Uk
✟119,668.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
You determine the age of a tree by counting the rings. You determine the age of the earth when you study the layer of the earth. Also you study the layers of the ice caps. The moon is moving away from the earth so you can determine when the moon hit the earth. Esp using computer models. That is a bit advanced for the average joe though. The universe can have a very rapid expansion rate so you can not use the speed of light. People reject radiometric dating because it has to be calibrate. There is also plate technotes. Something they discovered when looking for hidden submarines. This explains when and how mountains were made.

Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Job 38:4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.

View attachment 349061
What an accurate scientific diagram

• Haha
Reactions: Platte
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Clearly you do not accept the historical account of Creation as provided in Genesis literally.
I accept a literal Bible I just cannot explain it and neither can you. What i reject is the suggestion that God is trying to scam and deceive people with this appearance of age theory. I have this great big huge high school biology book, with a well read chapter on sexual reproduction. But we are suppose to say none of this is true and God is tricking us and science is tricking us into being deceived into thinking the earth is old.

Jeremiah 4:2 says: "‘As surely as the LORD lives,’ in truth, in justice, and in righteousness,"

There is no truth, justice and righteousness is trying to claim God created the appearance of age to test us.

I think the appearance of age theory is a scam and it is people trying to scam us.

So sorry, wrong number, no one by that name lives here.
All fossils have been created in the past 6000 years.
Scam, sorry, wrong number.
If you disagree with that show me the fossil records
The person to study here is
Stephen Jay Gould
American paleontologist and evolutionary biologist

Gould described himself as “an agnostic.” He had no interest in proving or disproving God. Gould's most significant contribution to evolutionary biology was the theory of punctuated equilibrium developed with Niles Eldredge in 1972. The theory proposes that most evolution is characterized by long periods of evolutionary stability, infrequently punctuated by swift periods of branching speciation.

“Punctuated equilibrium is the idea that evolution occurs in spurts instead of following the slow, but steady path that Darwin suggested. Long periods of stasis with little activity in terms of extinctions or emergence of new species are interrupted by intermittent bursts of activity.”

There you go, according to Harvard Professor Gould it all happened in a instant. Just like you said. Science is a trickster trying to deceive us into thinking it was a long, slow drawn out process and it did not take billions of years. It only took a 24 hour day.

You forget, I started out YEC before I converted. I still am YEC in that Adam and Eve lived 6,000 (5,995) years ago and Noah's flood was a real flood and the ark was a real literal ark.

Niles Eldredge is still alive at 80 and is very well published. Gould kicked the bucket at 60 from Cancer.

Here is your fossil. The according to YEC this organism was created and died in a 24 hour day.
How quick they come and go. It must have been a wild and crazy day with things coming and going so quick.

1717333688361.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟26,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think the appearance of age theory is a scam and it is people trying to scam us.
So you consider God creating Adam as a Man a scam? He was just created but gave the appearance of being decades old - so creating Adam was a scam?
Big tall trees being created. A scam. Green grass on day 1 - a scam. Adult animals, birds, fish. All a scam? Creating a mountain, a river, an oceans. They would take billions of years to form so again, a scam that God created them that way for creation. Those things represent a scam too?

Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟26,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Here is your fossil. The according to YEC this organism was created and died in a 24 hour day.
How quick they come and go. It must have been a wild and crazy day with things coming and going so quick.

View attachment 349191
And what am I supposed to get from this picture of fossils? Looks like They all died together most likely from a sudden flood that came upon them.

• Agree
Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
They all died together most likely from a sudden flood that came upon them.
That is the case for the dinosaurs. Their remains are in flood deposits. Which agrees with YEC that the dinosaurs died in Noah's flood.

Trilobites lived in marine environments from the Cambrian Period to the Permian Period, about 542 to 252 million years ago. They occupied a variety of ecological niches, and their fossils can be found all over the world.

I never heard of Marine animals dyeing in a flood. How does that work out?
So you consider God creating Adam as a Man a scam?
I think it is a scam that you take peoples words and twist them into something they are not saying. That is why they call this a strawman.

I think it is a scam that the only chapter people read in their biology book is the one on sex, with male and female orgrans. The Bible tells us why God made a male and female. For the most part people do not read their Biology book to offer a valid objection. They have no idea what they do not agree with because they never read the book.

Do you really think God is trying to trick and deceive people? Not me. I think YEC are trying to trick and deceive with their interpertation and with their traditions. Jesus warns us to be careful with traditions.

Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟26,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That is the case for the dinosaurs. Their remains are in flood deposits. Which agrees with YEC that the dinosaurs died in Noah's flood.

Trilobites lived in marine environments from the Cambrian Period to the Permian Period, about 542 to 252 million years ago. They occupied a variety of ecological niches, and their fossils can be found all over the world.

I never heard of Marine animals dyeing in a flood. How does that work out?

I think it is a scam that you take peoples words and twist them into something they are not saying. That is why they call this a strawman.

