Evolution

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 1:19-22 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

These "fools," are clearly shown that there is a God....whether or not they are taught doctrine, whether or not they sit in a pew each Sunday, whether or not they ever pick up His Bible. He shows them in nature and He is "clearly seen," so...there is NO excuse. But, the fools, thinking themselves so wise, so scholarly, so above silly ignorant beliefs such as love of God "became vain in their imaginations," coming up with the idea of....

19:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Evolution. Instead of being created in His image, these fools change this truth into us evolving from floating pond scum, to amphibious creatures, to apes, to humans.

Silly men. Men without excuse.
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

Reactions: ivebeenshown

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I say yup.

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

I say evolution was not even discovered in the bronze age, and the Bible couldn't possibly be talking about it.

I also say that evolution is the reality of the world, despite what creationists want to think. All evidence we have points towards evolution, and away from creationism. Creationism will eventually go the way of flat earthism and geocentrism. Give it a century or so.

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I also say that evolution is the reality of the world, despite what creationists want to think. All evidence we have points towards evolution, and away from creationism.

:scratch:

There are signs that in the western world (including the US) religion is, indeed, beginning a long, slow – although accelerating – decline. All the statistics show that congregations are falling, mass attendance is diminishing and Christian knowledge is passing inexorably from our culture.
Source: Terry Sanderson: Will religion fade away: Religion will die. I'm just sorry I won't be around to see it | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
All evidence we have points towards a falling away from the faith.

And it's been assaulted at the foundation. Almost every time I see the bible laughed at, it's somewhat because the atheists even understand the implications of Genesis.

Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
:scratch:

All evidence we have points towards a falling away from the faith.

And it's been assaulted at the foundation. Almost every time I see the bible laughed at, it's somewhat because the atheists even understand the implications of Genesis.

In this context, a lot of the times it's not the Bible that's being laughed at. It's the Christian who tries to run circles around reality to justify belief in an untenable theology (that is, creationism). Genesis is not the foundation of Christianity. Jesus is the foundation of Christianity.

Tying the validity of Christianity to the validity of a literal interpretation of Genesis does nothing but set one up for disaster later. Oftentimes, these people will finally realize that evolutionary theory is actually true, and it destroys their faith because they still cannot fully comprehend how to have a faith without a literal creation account. They thus become atheists or agnostics, and some start laughing or mocking creationists. It's a vicious cycle perpetuated by creationism itself.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I would merely point out that completely literal interpretation of the Bible's account of creation makes about as much sense as completely literal interpretation of Revelation ...

Some elements are literal, some are figurative.

Science does not equate with EVIL.
Evolution does not equate with EVIL.

There is plenty of room for debate with credible evidence.
There is no need for derogatory remarks or name-calling.

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In this context, a lot of the times it's not the Bible that's being laughed at. It's the Christian who tries to run circles around reality to justify belief in an untenable theology (that is, creationism). Genesis is not the foundation of Christianity. Jesus is the foundation of Christianity.

Tying the validity of Christianity to the validity of a literal interpretation of Genesis does nothing but set one up for disaster later. Oftentimes, these people will finally realize that evolutionary theory is actually true, and it destroys their faith because they still cannot fully comprehend how to have a faith without a literal creation account. They thus become atheists or agnostics, and some start laughing or mocking creationists. It's a vicious cycle perpetuated by creationism itself.

If one doesn't understand what is written on the subject does that make what is written...wrong? Or, does it mean there is more to learn? I submit there is more to learn...on both sides of the creation/evolution equation. But, His Word is not to be dismissed for, as The Creator, His Word stands.....

Mark 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ivebeenshown

Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In this context, a lot of the times it's not the Bible that's being laughed at. It's the Christian who tries to run circles around reality to justify belief in an untenable theology (that is, creationism). Genesis is not the foundation of Christianity.

Actually, it is the Bible they laugh at, and as result, Christians.

Jesus is the foundation of Christianity.

Most definitely! But the foundation consists of the law, the prophets, the apostles, with Christ as the CHIEF cornerstone.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually, it is the Bible they laugh at, and as result, Christians.

Creationism is not the Bible. Conflating the two is as ridiculous as saying sexual love is the Bible because of Song of Solomon.

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Creationism is not the Bible. Conflating the two is as ridiculous as saying sexual love is the Bible because of Song of Solomon.

I did not say 'Creationism is the bible.'

Atheists generally don't look at the bible and see a spiritualized Genesis...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

UpperEschelon

Sep 8, 2010
✟7,943.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

You're taking one definition of creationism and applying it across the board.

Creatio ex nihilo
Either way, whether you infer creationism/evolution, God is the author of all creation, before of which was the void.

How do I view creationism? God created all things, as the scriptures assure us. He could have used whatever processes He desired. If you desire to restrict God's creative power to the use of evolutionary processes, fine. I think you should be understanding if others do not wish to do the same. Not everyone might have the capacity or intellectual prowess to do so, and there are plenty of those who do and still do not accept TE (Cornelius G. Hunter, I believe is an example).

Theologies are deemed to be tenable according to scripture, not according to the findings of science...that's why it is called theology.

Upvote 0