Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
"Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips."

and Isaiah 43:10-11

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour."

This sounds good to me!

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's right..... There are no other "Saviors"....

He's the ONLY one we worship.

LDS hymn

Great is his glory and endless his priesthood.
Ever and ever the keys he will hold.
Faithful and true he will enter his kingdom,
Crowned in the midst of the prophets of old.

Is this speaking of Jesus?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That's right..... There are no other "Saviors"....

He's the ONLY one we worship.

Freudian slip?

God the Father is the Supreme Being in whom we believe and whom we worship. He is the ultimate Creator, Ruler, and Preserver of all things. He is perfect, has all power, and knows all things. He “has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's” (D&C 130:22).
God the Father

Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and the Son of God. He is our Redeemer. Each of these titles points to the truth that Jesus Christ is the only way by which we can return to live with our Heavenly Father.
Jesus Christ

The Church's first article of faith states, “We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.” These three beings make up the Godhead. They preside over this world and all other creations of our Father in Heaven.
Godhead

Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: “[Joseph Smith’s] experience clarified for mankind the existence of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost. Thus to the world came the vision that three personages comprise this great presiding council of the universe and have revealed themselves to mankind as three separate beings, physically distinct from each other. … The Holy Ghost … is a personage of spirit. The Holy Ghost is a witness of the Father and of the Son declaring to man their attributes, bearing record of the other personages of the Godhead” (“The Articles of Faith,” Ensign, May 1998, 23–24).
Rejoice in Our Knowledge of the Godhead - Liahona Feb. 2005 - liahona

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Nope.... No more than Christ saying it in that verse is it a "Freudian slip".

Yet, we also know in his other words he said we are to Worship the Father.

Do you not also worship Christ as the Nephites did? Do you worship the Holy Ghost?

Upvote 0

tezboski99

Jun 27, 2012
✟15,693.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married
Well I guess Jehovahs Witnesses have 2 savoirs...lol

We worship the GOD that Jesus worships and serves in heaven. If you have an issue with that....it's your issue.

Hebrews 8:1-2
"We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2 and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle.."

Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

We worship the GOD that Jesus worships and serves in heaven. If you have an issue with that....it's your issue.

Hebrews 8:1-2
"We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2 and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle.."

Who worships Jesus in heaven according to the Revelation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums