eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Even though a few of you here and my mom have told me that I shouldn't be talking to my ex right now, I continue to communicate with him. In his last email back to me he told me that his roommates had been asking him why he looks so sad and he admitted that he is down. I actually was suprised to hear that, since he had told me two weeks ago that the romantic feelings that he had for me were gone. Of course he may just be grieving over the lost possibility of marriage, but it still made me feel better that he wasn't out there having a great time while I trying to heal a broken heart.

JustSomeGuy

Aug 29, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟15,233.00
Faith
Christian
With my ex I made the mistake too of continuing to talk to her afterward. Actually it was a mistake to date her in the first place. I basically went out with her because I was lonely and I saw her as needing someone. Before we started dating she said she agreed with the way I felt on every issue I asked her about. During the relationship she did a 180 on everything. She got another boyfriend VERY soon after we broke up. I was still emailing her because I had been paying for her web site and I was trying to transfer ownership to her. What I should have done was just back the site up to CD, mailed it to her, then dropped the site. The contact got dragged out till I unfourtunately made her mad by telling her to stop calling me and that she lied to me. I don't like people being mad at me and I wish she wasn't.

Upvote 0

chanis

"scru mpt rule cent ...&a
Nov 22, 2004
San Diego
✟16,870.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't konw...I just think sometimes you need to cut the string, there was a reason why you ended the relationship...There needs to be some healing time if you want to move and I think having them there can sometimes keep you from moving on...

Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
chanis said:
I don't konw...I just think sometimes you need to cut the string, there was a reason why you ended the relationship...There needs to be some healing time if you want to move and I think having them there can sometimes keep you from moving on...
Actually he was the one who ended it-and the reasons just didn't make sense. I think he was making an emotional decision and didn't think it through. Many people have been telling me that he may have some issues to work through because he is in his mid-40's and has never been in love. In his last email he admitted that they are probably right. His parents' divorce 30 years ago was something that he mentioned many times and his high school years were very difficult.
We have never fought with eachother and even when I was going through some anger last week it was tempered by the feelings that I had for him. I am trying to move forward. I'm meeting people, but I'm not ashamed to say that I would be willing to try again with him and support him in whatever counseling he might need in order to deal with his past-if that really was part of the reason for him breaking up with me.

Upvote 0