Evolution Experiment: Creationists, Choose their Fate!

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
descent with modification is evolution.

Evolution is the Godless changing of the Truth into changeable Science. This is common for those who wish to deceive. They take part of the truth, add to the truth, such as the false ToE which assumes that Humans evolved from Apes and then teach it as the scientific Truth. Woe to those who deceive our children.

For a very long time, people did not recognize that populations of organisms did change, even in minor ways, over time. Evolution is a word that literally means "change over time", so once people did recognize that populations don't remain exactly the same forever, it made sense to call the process "evolution of living things". Heck, use of the term "evolution" as a generic term for changes over time dates back to the ancient Greeks. A single word designation makes more sense than calling it "descent with modifications", and even when the longer phrase was more common, the changes conceptualized for populations over time exceeded that which most creationists would be comfortable with.

Why not teach the Truth that Godless people who reject Scripture are offering alternate facts such as that evolution is the truth and God's Truth is not true for atheists, since they prefer to believe the world instead of God?

• Haha
Reactions: Jjmcubbin
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Evolution is the Godless changing of the Truth into changeable Science. This is common for those who wish to deceive. They take part of the truth, add to the truth, such as the false ToE which assumes that Humans evolved from Apes and then teach it as the scientific Truth. Woe to those who deceive our children.

Why not teach the Truth that Godless people who reject Scripture are offering alternate facts such as that evolution is the truth and God's Truth is not true for atheists, since they prefer to believe the world instead of God?
-_- please stop derailing my evolution experiment thread. Experiments are meant to test theories and hypotheses, so you shouldn't have any issue with evolution being tested.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Observation 9: The two remaining alive individuals from the F1 generation have lived more than a week longer than all other individuals. Given that I transferred all hatched individuals out of the hatching jar on the 4th day after hatching began, this means they must have actually lived longer than all of the others, which all died within 3 days of each other. I hypothesize that, since I exposed them to the high end of their temperature range to increase the rate of growth and speed of the life cycle, these two may have genes for heat resistance. It will be interesting to see, as the experiment goes on, if more and more individuals keep popping up that live longer than normal in these conditions.

Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The last of the F1 generation has perished. Now for the fun to really start, go experimental generation 1!

To save on time, from this point on all individuals will be moved to the "reject" tank once they have a week of laying eggs. The first eggs laid are the most viable anyways. This way, that pesky heat resistance won't reduce me to only having 12 generations a year. It really amazes me, those two individuals lived 2 weeks longer than any of the other ones.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
An interesting development has occurred over the course of this evolution experiment. Yes, it is ongoing, it is just that my grandmother keeps throwing the dead bodies away, making it difficult to take pictures of each generation :( . A picture will follow (I'll post it when I get home), which depicts an individual which is at least 5 cm in length (I wish I could have held the tape measure and camera at the same time, but alas, I have small, weak hands). What makes this interesting? The species I am using for this experiment usually doesn't get any longer than 4 cm. Less than 10 generations in, and I am already seeing a big change. People, don't act like a 25% increase in size from what normally occurs in the species is anything to scoff at (range for length is 1-4 cm in literature). Considering that the F1 generation had an average length of about 3 cm, it's all the more interesting to me that I got one so large. Especially considering that it belonged to the largest experimental generation yet, thus was more cramped for space. None of the conditions have changed, I am feeding them the same food, etc. This one wasn't even the last to die. Considering that Triops generally end up smaller than they can actually get when they grow up in a tank, who knows how big this one would have gotten in a pond.

Here's the picture
35HSFUU.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Unfortunately, due to an incident in regards to osmotic pressure, a bunch of experimental generation 8 have died prematurely. Darn it, I was hoping to see if any giants were born this time. However, an opportunity came with it: comparing tail lengths between many individuals at once. Unfortunately, my measuring tape seems to have wandered off (immense internal anger continues on my part for that), but despite this handicap, the results are rather drastic, and I was lucky in that one of the control group members also died on the same day:
WE8CV6g.png

I was able to collect eggs from these guys, which is great. I did notice that this generation in particular had some pretty adept swimmers.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to hatch any additional eggs until I move out of my grandmother's house. She hates the things too much to tolerate their presence any longer :/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, due to an incident in regards to osmotic pressure, a bunch of experimental generation 8 have died prematurely. Darn it, I was hoping to see if any giants were born this time. However, an opportunity came with it: comparing tail lengths between many individuals at once. Unfortunately, my measuring tape seems to have wandered off (immense internal anger continues on my part for that), but despite this handicap, the results are rather drastic, and I was lucky in that one of the control group members also died on the same day:
WE8CV6g.png

