Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
3) And you don't explain the what the locusts are and how they relate to the abomination.
The locust creatures of the 5th trumpet judgments are unleashed from the bottomless pit and torment men for 5 months. The first of three woe judgments.

42 months rule of the beast.jpg

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
4) And you don't explain how the 'days of the great tribulation are shortened'. Your explanation doesn't explain what 1335 days is shortened from. From what? It is shortened from what? Saying from killing everyone is not an answer.
Shortened from all flesh on earth dying.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
5) And you don't put things in order: you have the 2 witnesses during the Seals? The 2 witnesses are 1260 days before the 7th Trumpet and the 1st woe comes before that.
The seals begin the first day of the 7 years. I also show the horses and riders on my main chart below this one.

the seven seals c.jpg

My main chart:

horiziontal chart June 25, 2022 .jpg

Upvote 0

Fisherking

Oct 18, 2023
Alabama
✟18,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
שִׁקּ֣וּצֵיהֶ֔ם
or
שִׁקּוּצִים֙
is plural abominations.

שִׁקּוּץ
is a singular abomination.

Dan 9:27 is שִׁקּוּצִים֙, which is plural.

I have been doing this 40 years brother. I told how it can mean either or and in the New Testament Greek, Jesus was QUOTING Himself basically because Jesus was the pre incarnate Man in Linen in Dan. 12, so Gabriel was following his orders. So, in Matt. 24:15 its very clear he calls it an Abomination, but who cares ? Its a meaningless bad argument anyway. He could be counting it has an Abomination for each day, even for the evening and morning sacrifice. Anyone into prophecy who doesn't understand these are small picture things, not big picture issues, doesn't quite understand how prophecy works.

The AoD is the Image (Rev. 13 GO READ IT the 2nd Beast or False Prophet makes an Image of the first beast) standing in the holy place.

Also,
imo, you are confusing the 1260 days - they are the 1st half of the 7 year covenant. The mid-point of the covenant is the 7th Trumpet, having started with the mighty angel of Rev 10 swearing an oath. That oath is the 7 year covenant. (the ruler of Tyre who calls himself God (Ezek 28:2) is likened to an angel in Ezek 28:14.)
No, the 1260 happens in the middle of the week reread Dan. 12:7, from the time the holy peoples are conquered or scattered, there shall be a time times and 1/2 or 1260 days until all these wonders end [at the second coming of Jesus]. So, the 1260 is in the middle of the 70th week. The 7th Trump blows 75 days before Jesus shows up. The mid point is Rev. 8 the Asteroid strike in four phases (Trumps 1-4).

Rev. 10 is merely God telling us what the 7 trumps (7 Thunders) will bring. This is why the little book is both bitter and sweet. Judgment coming is sweet, it gets us closer to an eternal life with Jesus, but to John, having billions of human beings judged & killed is bitter in his stomach.

this 1260 days here:
Dan 7:25 He will speak out against the Most High and oppress the saints of the Most High, intending to change the appointed times and laws; and the saints will be given into his hand for a time, and times, and half a time.
Yes, he rules for 1260 days, that's the whole point.

and this 1260 days here:
Dan 12:7 And the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by Him who lives forever, saying, “It will be for a time, and times, and half a time. When the power of the holy people has finally been shattered, all these things will be completed.”
What I just pointed out above.

Dan 7:11 Then I kept watching because of the arrogant words the horn was speaking. As I continued to watch, the beast was slain, and its body was destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was removed, but they were granted an extension of life for a season and a time.
What beast is it that is killed? It is the Dan 7 4th beast. The Dan 7 4th beast is killed after 1260 days - the 1st half of the 7 years which ends at the 7th Trumpet.

Who are the 'rest of the beasts'? It's the 'lion, bear, leopard'! Who is mentioned in Rev 13's beast from the sea? The leopard, bear, lion. The extension of a 'season and a time' applies to the Rev 13 beast from the sea. The 42 months of the Beast from the sea is shortened to 70 weeks (a season and a time)

That is one manner by which the great tribulation is shortened.

Dan 7:25 and Dan 12:7 'time, times, half a time' does not refer to Rev 13:5's beast from the sea 42 months (which begins at the mid-point of the 7 years). It refers to the 1st half of the 7 years.
No, its the Daniel 7's fifth (5th) beast you can not see it, like most others, the Man of Sin, the A.C. the Assyrian, the Little Horn etc. etc. We see he is killed in Rev. 19:20 also, he is thrown alive into hell, which means he never rests until the 2nd resurrection, which is 1000 years later, but is judged straight away.

He dies when Jesus shows up at the 7th Vial in Rev. 16:19.

The rest of the beasts live on, well all did even after they were Beast kingdoms, Alexander the Great died in Babylon, he ruled from there, both Persia and Greece are still around today as is Rome/Italy.

The reason those three are mentioned in Rev. 13 is to show us all 5 beasts. Those three, then Rome who received the mortal wound, thus this figurative 7 headed beast went away for nigh 2000 years, there was no Israel to beast over !! But when the A.C. conquers Jerusalem/Israel the wound will be healed, and the 7 headed beast will once again be in operation. Nothing is shortened, that is just you not taking into account God/Jesus's pre planed 2nd coming, which actually kills the beast (shortens his life) which shortens the beasts natural born life. But he dies on day 2520 of the 70th week (last day) and on the 1260th day of the beasts rule.

Dan 8, 9 and 16 covers the 1260 days of God's Wrath. Rev. 12 and 13 cover the exact same 1260 days. Rev. 17 and 18 covers the exact same days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been doing this 40 years brother. I told it can mean either, and in the New Testament Greek, who as QUOTING Himself basically because Jesus was the pre incarnate Man in Linen in Dan. 12, so Gabriel was following his orders. So, in Matt. 24:15 its very clear he calls it an Abomination, but who cares ? Its a meaningless bad argument anyway. He could be counting it has an Abomination for each day, even for the evening and morning sacrifice. Anyone into prophecy who doesn't understand these are small picture things, not big picture issues, doesn't quite understand how prophecy works.

The AoD is the Image (Rev. 13 GO READ IT the 2nd Beast or False Prophet makes an Image of the first beast) standing in the holy place.

No, the 1260 happens in the middle of the week reread Dan. 12:7, from the time the holy peoples are conquered or scattered, there shall be a time times and 1/2 or 1260 days until all these wonders end [at the second coming of Jesus]. So, the 1260 is in the middle of the 70th week. The 7th Trump blows 75 days before Jesus shows up. The mid point is Rev. 8 the Asteroid strike in four phases (Trumps 1-4).

Rev. 10 is merely God telling us what the 7 trumps (7 Thunders) will bring. This is why the little book is both bitter and sweet. Judgment coming is sweet, it gets us closer to an eternal life with Jesus, but to John, having billions of human beings judged & killed is bitter in his stomach.

Yes, he rules for 1260 days, that's the whole point.

What I just pointed out above.

No, its the Daniel 7s fifth (5th) beast you can not see it, like most others, the Man of Sin, the A.C. the Assyrian, the Little Horn etc. etc. We see he is killed in Rev. 19:20 also, he is throw alive into hell, which means he never rests until the 2nd resurrection, which is 1000 years later, but is judged straight away.

He dies when Jesus shows up at the 7th Vial in Rev. 16:19.

The rest of the beast live on, well all did even after they were Beast kingdoms, Alexander the Great died in Babylon, he ruled from there, both Persia and Greece re still around today a is Rome/Italy.

The reason those three are mentioned in Rev. 13 is to show us all 5 beasts. Those three, then Rome who received the mortal wound, this figurative 7 headed beast went away for nigh 2000 years, there was no Israel to beast over !! But when the A.C. conquers Jerusalem/Israel the wound will be healed, and the 7 headed beast will once again be in operation. Nothing is shortened, that is just you not taking into account Jesus's pre planed 2nd coming actually kills the beast (shortens his life) which shortens the beasts natural born life. But he dies on day 2520 of the 70th week (last day) and on the 1260th day of the beasts rule.

Dan 8, 9 and 16 covers 1260 days of God's Wrath. Rev. 12 and 13 cover the exact same 1260 days. Rev. 17 and 18 covers the exact same days.
I have read it.

And you didn't respond to my point that there are 2 abominations:

the Rev 13 one you are referring to (the living image) is AFTER the 'sign of the son of man in heaven' which is clearly pointing to Rev 12:1.

There is a second abomination - that one occurs BEFORE the 'sign of the son of man in heaven'. Go read Matt 24:29-31.

So, the 1260 is in the middle of the 70th week. The 7th Trump blows 75 days before Jesus shows up. The mid point is Rev. 8 the Asteroid strike in four phases (Trumps 1-4).

The 2nd Trumpet's 'burning mountain' is referring to the fall of Babylon. There very well may be an 'asteroid' event, but that is not it's primary meaning.

Jer 24Before your very eyes I will repay Babylon and all the dwellers of Chaldea for all the evil they have done in Zion,” declares the LORD.​
25“Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain, you who devastate the whole earth, declares the LORD. I will stretch out My hand against you; I will roll you over the cliffs and turn you into a burnt mountain.

Yes, the 1260th day is the middle of the 7 years, but that is at the 7th Trumpet.

Rev. 10 is merely God telling us what the 7 trumps (7 Thunders) will bring.
That isn't what it says:

Rev 10:7 but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.

It says that the mystery of God is done at the 7th Trumpet. That's the time of the 2nd abomination.

The rest of the beast live on, well all did even after they were Beast kingdoms, Alexander the Great died in Babylon, he ruled from there, both Persia and Greece re still around today a is Rome/Italy.

So they only live on for a season and a time. What happens at the end of this time frame? Kind of strange that that amount of time is 70 weeks.

Nothing is shortened, that is just you not taking into account Jesus's pre planed 2nd coming actually kills the beast (shortens his life) which shortens the beasts natural born life. But he dies on day 2520 of the 70th week (last day) and on the 1260th day of the beasts rule.
This cannot be true.

Is this explaining the meaning of 1335 days? Just moving 'the middle of the 7' to mean, 'not really the middle' like Doug does?

With this interpretation, how do you explain the beast being around 75 days after his expiration date? If the beast starts on day 1185, there is no way he could be around at the end of 2520 days - he would have been gone 75 days prior.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The locust creatures of the 5th trumpet judgments are unleashed from the bottomless pit and torment men for 5 months. The first of three woe judgments.

View attachment 341268
The 2 witnesses 1260 days are within the 2nd woe, not during the Seals...

Isn't it obvious that putting the 7th Trumpet before the 6th Trumpet is not correct?

Literally nothing in this chart sticks to what Revelation is describing.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Isn't it obvious that putting the 7th Trumpet before the 6th Trumpet is not correct?

Literally nothing in this chart sticks to what Revelation is describing.
John was being show what the three trumpet woes would be.

The 1st and 2nd trumpet woes, what they will be, are in Revelation 9. The 3rd trumpet woe, what it will be, John was shown in Revelation 12:12.

the seven seals 5 .jpg

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In Revelation 11, John begins prophesying again after eating the little book handed to him by the angel in Revelation 10:7-11.

Revelation 11 is not a extension of the events of Revelation 9. The 1260 days of the two witnesses are the first half of the 7 years.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Revelation 11, John begins prophesying again after eating the little book handed to him by the angel in Revelation 10:7-11.

Revelation 11 is not a extension of the events of Revelation 9. The 1260 days of the two witnesses are the first half of the 7 years.
The 2nd woe arrives at the start of the 6th Trumpet - Rev 9:13.

The 1st woe arrives at the start of the Trumpets/ start of the 5th Trumpet.

We know that the 2nd woe ends at the 7th Trumpet. Rev 11:14

You would have me believe that the 2nd woe starts before the 1st woe? Please just stop.

There is literally no indication that there is any break whatsoever proving that there is a jump in sequence. None. That is your own incorrect reading of things.

Why can't you just put things in the order that it is given? Just stop telling me 7 comes before 6 before 3 before the 2nd Seal before the 6th Trumpet before the 4th Bowl of wrath before the 1st Seal, etc.

