mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Hi, I am wondering if anyone else is trying to lose weight. I wouldn't know how much weight I need to lose, or how much I weigh. I don't have a pair of scales in the house! I know that everytime I get on them, I get depressed, and because I am depressed I eat!!! My scales are actually at my MIL house. She asked if I wanted them back. Not yet, no way. I am pretty overweight and am finding losing it a struggle. Partly because I am thinking I want more babies, so I'll just get fat again, what's the point. And also because I love food!!!

I made jam drop cookies on the weekend, they were so yummy, I must admit I ate them all up (of course my husband and son helped me, but I ate most of them) So to make up for it, I am eating - wait for it - SALAD, and trying so hard to make it enjoyable. How can you compare cookies to salad?

I am also trying to become more enthusiastic about exercise. I own at least a dozen exercise videos but it's not so easy when after my darling is in bed, I just want to blob out. Today I chased him around the park so I think that should count.

Anyway, I think that is enough of a ramble now.

I think I should change my nick name to "COOKIE MONSTER"

elm1976

Nov 11, 2003
canberra, australia
Visit site
✟7,884.00
Faith
Christian
Hi

I try to ride when I have time and the weather isn't bad, but other than that it's a workout session to wiggles videos.

What I have found that is good though is six small meals a day not three big. Trying to eat snacks like fruit, yogurt, nuts etc instead of chips and chocolate, inbetween your small portions of breakfast lunch and dinner. I must admit though that I do seem to eat all the time as I'm home and not working. I've also taken to doing the food shopping on Woolies homeshop so I don't browse the bad food aisles at the shops, its also easiler with two kids.

see ya
Elm

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Stuart Elflett said:
Hey Mamaneenie,

For me, it's a 45 minute walk every day... a better diet too, nothing drastic, just considering the sugar & fat content of things...

Peace be with you...
Stuart
Before I had Daniel, I was the kind of person who would jump out of bed, and go for a 1/2 hour power walk with hand weights at 6:30 am. For some reason I have lost that enthusiasm! The problem is I know what I should do (I lost 20kg once) but I love junk!!!!

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
elm1976 said:
Hi

I try to ride when I have time and the weather isn't bad, but other than that it's a workout session to wiggles videos.

What I have found that is good though is six small meals a day not three big. Trying to eat snacks like fruit, yogurt, nuts etc instead of chips and chocolate, inbetween your small portions of breakfast lunch and dinner. I must admit though that I do seem to eat all the time as I'm home and not working. I've also taken to doing the food shopping on Woolies homeshop so I don't browse the bad food aisles at the shops, its also easiler with two kids.

see ya
Elm
Do you cycle, that is great!! The paths around Canberra are pretty good. I was talking to someone the other day about my husband taking his bike to work so I could have the car. They thought that was really healthy. It was so funny for me (embarrassing for them) when I said, not really, it is a motorbike lol. The fact I am home is why it is hard, boredom sets in and I eat. I try to counteract that by getting out to play group, ladies Bible study etc. But that doesn't help because there is food there too!! What is a girl supposed to do.

I don't shop much at Woolies anymore. We are near Aldi, so most stuff is done there, and also at the fruit and veg market. I like my fruit and veg to be fresh, so I tend to shop sometimes more than once a week. If I know I'm going to be near a fruit market while I'm doing something else, I go in then. I found myself very shocked the other day when I went into woolworths and saw zucchini's were $6.00/kg. What a waste of money, when the last time I bought them they were around $3.00/kg

Upvote 0

elm1976

Nov 11, 2003
canberra, australia
Visit site
✟7,884.00
Faith
Christian
mamaneenie said:
I don't shop much at Woolies anymore. We are near Aldi, so most stuff is done there, and also at the fruit and veg market. I like my fruit and veg to be fresh, so I tend to shop sometimes more than once a week.

I can't wait till we get Aldi on this side of town, it's heading to Gungahlin towards the end of 2004. Yah. I do my fruit, veg and meat shopping at Belconnen markets, prices and quality are much better than Woolies. I'm afraid woolies here in Gungahlin has no competion whatsoever at the moment.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
elm1976 said:
mamaneenie said:
I don't shop much at Woolies anymore. We are near Aldi, so most stuff is done there, and also at the fruit and veg market. I like my fruit and veg to be fresh, so I tend to shop sometimes more than once a week.