I think it is a scam that the only chapter people read in their biology book is the one on sex, with male and female orgrans. The Bible tells us why God made a male and female. For the most part people do not read their Biology book to offer a valid objection. They have no idea what they do not agree with because they never read the book.

Do you really think God is trying to trick and deceive people? Not me. I think YEC are trying to trick and deceive with their interpertation and with their traditions. Jesus warns us to be careful with traditions.
You didn’t answer the questions. I didn’t answer them for you either. I’ll repeat the questions.

So you consider God creating Adam as a Man a scam? He was just created but gave the appearance of being decades old - so creating Adam was a scam?
Big tall trees being created. A scam. Green grass on day 1 - a scam. Adult animals, birds, fish. All a scam? Creating a mountain, a river, an oceans. They would take billions of years to form so again, a scam that God created them that way for creation. Those things represent a scam too?

Do you consider any of those things scams?

Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟26,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Trilobites lived in marine environments from the Cambrian Period to the Permian Period, about 542 to 252 million years ago.
Trilobites did not live millions of years ago. Where your evidence and why do you so blindly accept that?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Trilobites did not live millions of years ago. Where your evidence and why do you so blindly accept that?
Where is your evidence and why do you so blindly accept that? I will give you the same answer that I keep giving you ever time you ask me this question: Geology. James Hutton had a strong Christian Faith. Charles Lyell was also a Christian believer. I understand that not everyone has the same interest with rocks the way I do. People must wonder about me the way I love to play with rocks. I do love to study them. Esp the way they are formed and the way gravity effects them. Making them very easy to stack and build things out of.

Trilobites rank among the most important early animals. Our knowledge of them has been gained from the study of their fossils, usually the impressions left of their shells after burial in sediment that subsequently hardened into rock.

James Hutton (1726-1797), a Scottish naturalist and farmer, is known as the "father of modern geology" for his work in establishing geology as a modern science. Hutton was a keen observer of the world around him and used his observations of rocks to develop geological principles. He also played a key role in the Scottish Enlightenment, a scientific Renaissance where many groundbreaking thinkers challenged established ideas

Charles Darwin's theory of evolution was influenced by the geological theories of James Hutton and Charles Lyell, who both proposed that the present is the key to the past. Lyell's book, Principles of Geology, argued that gradual geological processes have shaped the Earth's surface over a long period of time, which Darwin took with him on his voyage aboard the HMS Beagle from 1831 to 1836. This evidence that the Earth was much older than previously thought was crucial to Darwin's theory, which suggests that all species on Earth evolved from a common ancestor over millions of years
1717367105107.png

Attachments

• 404226161_1399599807639837_4118842906713440008_n.jpg
    404226161_1399599807639837_4118842906713440008_n.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Trilobites did not live millions of years ago.
Are they alive today? No. Were they destroyed in Noah's flood? No. So did God make them and destroy them the next day? So all of the many, many trilobites lived for less that 24 hours? Did they go extinct the same day God created them? The Bible seems to be VERY clear that God tells them to " 22God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas,"

So they got fruitful, increased in number to where they FILLED the water in the sea and went extinct ALL in the same 24 hour day?

Trilobites were once very diverse and abundant, with some estimates suggesting over 20,000 species. They were among the first complex animals to appear in the fossil record, and their remains are found all over the world. In fact, entire biozones and strata have been named after trilobites.

Attachments

• 1717368517802.png
    1717368517802.png
    16.6 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟814,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All fossils have been created in the past 6000 years. If you disagree with that show me the fossil records that indisputably show different. I’ve studied the fossil records and I’m not impressed. And I definitely do not see anything that would show me that the fossils are older than 6000 years. It’s my opinion that most were created by The Flood.
I am sorry, then you have been researching with a biased eye and choose to ignore the science, tossing it aside as false because it does not support your view of the scriptures (but for record, it does support my view of the scriptures). All fossils were not created in the last 6K years, it is frankly nonsense to even propose that. Either you go all in on "God created it that way", which would include all the fossils, or you need to look at the possibility that the Earth is far older than you think.

We can dig down to the layer where we expect to find dinosaurs - and we don't fine mammals.
We can dig down to the layer where we expect to only find invertebrates in a certain area - and we don't find vertebrates.
We can dig down to the layer where we expect to only find ice age mammals - and we don't find dinosaurs.

I am an amateur fossil hunter, I look in the layers for the animals I expect to find - and I find them. I know this from experience and a plethroa of data. No, I am not going to search it out for you. The science and data that supports an old Earth is found easily. The science that supports a 6,000 year old Earth is essentially non-existent.