Why won't you just accept what Revelation is saying instead of putting your own interpretation into it that clearly isn't there?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

You would have me believe that the 2nd woe starts before the 1st woe? Please just stop.

There is literally no indication that there is any break whatsoever proving that there is a jump in sequence. None. That is your own incorrect reading of things.

Why can't you just put things in the order that it is given? Just stop telling me 7 comes before 6 before 3 before the 2nd Seal before the 6th Trumpet before the 4th Bowl of wrath before the 1st Seal, etc.

Why won't you just accept what Revelation is saying instead of putting your own interpretation into it that clearly isn't there?
When is Satan is cast down to earth in the days when the 7th angel sounds, he will be given the key to the bottomless pit, to release the locust creatures.

1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Who is that star in verse 1, tranquil ?

The order of what the woes are as revealed to John - was first the fifth trumpet, second the sixth trumpet, third the seventh trumpet.

What you are not getting, tranquil, is that the seventh trumpet gives the time span during which the first and second woes fit. i.e. they fit within the time, times, half time that Satan will have left when he is cast down to earth.

compoinets of the seven years in Revelaiton5 .jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fisherking

Oct 18, 2023
Alabama
✟18,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have read it.

And you didn't respond to my point that there are 2 abominations:

the Rev 13 one you are referring to (the living image) is AFTER the 'sign of the son of man in heaven' which is clearly pointing to Rev 12:1.

There is a second abomination - that one occurs BEFORE the 'sign of the son of man in heaven'. Go read Matt 24:29-31.
There is only one Abomination, once you have defiled the temple, it can not be defiled again unless it is first cleansed. The AoD in Dan. 11 was a shadow of the coming A.C./Beast's end time AoD. Bt of course you are saying there is two end time Abominations, and that's just not factual my friend, I see why you are confused, you do not understand that Rev. 12:1-5 is a CODE ONLY, that we are given by God so we can solve who the Women is, and so John (who gets this from God) will not have to say Israel, why? Because Rome had just conquered Israel, John sending letters saying Israel was going to rule the world in the end would have been seen as treason, and those church members probably would have been killed. That is also why Babylon (the Whole World) is used, John saying Babylon was going to be Judged and Destroyed got laughs from the Romans when they saw those writings in the Churches hands, Babylon was a Dead City by 90ish AD. But if John had said "The World" was going to be judged and defeated, the Romans would have seen that as treason also, they were "THE WORLD" in their ow eyes. So, what is the CODE? See Below:

Revv. 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven(A vision of a Women in Heaven); a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: 2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth(Israel birthed Jesus), and pained to be delivered.

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon(Satan), having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. {{{ Satan was over every Kingdom that came against Israel, from Egypt, to Babylon, to Greece, Rome AND the Anti-Christ/Little Horn. The 10 is the political power he arises in, the E.U. because in prophecy 10 equals completion. }}}

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven(Satan's rebellion & fall), and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered(Jesus' birth), for to devour her child as soon as it was born(King Herod ordered all babies under two years old murdered, that is why Joseph and Mary were told to flee into Egypt).

5 And she brought forth a man child(proper translation is MALE Child), who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron(one day as King of kings): and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne(Jesus dies and then ascends to heaven).

Now lets look at the Old Testament to get the CODE God just used so only His servants can understaand.

Gen. 37:9 And he(Joseph) dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.

So, Joseph is the 12th star. His brothers sold him int bondage because of jealousy and this dream. So, his father Jacob was "THE SUN" and Rachel was "THE MOON" and his 11 brothers and him, with his family, make up Israel. So, that whole code is to inform us Israel will be protected in the end times for 1260 days. The prophecy actually starts in vs. 6, verses 1-5 is a CODE, God uses codes throughout the Revelation.

Rev. 12 and 13 cover the exact same 1260 days !! Notice the Dragon chases the woman (Israel) for 1260 days and the A.C./Beast rules for 1260 days. Everything is centered around the 1260 DOTL event.

