Experiencing hardships

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am experiencing hardships. I just lost my job and it has come at a difficult time as have debts to pay off.

Also I do want to go to seminary to eventually go to full time ministry but due to my debts it will be very difficult for me to go to seminary now.

Pray that my financial situation will improve to the point where I will even be able to afford to go to seminary.

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am experiencing hardships. I just lost my job and it has come at a difficult time as have debts to pay off.

Also I do want to go to seminary to eventually go to full time ministry but due to my debts it will be very difficult for me to go to seminary now.

Pray that my financial situation will improve to the point where I will even be able to afford to go to seminary.
I will be praying for you and please know that God will be with you forever.

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
They said, "go to bible college." But God said, "I give you a spirit of revelation to know me."

Are we to obey men or God?
They said, "go to bible college." But God said, "I give you a spirit of revelation to know me."

Are we to obey men or God?
Well I feel then since with my latest retrenchment then bible college is not for me as the Lord would have provided a way with help with finances at this stage as the debts are accumulating. I have to find a new job and in this day and age it is not easy finding a new job.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

What kind of job you do? Perhaps someone might refer you to a job. I just can't think of something as I'm jobless myself, lol.

But I'm actively looking for a job now.

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What kind of job you do? Perhaps someone might refer you to a job. I just can't think of something as I'm jobless myself, lol.

But I'm actively looking for a job now.
I worked in the construction industry. I have been told to avoid taking out more loans but I am very tempted at this stage as there is something I really need to pay within the next few weeks. Unless I able to get a new job before then.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I rather be dead by the end of the year than put up with the crap with job losses and financial hardships as I have experienced that too long.

Hang in there buddy, I know exactly how you feel. I'm also draining the little money I have left in the bank because of my lack of work and apparent difficulty in getting a new job.

If I had the opportunity, I would have referred a job to you but sadly, there's no one I know who works in construction.

I'd like to pray for you but I figure, you rather hear someone giving you job prospects.

Anyway, which state are you? Maybe someone near you here can help you find or refer you to a job

Upvote 0

Daryl Gleason

A man of God
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2016
Cali, Colombia
✟28,436.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can't say what God's specific plans for you might be, but I can say that he is with you every step of the way. If you can, resting in Proverbs 16:9 and Proverbs 3:5-6 may help.

Back when I was looking for new job possibilities, I used Intercristo, which has since merged with christianjobs.com. I never actually took a job they listed, as I ended up moving out of the country and changing my life completely, but they had a number of interesting options I was considering.

I don't see any specific construction-related jobs there right now, but depending on what you did in that industry -- or what you might like to do in other areas -- there might be possibilities.

In any case, my prayers are with you. God took to training me directly rather than sending me to a seminary, so I can say that this is possible and viable, depending on what ministry God has in mind for you.

In Christ,
Daryl

• Agree
Reactions: dude99
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hang in there buddy, I know exactly how you feel. I'm also draining the little money I have left in the bank because of my lack of work and apparent difficulty in getting a new job.

If I had the opportunity, I would have referred a job to you but sadly, there's no one I know who works in construction.

I'd like to pray for you but I figure, you rather hear someone giving you job prospects.

Anyway, which state are you? Maybe someone near you here can help you find or refer you to a job
Thanks for the message and prayers guys. Anyway I don't live in the States. I will apply for new work next week as really need to get debts sorted out in order.

Upvote 0

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I’m sorry to learn about your situation, brother. Please know that I’ll be praying for you, asking the Lord to meet your every need as you trust in Him. May He go before you in your search for a new job. God bless you!

Upvote 0

Strong Wave

Sep 14, 2016
Colorado
✟28,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry that you have fallen on hard times financially. It’s not easy to face an ongoing struggle to make ends meet, and I can understand why you’re feeling the strain of these circumstances. I pray for God to provide for your needs and sustain you with His strength in the days ahead.

• Agree
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the message and prayers guys. Anyway I don't live in the States. I will apply for new work next week as really need to get debts sorted out in order.

It would be great if you can find another job easily.

My uncle, when he lost a job. His Christian friends got him a job.

It would be darn nice if you got Christian friends like that who would actually get out of their way and help out a brother or a sister who needed help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It would be great if you can find another job easily.

My uncle, when he lost a job. His Christian friends got him a job.

It would be darn nice if you got Christian friends like that who would actually get out of their way and help out a brother or a sister who needed help.
Thank you for your responses and prayers. I have Christian friends around me praying for me. So far no Christian friend has offered me a job due to I unable to match their job qualifications.

I feeling depressed now and do feel at times worthless.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your responses and prayers. I have Christian friends around me praying for me. So far no Christian friend has offered me a job due to I unable to match their job qualifications.

I've encountered a lot of people like that. I always tell them I'm a fast learner. Sometimes it works, sometimes, not.

But I get your point. People have gone cold these days. Glued to the pattern of the world instead of what Jesus would do. They'll pray for you of course, nothing bad about it, but perhaps, it's obvious, it's the EASY thing to do.

Sorry for that rant. But yeah, sometimes I too feel it's down to luck. If there's anyone around who would actually help you whether they're Christians or not.

Upvote 0

Daryl Gleason

A man of God
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2016
Cali, Colombia
✟28,436.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I hear you. In these times, my best recommendation is to focus on Jesus in prayer, remembering that he is Lord of all and that your life and path are in his hands.

Our worth does not depend on being valued by others, whether at work, in relationships, or anything in this world. It does not even depend on being valued by ourselves, as it is he who values us, enough to have died on the cross for us.

It can be hard to see how this helps when we're in the midst of suffering. However, even this time is all part of his plan. Jeremiah 29:11.

Please do not lose heart! I'm continuing to pray.

In Christ,
Daryl

Upvote 0

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
Hey Dude I know that right now things seem bleak and I can tell your worried confused and feeling like there is no hope but before you give in to these feelings and all your worries and doubts remember what Jesus said about the sparrow.
sometimes we go through storms like this often times God purposely leads us to them so that we can learn to lean on him not ourselves so that we can learn to rest in him and his peace and love instead of our own abilities to make it through the storm.

In the center of a tornado it's peaceful and quite and likewise in the middle of the storm is where you will find Jesus, remember seek first the kingdom of God and all else will be given. If you seek him out first if you spend time with him if you hunger to develop a deeper love and bond with him then you will be blessed with far more than money:)

Upvote 0