Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, sis, if you want to ask question after question about evolution, that's certainly your prerogative.

But please be careful and remember Paul's warning:
Colossians 2:8 said:
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
God bless --- :wave:

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
But we will never change species right. We will always be what we are right now. Human. When did an ape change from being an ape to being human? Also if we have the same ancestory can an ape carry a human child and vice versa?

we share a common ancestor with every other living creature on the planet, it just depends how far back in time you go. Do you really think a human can carry an ape child because at one point millions of years ago humans and ape had a common ancestor?

Humans will always be humans because that is what we call ourselves, but perhaps hundreds of millions of years in the future if we were to look back at "humans" we would not find something we consider human, even though today we consider that thing human. The only way that humans will become two different species is if there is isolation between two populations. Only then the differences can apparent.

I do not think you will understand this post though.

Upvote 0
N

nhisname

The question is why would an omnipotent being create anything with similar coding? He is omnipotent. For humans we use similar programs because it is easier for use to make, an omnipotent being has no such drawbacks.
So God made birds and crocodiles share similar DNA why?

We share similar dna because we are made up of the same elemets from the earth.

Upvote 0
N

nhisname

we share a common ancestor with every other living creature on the planet, it just depends how far back in time you go. Do you really think a human can carry an ape child because at one point millions of years ago humans and ape had a common ancestor?

Humans will always be humans because that is what we call ourselves, but perhaps hundreds of millions of years in the future if we were to look back at "humans" we would not find something we consider human, even though today we consider that thing human. The only way that humans will become two different species is if there is isolation between two populations. Only then the differences can apparent.

But if our dna's are similar why couldn't it be possible? Has it been tried?

Upvote 0
N

nhisname

If you don't have any history or records to back this up how can you possibly be sure?

Upvote 0
N

nhisname

good point. On top that why would he place fossils in rock which date at a very old age and through varies methodologies appear to have a common ancestor which existed long ago.

I found a piece of wood that had gotten hard and rock like, is that like a fossil or does it need to be in the ground to fossilize. Also how long does it take for something to fossilze?

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
If evolution is correct why are we made so different. If we all started from the same thing would't we all be the same, same dna, think the same. When and how do we become different with our own dna?
Yes. Same DNA for all life. It is the configuration of that DNA that makes us who we are. The fossil record shows from simple life to complex. ToE is simply, descent with modification, by means of non-accidental, non-random sexual/natural selection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
N

nhisname

Compassion comes from the human ability to empathize, to put ourselves in other people's shoes. We treat others how we want to be treated. I don't see how this requires a deity. Care to explain?

I'll try my best. If we evolved from something with no source of intelligence were did we get our basic human needs met from ?? Aren't things learned and taught by our parents? Who taught them? Same thing with animals.

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
I'll try my best. If we evolved from something with no source of intelligence were did we get our basic human needs met from ?? Aren't things learned and taught by our parents? Who taught them? Same thing with animals.
Yes. Progeny are taught how to survive by their parents. This is observed thoughout the animal kingdom (including humans).

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you don't have any history or records to back this up how can you possibly be sure?

The methods to determine determine if evolution is true are also the methods used in forensics when there are no witness'. Saying you don't trust the science is also saying you don't trust the science of forensics.

If i see footprints in the sand, Is it logical for me to assume a person was once walking in the same. I don't have any historical records to show that they did, but i still have evidence of such events.

Physical evidence is sometimes more reliable then historical accounts. In court cases forensics is valued much higher then witnesses.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
We share similar dna because we are made up of the same elemets from the earth.

well we are all mostly carban based life forms, its the sequence of the dna that makes us similar, not just its elements. ERVs show definitive irresistible evidence that we share a common ancestor with chimps.

I hate to just post a link but its rather complicated. If want later i can give you the run down on ERVs

EvC Forum: ERV's: Evidence of Common Ancestory

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
But if our dna's are similar why couldn't it be possible? Has it been tried?
do you want science to try? how similar does dna need to be in order for it to be able to have offspring?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I found a piece of wood that had gotten hard and rock like, is that like a fossil or does it need to be in the ground to fossilize. Also how long does it take for something to fossilze?

well the wood needs to undergo conditions that would allow the wood to be removed and replaced with minerals. A lot of times this can happen when it is barred. so for the most part yes. your second question is no defined answer as it is the conditions in which is was preserved that determine the time it takes to be fossilized.

99.999% of wood does not become fossilized.

Upvote 0

TheOutsider

Pope Iason Ouabache the Obscure
Dec 29, 2006
Indiana
✟11,428.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
No I am not, give me the evidence........did a virus change into a bacteria?
Did evolution come to the conclusion that it has to stop? By know science should be able to find a viable animal still in the evolution proses of changing from one type of animal to another.....
Wow.... :o

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.