Mattw. 24:29 happens at the 1260 middle of the week, the sun and moon goes dark because of the Asteroid striking earth. THEN.................[1260 days later] the Son of man shows up. One day I will break down how the book of Revelations Chronological Order actually plays out.

The 2nd Trumpet's 'burning mountain' is referring to the fall of Babylon. There very well may be an 'asteroid' event, but that is not it's primary meaning.

Jer 24Before your very eyes I will repay Babylon and all the dwellers of Chaldea for all the evil they have done in Zion,” declares the LORD.25“Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain, you who devastate the whole earth, declares the LORD. I will stretch out My hand against you; I will roll you over the cliffs and turn you into a burnt mountain.
Yes, the 1260th day is the middle of the 7 years, but that is at the 7th Trumpet.
No, you have it all conflated brother.

Look at Rev. 8 very close.

Trump #1 sees 1/3 of the trees burning. What happens when the huge asteroids come in? Well, Sodom was burned up by an asteroid breaking apart, these sulfur balls never quit burning, so you can not find a sign on earth, but you can find them were the dead sea has receded. Look it up. This asteroid will be much bigger. but only about the 10th of the size of the one that killed off the Dino's. Apophis if it hits (it will) will hit in the ocean just off the California & Mexico border. However before its impact it will be tearing itself apart coming into our atmosphere, and then 1/3 of the trees will burn, I think that is the New World, we have exactly 1/3 of the landmass on earth. The Pacific Ocean has 1/3 of all the water on earth.

Trump #2 is the Impact, John saw a Great Earthquake, well of course he did, we could take all the Nukes on earth today, set them off in one place, that's about the amount of energy this asteroid will have when it hits the earth.

Trump #3 is the Fallout of the impact the sulfur fallout blocked the suns rays and thus killed of the Dino's because no vegetation could grow. We will see a fallout of something that poisons 1/3 of the fresh waters, so in the New World, not in the Old World, where Jesus will rule from.

Trump #4 is the Sun and Moon growing dimer, of course, the debris, smoke from trees and houses burning will get up in the air streams and blot out the suns rays, and the moon will look blood red (all the fires will make it appear red via a red hue, of course)

Mountains equals kingdoms, look at the Mountains in Rev. 17. You are ascribing a wrong understanding to that mountain, it means a power, and that was back before Jesus came, Babylon was judged and found wanting, thats the handwriting on the wall, Mene, mene tekel.

That isn't what it says:

Rev 10:7 but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.

It says that the mystery of God is done at the 7th Trumpet. That's the time of the 2nd abomination.
Yes, because the 7 Thunders are the 7 Trumps. The Two-witnesses pray down every plague, after the 2nd Woe they pray down the 3rd Woe which is brought forth when an Angel blows the 7th Trump. But the Two-witnesses die right after the pray, still at the 2nd woe, before the 7th Trump blows.

Yes, the 7th Trump finishes it all, how so? Read Rev. 8:13 it tells us the Three Trumps yet to sound ARE THE THREE WOES !!! So, Trump #7 blows, the 3rd woe begins, and the 3rd woe is the 7 Vials. So, the 7th Trump will end it all [ but with 7 Vials that is the 3RD WOE]. That can be seen in Rev. 16. So, the last Trump ever blown is the 7th trump, God's number 7 means Divine Completion. So, the 7th Thunder will finish everything via the 7 Vials that emit from it which is the 3rd woe.

So they only live on for a season and a time. What happens at the end of this time frame? Kind of strange that that amount of time is 70 weeks.

Babylon went away, as Prophesy stated it would, but yet lived on, the others are still around, but they will all come under the rule of the King of kings and Lord of lords when Jesus returns to earth. The 70 7s or 70 weeks is merely a judgment time frame given unto Israel to repent. That was paused for nigh 2000 years when God made the "Dead Men's Bones".

Think of it this way, take out the Church Age completely and put the puzzle back together, the Statue and the Four Beasts plus an End Time 5th Beast all fit together like a puzzle.

This cannot be true.