I was able to collect eggs from these guys, which is great. I did notice that this generation in particular had some pretty adept swimmers.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to hatch any additional eggs until I move out of my grandmother's house. She hates the things too much to tolerate their presence any longer :/

Would they make good fish bait?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Would they make good fish bait?
I would have to say no, given how less efficient it is to keep large numbers of them versus large numbers of, say, earthworms, and that I don't think that they'd stay wiggling for long after you put a hook through them. However, I bet they would make for a great occasional treat for a pet freshwater turtle, since crustaceans are listed as something many species eat. I wouldn't assume that they alone would provide all the nutrients they need, though.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
In all honesty, I'm glad I don't have to worry about mating habits that could be confused for them attacking each other and that if it comes down to it, I only need one survivor in each population to keep the experiment going. I also don't have to worry about traits being gender specific.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

FormerAtheist

Apr 9, 2018
asheville
✟19,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you a creationist? Are you skeptical of the theory of evolution? Do you think it has never been observed and all the experiments and observations are either interpreted incorrectly or are the product of a global conspiracy? Well, now's your chance to be involved in an evolution experiment yourself!

The experimental subjects are Triops, little crustaceans that have generation times of less than a month.

634px-triops-longicaudatus-dorsal-ventral-edit.jpg

"But Sarah, I don't want to take care of any gross looking vermin". No worries, I'm going to take care of these guys for you.

"But Sarah, I actually do want some Triops and to do the experiment directly with my own hands". No problem, Triops are very easy to care for, and the great part about experiments is that they are repeatable. So, as long as you do what I do, you'll get results!

"So Sarah, exactly how are we involved in the experiment?" An excellent question. What you'll be doing is acting as "natural selection". You decide what traits should "improve survival", and which ones won't. This will be determined by vote: make a post with the 2 traits you want our experimental population to develop, and I'll change the conditions to those which would result in that trait being favored gradually enough that we don't just kill off the whole population.

Here are the traits you can select, and be sure not to pick contradictory ones!
Longer tails
Shorter tails
Wide bodies
Narrow bodies
More color
Less color

"But Sarah, they'll still be Triops, and that's not evolution". I'm not going to argue about what evolution is with anyone in this particular thread; however, this experiment will continue until the experimental population and the control population are recognizably distinct from each other, or when the control population and the experimental population can no longer interbreed. "How long do you think that'd take, Sarah?" Years; I'm prepared to continue this experiment for a decade, posting the current progress every month on this site. This is probably going to be an aspect of my master's thesis.

"Sarah, are any Triops going to be killed because they don't have the traits we asked for?" Nope, the ones that don't exhibit the traits are put into a third tank. They can't be put into the control tank, though, because that'd likely skew the gene pool of that population to favor the opposite qualities of the experimental tank, which would make the results in the experimental tank seem more drastic than they really were. However, in case the control tank does have some genetic anomalies, I am going to carefully measure members of the first 2 generations to make sure the original average bodies are recorded.

So, any creationists want to have some fun with evolution?

Again I will ask you here then to make sure you don't run away from my question. I know this is one you have never been asked. Never had to face.

Why don't Atheists Evolve?

Why don't you pass on your genes?

Why do you commit suicide?

Why do you de-evolve down to the lowest common denominator? Why go down to base level? Why lead us down? Why is your higher purpose on the level on animal when the religious have a deeper meaning, purpose and reflect that in the fact they are willing to evolve by passing on their genes and not off them selves?

You don't see the irony?

Upvote 0

FormerAtheist

Apr 9, 2018
asheville
✟19,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Again I will ask you here then to make sure you don't run away from my question. I know this is one you have never been asked. Never had to face.

Why don't Atheists Evolve?

Why don't you pass on your genes?

Why do you commit suicide?

Why do you de-evolve down to the lowest common denominator? Why go down to base level? Why lead us down? Why is your higher purpose on the level on animal when the religious have a deeper meaning, purpose and reflect that in the fact they are willing to evolve by passing on their genes and not off them selves?

You don't see the irony?

By the way I do realize that I can be abrasive. And that is why I am completely alone on this forum. And when it comes to my beliefs and views on these matters. I shoot straight. Maybe too straight. Its a weakness. Sometimes can't help it. In the music industry I learned to keep my mouth shut. No one wants to hear my views on anything other then how do you put a cool hook or chord on this verse or that chorus. Or a certain rhythm or feel. Or ... want to spice it up how do you feel about a particular cheese on a hamburger.

Mmmm all tasty stuff.

When you really put your ideas out there ... its batton down the hatches and hold fast. Just man your little bit of real estate and hope for the best.

Always.

On your own.

Upvote 0