Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is extremely foolish since scientists have had many completely successful experiments. It only shows your abject ignorance of the topic and your ignorance of how scientific research is done. What experiments ever "blew up"? They definitely did not crash and burn.
Lol. They were successful going to the moon. Abiogenesis is a failure. The only thing the experiments has be successful at it is scamming people out of their money.
An engineer is a lot more accountable since he has to produce real results or he will lose his job.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Lol. They were successful going to the moon. Abiogenesis is a failure. The only thing the experiments has be successful at it is scamming people out of their money.

The Miller-Urey experiment was a smashing success. It proved that the building blocks of life could come about through abiotic processes. You might as well claim that the moon landings were a complete failure because we didn't get close to another star.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your 'god' put no fences around nature. You have no rational account for the inhospitability of the planet, its natural disasters, its diseases etc.
The oceans divide the land better than a fence at a zoo.

Inhospitable- : having an environment where plants, animals, or people cannot live or grow easily.

There is a 7 billion people (plus animals and plants) on this planet which good evidence this planet is anything but inhospitable.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Miller-Urey experiment was a smashing success. It proved that the building blocks of life could come about through abiotic processes. You might as well claim that the moon landings were a complete failure because we didn't get close to another star.
And I would claim it was a smashing success of how not to make the building blocks of life since living system don't have both left-handed and right-handed amino acids.
It's the same logic Jones used when he wrote
If one politician is running a negative campaign against another politician, and the most (condemning) thing he can say is that the other guy got one parking ticket 28 years ago, the weakness of the charge is better evidence of innocence than guilt. If the best transitional form evolutionists can come up with is Tiktaalik, then the weakness of their claim is better evidence against evolution than for it.

I'm amused by those who think YEC who believe the earth is young is anti-science yet they, believing soup can come alive against all odds, are "Defenders of Science."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
And I would claim it was a smashing success of how not to make the building blocks of life since living system don't have both left-handed and right-handed amino acids.

Before the MU experiment, no one thought a racemic mixture was even possible.

I'm amused by those who think YEC who believe the earth is young is anti-science yet they, believing soup can come alive against all odds, are "Defenders of Science."

They believe that simple chemicals can produce amino acids under conditions that were present on the early Earth, and they are right.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
An engineer is a lot more accountable since he has to produce real results or he will lose his job.
Obviously you are not an engineer, since an engineer would understand about how one tests a new product as it is built. This is a very complex new product that must be tested and redesigned many times.

I do love how you keep moving the goal posts. That is the same as admitting defeat when you do that.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Before the MU experiment, no one thought a racemic mixture was even possible.

They believe that simple chemicals can produce amino acids under conditions that were present on the early Earth, and they are right.
And that's the end of the story. Amino acids of both left and right is useless when it come to life which means it's a dead end.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And that's the end of the story. Amino acids of both left and right is useless when it come to life which means it's a dead end.
+

No, of course it is not a dead end. That is merely another problem to solve. And it has been widely solved. I thought that I already linked an article on the chirality problem here. I could do so again. It is not as big of a problem as you think it is, but chirality is evidence for one common ancestor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And I posted other who think that Miller-Urey experiment is let them to no where and they need to think of something different.
You may have, I don't remember seeing it. Odds are that your post was from a group of rather ignorant people. If it was from a site that requires their workers to abandon the scientific method that is already a huge strike against them.

Upvote 0

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The oceans divide the land better than a fence at a zoo.

Inhospitable- : having an environment where plants, animals, or people cannot live or grow easily.

There is a 7 billion people (plus animals and plants) on this planet which good evidence this planet is anything but inhospitable.

And once again, you move the goalposts. We've gone from 'the universe was designed for humans' to 'the Earth was designed for humans' to 'the Earth was designed for life in general'. You can't actually defend any of these assertions, but your evasive behavior is noteworthy anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And once again, you move the goalposts. We've gone from 'the universe was designed for humans' to 'the Earth was designed for humans' to 'the Earth was designed for life in general'. You can't actually defend any of these assertions, but your evasive behavior is noteworthy anyway.
Who's we? You made the statement the earth is inhospitable for man. I also quoted scripture of where I stood.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Really? Why would they do that? In fact I doubt if that happens after death at all. Citation please.

Actually I found that if preserved by some means the various amino acids will racemize, but this is over a period of many thousands of years.

Upvote 0

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hey, strange visions of life assembling itself based on modern science tinkering with created materials is a fool's game.

Upvote 0

EcksDee

May 30, 2015
✟7,637.00
Faith
Atheist
Hey, strange visions of life assembling itself based on modern science tinkering with created materials is a fool's game.
Do you have any sources for that?
Just appealing to common sense and feelings doesn't cut it. You need data.

The MU experiments weren't meant to show that "This is exactly how life formed on our planet." They were meant to show that "Allowing for purely chemical processes and no tinkering by an intelligence, some building blocks of life can spontaneously form"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.