Is this explaining the meaning of 1335 days? Just moving 'the middle of the 7' to mean, 'not really the middle' like Doug does?
The middle of the 7 years is the 1260, but the A.C. is not the Beast until that point in time, the 1290 happens 30 days before the 1260, in the midst of the week, not in the exact middle. We know the 1260 is the middle, not the 1290 nor 1335.

With this interpretation, how do you explain the beast being around 75 days after his expiration date? If the beast starts on day 1185, there is no way he could be around at the end of 2520 days - he would have been gone 75 days prior.
No, the Beast starts on day 1260, the Two-witnesses their ministry start on the 1335 (1185), that is why the DIE FIRST at the 2nd Woe, before the Beast dies at the 7th vial (2nd coming). Israel has to repent BEFORE the coming Day of the Lord falls, how else would they know to flee Judea? They do not read Matt. 24:15, the Two-witnesses get 1/3 of Israel to repent (Zech. 13:8-9 says so) THEN in Zech. 14:1 we see the DOTL arrives !!

You probably ought to read my OP, seems you are confusing things Douggg is saying with my post. Douggg never gets the timeline correct.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, the Beast starts on day 1260,
The beast's "rule" begins on day 1260 as shown on my timeline chart. Once the AoD is setup on the temple mount, the two witnesses battle the beast while the Jews in Judea are fleeing to the mountains for safety. The beast overcomes the two witnesses and kills them on day 1260. On day 1263.5 the two witnesses come back to life and ascend to heaven.

counrt forward 1290 days paart 4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After 70 years God will punish Babylon and all the nations of the world. Jeremiah 25.
Daniel was reading Jeremiah 25, Daniel 9:1-2, and understood that he was inside of a 70 year captivity.
Gabriel tells Daniel that seventy captivities will happen. Daniel 9:24 'Seventy captivities are determined upon they people....'
Seventy seventy year captivities. 4,900 total years worth of captivity.
In about the middle of the which the Messiah suffers the death penalty, but not for Himself.
'And after 32 captivities shall Messiah suffer the death penalty, but not for Himself' Daniel 9:26.

And therefore the anti-Christ really has 70 years, not just 7.

'And he shall confirm a covenant with many for one captivity,
and in the midst of the captivity he shall cause the sacrifice and ablation to cease....'

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
After 70 years God will punish Babylon and all the nations of the world. Jeremiah 25.
Daniel was reading Jeremiah 25, Daniel 9:1-2, and understood that he was inside of a 70 year captivity.
Gabriel tells Daniel that seventy captivities will happen. Daniel 9:24 'Seventy captivities are determined upon they people....'
Seventy seventy year captivities. 4,900 total years worth of captivity.
In about the middle of the which the Messiah suffers the death penalty, but not for Himself.
'And after 32 captivities shall Messiah suffer the death penalty, but not for Himself' Daniel 9:26.

And therefore the anti-Christ really has 70 years, not just 7.

'And he shall confirm a covenant with many for one captivity,
and in the midst of the captivity he shal.l cause the sacrifice and ablation to cease....'
It is 70 x 7 weeks (heptads). 70 x 7 weeks of years.

The 7 years of Daniel 9:27 is the same seven years following the Gog/Magog event in Ezekiel 39.

Gog/Magog - then the 7 years verses 9-10 - then Armageddon verses 17-20 - then Jesus Himself speaking in the text verses 21-29, having returned to this earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

No, I never said that the 2nd woe precedes the 1st woe.

What I am explaining to you is that both the 1st and 2nd woe fit within the timeframe of the 3rd woe.

Upvote 0

Fisherking

Oct 18, 2023
Alabama
✟18,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This is the only part you get correct. Daniel was reading from Jeremiah, and he knew the 70 yeas of exile was near, so he goes into prayer, he tells God of all Israel's sins, throws the nation at the mercy seat of God then reminds God of His promise of only 70 years in exile in Babylon. His prayer ends like this, then Gabriel comes forth to tell Daniel what is going to happen. God has a law in place for Israel that times their punishment TIMES SEVEN (Leviticus 26:18 see below). So, its self explanatory.

Leviticus 26:18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins. 70 x 7 = 490.