I can't wait till we get Aldi on this side of town, it's heading to Gungahlin towards the end of 2004. Yah. I do my fruit, veg and meat shopping at Belconnen markets, prices and quality are much better than Woolies. I'm afraid woolies here in Gungahlin has no competion whatsoever at the moment.
I used to go to Belco markets when we were living on Northside. There is Mother natures in Tuggie, but that is not nearly as good as Belco markets. I have found a good butcher in Woden, which sells the meat that is getting close to expiry date at reduced prices. I save a packet by buying meat there, sometimes things are almost half price. It just means that it goes in the freezer, or we eat it that night.

Upvote 0

Stuart Elflett

Nov 19, 2003
Adelaide
Visit site
✟15,203.00
Faith
Christian
It's the option of being around in the future for my kids that motivates me to get out in the morning - I've brought my weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar down to much, much better levels just by getting that little bit extra movement in the day... I've gotta go early so I can get back before the kids wake up and help with them in the morning... :)

Peace be with you...
Stuart

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Stuart Elflett said:
It's the option of being around in the future for my kids that motivates me to get out in the morning - I've brought my weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar down to much, much better levels just by getting that little bit extra movement in the day... I've gotta go early so I can get back before the kids wake up and help with them in the morning... :)

Peace be with you...
Stuart
That's excellent. How old are your kids? I wish my husband would help out more with Daniel. Sometimes it is like I am hitting a brick wall trying to get him to play with him. On the weekends it is easier. Some week days he is working up to 10 hours a day - plus his home business (eeek!) which is probably why he doesn't like the idea of me getting a job, after all someone has to keep the house running. However, now that Daniel is talking and seeming more like a little person, than a helpless baby I have noticed my husband take more interest. My husband is out of the house to get to work at 7:30, and comes home for dinner at around 6:00 (and that is an early night) I don't want to seem like I am complaining because I know that he is very much interested in what Daniel and I do during the day, and sometimes we go and meet him for lunch, so it all evens out in the end.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Hi, I forgot to say, that after my little whinge about having to exercise yesterday, I did 45min of my exercise video, and also, today I am having vegetable pasta for lunch. This morning at playgroup I only had 1 piece of cake instead of 2 or 3 (hangs head in shame about admitting that I would really have liked to have had 3 pieces)

I think what keeps me motivated is remembering the young girls my husband works with. They are mostly 21-25 (not that 27 is ancient) slim and gorgeous. Also my husband was telling me that they were trying to hit on him. (or so he says) but he told them, "look, I'm a married man, and I have a 11/2 year old son - not interested" So now they leave him alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stuart Elflett

Nov 19, 2003
Adelaide
Visit site
✟15,203.00
Faith
Christian
I have two daughters, Cassie, who is three and a half, and Brooke, who is nearly one and a half... They can be a handful at times... I'm out by eight and back at 6, 5.30 on a good day, so I try and help in the mornings - although they like to see daddy in the evening so sometimes they're late to bed...

I'm often in a similar boat to your husband - making some extra cash from photography does eat up some time... but I have the opposite end of things, flirty models... it's almost part of the nature of someone with the right attitude to get in front of a lens that they tend to have an outgoing nature, and despite 1. not being the most attractive male on the planet, 2. carrying more weight than I need, 3. being open about being happily married with kids AND 4. being obvious about being a practising Christian, I still find that some of them 'hit' on me - where were they when I was a carefree 20-30 year old on the Gold Coast, that's what I want to know!!

Peace be with you...
Stuart

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Stuart Elflett said:
I have two daughters, Cassie, who is three and a half, and Brooke, who is nearly one and a half... They can be a handful at times... I'm out by eight and back at 6, 5.30 on a good day, so I try and help in the mornings - although they like to see daddy in the evening so sometimes they're late to bed...

I'm often in a similar boat to your husband - making some extra cash from photography does eat up some time... but I have the opposite end of things, flirty models... it's almost part of the nature of someone with the right attitude to get in front of a lens that they tend to have an outgoing nature, and despite 1. not being the most attractive male on the planet, 2. carrying more weight than I need, 3. being open about being happily married with kids AND 4. being obvious about being a practising Christian, I still find that some of them 'hit' on me - where were they when I was a carefree 20-30 year old on the Gold Coast, that's what I want to know!!

Peace be with you...
Stuart
I find it is because he is in a mangement position, perhaps they look up to him, it doesn't happen now, although it did make me laugh when he first told me. They also thought he was older (he is only 27, like me).

I try and keep Daniel up, but lately he has been cutting out his day time nap :mad: he thinks it's a big joke. I couldn't find him this afternoon, he was hiding in his curtain. Oh well, he is in bed by 7pm on days like today. However, the days he does have a nap, he is still in bed at 7:30 anyway.

We have been talking about having another baby. I am feeling nervous about having another one, but we will leave it in God's hands. I think I would like a little girl if we have another one.

Upvote 0