 and I'm considered a terra-ist.......it's not so bad, I haven't been shot at yet, and the crying spouses who have coffins come home don't have me to blame.
I have actually always considered you a very intelligent, very informed source of information, and always respected what you post, even when I disagree with you. I don't know who labled you a terrorist.

Upvote 0