Dan. 9:18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies. 19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

Then we get this from Gabriel the angel.

20 And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God; 21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding. 23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

The understanding that Daniel is given by Gabriel proves everything is timed by seven (7).

24 Seventy weeks (70 x 7) are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem(49 years) unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks(434 years): the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself(So, you add the 49 years with the 434 years and that = 483 years, leaving ONE SEVEN to go, that comes BELOW):

The translators who translated these passages, got vs. 26 wrong, the first part, above, goes with vs. 25 the latter part, below, goes with vs. 27.

and the people(Romans/Europeans) of the prince that shall come(2000 some odd years later) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary(Jerusalem is destroyed by Rome THE PEOPLE in 70 AD); and the end thereof shall be with a flood(The Roman Army is that "flood"), and unto the end of the war desolations are determined(In 70 AD the Jews were displaced from their homeland for nigh 2000 years). 27 And he(HE...the prince to come at the END TIMES) shall confirm the covenant(Agreement) with many for one week(the last SEVEN or 70th week): and in the midst of the week(1290 which is 30 days before THE MIDDLE) he(Anti-Christ) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease(he CAUSES the "Sacrifice" or Jesus worship to stop), and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate(an Image of the Beast is placed in the temple of God), even until the consummation(until Jesus destroys them), and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

So, Israel was placed in Exile for 70 years and told they were carried away because of their sins. Then they refused to repent, many wanted to stay in Babylon, they loved it, they loved worshiping Babylon's false gods, so they never repented. So, God sent Gabriel to tell Daniel His "NEW PLANS" He was going to give Israel their home back because He promised them He would, and because Israel had to birth a Messiah to save mankind, but He was going to TIMES their punishment by SEVEN because they refused to repent and remained in their sins.

So, what is 70 x 7 ? 490, how many years have Israel been given until EVERLASTING RIGHTOUSNESS is brought in [by Jesus] ? Well, 490 years, of course. 483 years passed when Jesus died, God put off the 70th week and inserted the Church Age, He saw Israel as "Dead Men's Bones", to God they were no longer an entity, no longer a nation, but in 1948 God brought Israel back from the dead, God is now only waiting for the TIME of the Gentiles to end (Church Age) then and only then will the 70th week Judgment kick in. But what triggers the 70th week? Israel joins the E.U. thereby, for all intents and purposes, gives away God's land and rekindles His anger once again.

All these other numbers you came up with are not biblical my friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is 70 x 7 weeks (heptads). 70 x 7 weeks of years.

The 7 years of Daniel 9:27 is the same seven years following the Gog/Magog event in Ezekiel 39.

In the first year of Darius I Daniel understood by the book the number of the years,
whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet,
that He would accomplish 70 years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

Daniel 9:1-2

And Daniel continued even unto the first year of king Cyrus.
Daniel 1:21

Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia,
that the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah might be accomplished,
the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia....
and he has charged me to build him a house in Jerusalem....

2 Chronicles 36:22-23

Daniel was in Babylon the full seventy years; the Babylonian captivity.
In Daniel 9:1-2 (above) Daniel is reaching close to the end of those seventy years.
And reading Jeremiah he understands the seventy year time frame.
Jeremiah said that after seventy years many nations would be punished
beginning with Jerusalem; Jeremiah 25:12,18,26.

Then I took the cup at the Lord's hand,
and made all the nations to drink,
unto whom the Lord had sent me.
To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah,
and the kings thereof, to make them a desolation,
an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse, as it is this day

Jeremiah 25:18

Having read that, Daniel starts to pray about it.

And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession,
and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God,
keeping the covenant of mercy to them that love Him,
and to them that keep His commandments.....
O Lord, according to all thy righteousness,
I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury
be turned away from thy city Jerusalem
thy holy mountain: because of our sins,
and for the iniquities of our fathers,
Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach
to all that are about us.

Daniel 9:4,16

It is clear that Daniel understands that Jeremiah 25:12-26 was happening, that is what the text says.
He does not know how it ends for him, we know due to 2 Chronicles (above)
it is specifically stated that what Jeremiah said was fulfilled during the reign of Cyrus,
those initial seventy years ended at that time.

And that is the context of Daniel 9:24.
In chapter 8 Gabriel comes and gives Daniel specific details about the vision
Daniel saw in chapter 8, Gabriel goes over each animal specifically.

Chapter 9 begins with Daniel reading Jeremiah,
understanding that he is in a seventy year captivity, and praying about it.
Gabriel comes and gives Daniel more information about the time frame.

Some translations use the word "sevens" some "weeks".
I hope to have established very clearly above with scripture
that the context is the seventy year captivity Daniel was in.
And so it makes perfect sense that what Gabriel tells Daniel
is that seventy such Captivities would happen.

Seventy captivities are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city....
Daniel 9:24

Notice that is directly in relation to Daniel's prayer and to the captivity he is in.

And we can see multiple 70 year periods of captivity for Israel.
The Babylonian captivity, and the 0 - 70 a.d. captivity.

And so in Daniel 9 we are told about 4,900 years worth of captivity,
seventy 70 year periods of time, starting in Daniel's time,
and also with the Messiah as a key point within the time frame.

Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of
the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince [Ezra 4:24, Haggai 1:1-8]
shall be seven captivities and 62 weeks:
the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublesome times.
And after the 62 weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for Himself:
and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city
and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood,
and until the end of the war desolations are determined.

Daniel 9:25-26

That is how I think it should be understood,
now that I write it all out, in that passage it is seven captivities and 62 weeks,
but the overarching timeline is seventy captivities.

Darius [Haggai 1:1] died 486 BC.
BC counts backwards to the birth of Christ.
King Herod died around 4 BC.
Therefore it was about 490 years after Haggai
and then another 62 weeks that the Messiah suffered the death penalty.

Daniel 9:24-27 is telling us about 4,900 total years,
and so after the Messiah there would still be thousands of years.

And ok, so 4900 minus 490 is 4410 years.
So about 4410 years would remain after the Messiah.

1290 stated in Daniel 12:11 plus 1335 stated in Daniel 12:12 is 2625.
I think both of those should be understood as years and not days.
I'm uncertain how we get 1260 specifically.
But adding 1260 + 1290 + 1335 we get 3885.
As years, that is only a 525 discrepancy from the needed 4410.

-------

The texts of Ezekiel 37-39 and Revelation 20 give a clear and matching timeline.

Ezekiel 37:1-14 = Resurrections.
{ see also Acts 23:5-8, 26:6-8,
Ezekiel 37:12 is the promise of resurrection made to the fathers collectively that Paul speaks of in Acts }
Ezekiel 37:15-28 = Reign. { Jeremiah 30:9 an actual resurrected David }
Ezekiel 38 and 39 = Gog and Magog.

Revelation 20:4-5 = Resurrections.
Revelation 20:5-7 = Reign.
Revelation 20:7-10 = Gog and Magog.

Both texts are speaking about the same events in different ways,
giving different details of events that are yet to happen.

The Messiah also expounded on Ezekiel's prophecy.
There are only two accounts in the whole Bible that use the phrase "from the four winds"
they both are speaking about actual resurrection, the same event.

"Come, from the four winds, Oh breath of life,
and breath upon these slain that they may live,
....and they stood upon their feet an exceedingly great army"

Ezekiel 37:9-10

"He shall send forth His angels with the great sound of a trumpet
and they shall gather together His chosen ones, from the four winds"

Matthew 24:31

The Lord returns gloriously, resurrecting Israel from death, David and all righteous of Israel and the saints,
will be resurrected in a moment to be an exceedingly great army with the Lord in the air.
And we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

And such is the great restoration of Israel, the Lord restores from even death
and brings His people very gloriously back into their land.
As such the talk will be of that glorious return and no more of the red sea and Exodus.
For 1000 years Satan will be locked away.
After 1000 years he is let loose one last time and will go out to deceive,
and gather the nations, Gog and Magog, and gather them for battle against the saints.
But a fire will come down and devour them all, and kindle the world itself ablaze.

Last edited:
Upvote 0