It's fine if you want to say that "God created it all as we see it and as it is", that's a faith statement, but when you start mixing in things like "all the fossils were created in the past 6,000 years" you run into problems. It is not possible, the animals in the fossil record either were created by God as fossils and never walked the Earth, or they did walk the Earth at vastly different times and it was way longer than 6,000 years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟26,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry, then you have been researching with a biased eye and choose to ignore the science, tossing it aside as false because it does not support your view of the scriptures (but for record, it does support my view of the scriptures).
That’s pretty ironic. I said the evidence does not show any fossils are older than 6000 years ago. But you toss my view aside because it doesn’t support your view. You provided zero evidence that my view is wrong. If fossils are older than 6000 years then should be very easy to conclusively show that.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟814,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s pretty ironic. I said the evidence does not show any fossils are older than 6000 years ago. But you toss my view aside because it doesn’t support your view. You provided zero evidence that my view is wrong. If fossils are older than 6000 years then should be very easy to conclusively show that.
I guess that we are going to have to agree to disagree here. I used to be a YEC and I used to believe that "God just created it all the way that it is", but I did my research both in written data and in the field, and I just can't see that to be true, it just does not make any sense based on the observable data. With further research in theological matters I found the interpretation that I now follow, and it squares with the observable data and the Scriptures.

I am not going to waste my time giving you links and citations to data, it is out there - mountains of it - but if you don't want to believe it to have any merit and are just going to toss it aside for "God created it the way that it is" then I don't really need to waste my time linking that data for you and you don't need to waste your time reading it.

I sincerely wish you the best, we are both trying to follow what we believe to be the meaning of the passages and live in a fantastic world created by God.

Upvote 0

Platte

Jul 14, 2020
Virginia
✟26,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I guess that we are going to have to agree to disagree here. I used to be a YEC and I used to believe that "God just created it all the way that it is", but I did my research both in written data and in the field, and I just can't see that to be true, it just does not make any sense based on the observable data. With further research in theological matters I found the interpretation that I now follow, and it squares with the observable data and the Scriptures.

I am not going to waste my time giving you links and citations to data, it is out there - mountains of it - but if you don't want to believe it to have any merit and are just going to toss it aside for "God created it the way that it is" then I don't really need to waste my time linking that data for you and you don't need to waste your time reading it.

I sincerely wish you the best, we are both trying to follow what we believe to be the meaning of the passages and live in a fantastic world created by God.
Next time you are outside. Look around. Look at this amazing Earth. Things didn’t evolve to become what you see. Yes, this is what God Created for us.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟814,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Next time you are outside. Look around. Look at this amazing Earth. Things didn’t evolve to become what you see. Yes, this is what God Created for us.
Ha, I am outside all the time. As I mentioned, I am an amateur fossil hunter, so I am in the field looking at this stuff first hand. And you are right, the Earth is amazing.

Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟119,668.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I accept a literal Bible I just cannot explain it and neither can you. What i reject is the suggestion that God is trying to scam and deceive people with this appearance of age theory. I have this great big huge high school biology book, with a well read chapter on sexual reproduction. But we are suppose to say none of this is true and God is tricking us and science is tricking us into being deceived into thinking the earth is old.

Jeremiah 4:2 says: "‘As surely as the LORD lives,’ in truth, in justice, and in righteousness,"

There is no truth, justice and righteousness is trying to claim God created the appearance of age to test us.

So sorry, wrong number, no one by that name lives here.

Scam, sorry, wrong number.

The person to study here is
Stephen Jay Gould
American paleontologist and evolutionary biologist

Gould described himself as “an agnostic.” He had no interest in proving or disproving God. Gould's most significant contribution to evolutionary biology was the theory of punctuated equilibrium developed with Niles Eldredge in 1972. The theory proposes that most evolution is characterized by long periods of evolutionary stability, infrequently punctuated by swift periods of branching speciation.

“Punctuated equilibrium is the idea that evolution occurs in spurts instead of following the slow, but steady path that Darwin suggested. Long periods of stasis with little activity in terms of extinctions or emergence of new species are interrupted by intermittent bursts of activity.”

There you go, according to Harvard Professor Gould it all happened in a instant. Just like you said. Science is a trickster trying to deceive us into thinking it was a long, slow drawn out process and it did not take billions of years. It only took a 24 hour day.

You forget, I started out YEC before I converted. I still am YEC in that Adam and Eve lived 6,000 (5,995) years ago and Noah's flood was a real flood and the ark was a real literal ark.

Niles Eldredge is still alive at 80 and is very well published. Gould kicked the bucket at 60 from Cancer.

View attachment 349191
Look like a group of isopods...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟119,668.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
You didn’t answer the questions. I didn’t answer them for you either. I’ll repeat the questions.

Do you consider any of those things scams?
Faith...a gift of God. Praise The Lord for His indescribable gift

"If they do not believe moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded even if One were to rise from the dead"

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We can dig down to the layer where we expect to find dinosaurs - and we don't fine mammals.
Also there are air bubbles in the ice core samples that shows the atmosphere was different at the time of the dinosaurs. It was alot more humid and the color of the sky was pink. Only turtles and crocodiles have survived and they like very wet conditions.

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0