• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Evil movies?

brilander

Sep 21, 2005
Royal Oak, MI
✟15,147.00
Faith
Catholic
Okay, so my girlfriend the other night was like, "you know what we should really do? watch scary movies in the dark." and then eventually, somehow I guessed she wants me to watch the Exorcist.

Unfortunantly, I get scared really easily. And not only that, but I believe that movie is evil. I'm even afraid to think about watching it.

Would it be okay to?

DerekDRPLVR

Aug 29, 2005
Traverse City Michigan
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
first of all be a man ( shouldnt be scared of a lil ole movie ) after all linda blair was really nice looking and good actress. Second of all ( rent little niki ) May be too much of a movie for you still so till you deside to become a man all movies g rated + will be scary for you.

Upvote 0

U R my Sonshine

I have a baguette, and I am not afraid to use it.
Apr 7, 2005
✟9,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Skinster007 said:
It has nothing to do with being a man but everything to do with being holy. Why would you want to put that kind of garbage in your spirit anyway? Now i'll agree that as christians we shouldn't be afraid of demons. But we don't neet to watch them on tv blaspheming Christ.
Yeah! What he (Skinster) said!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

bethdinsmore

Veteran
Jun 21, 2005
Hawaii
Visit site
✟17,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God says we are to be innocent in what concerns evil. That's why I don't even watch CSI or things like that.

And the occult world is nothing to get involved with - even seeing it. As an atheist, I played the Ouija Board once, thinking it was just a game, and was demon oppressed for years. Thankfully, God delivered me.

Satan doesn't care if we think he is fascinating or silly or all-powerful or doesn't even exist. He just doesn't want us to remember that he is a destroyer of lives, and has cunning craftiness to bring that about.

And to me, a man is a person who is godly and who stands up for his beliefs. I can see that is what you are seeking to do.

God bless you, friend. Aloha in Jesus

Upvote 0
A

Anti Existance

Oh boy when i went into this thread i was going to say something like ' look even if you would watch the exorsist its not a problem ' but now that you mention it is the exorsist ,well let me redifine. Watching a movie of any kind is not a sin, if you hurt someone elses feelings, that is a sin. I watched them all and it has only made my belief in God stronger, even the exorsist which was a really cool movie did not affect that , dunno why a previous poster said it was a terrible movie, i think it was boring compared to childsplay http://www.popcorn.dk/images/nyt014.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KrimsonDraegon

Jan 17, 2005
Earth
✟9,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You know, I came up with an idea a while ago.

I love horror movies. Love 'em. I love to be frightened (not easy for me, I don't scare easily, ironic, non?)

I got tired of going into block-buster and picking up these great looking movies, and when I get them home the chapter's name (I use DVD's, for those VHS'ers out there) will be like "Calling upon Satan," "A Demonic Possession," "Praise the beast" (actual names from actual movie chapters, check "Dead above Ground" for good ones). I will not watch movies like that. It's not that I have a problem with Satan, or Demons. God grants us power over them. I have a problem with them disgracing God in these movies.

Then it hit me.

Jews know which foods are kosher when they go to the supermarket because the packaging has a star of David and a small 'K' on it. Why don't Christians do the same thing with movies? Next to the rating (G, PG, PG-13, R) we'll have a fish symbol (<><). This means that it is ok for a Christian to watch. We could even make it more advanced if the idea caught on. We could post how many times God's name is used in vain, the level of blashphemy, whether or not it is based on pagan beliefs (I know it sounds stupid, but I know Christians who will not watch the "Little Mermaid" because it's based on the Pagan belief of Mermaids).

What do you guys think?

Upvote 0

bethdinsmore

Veteran
Jun 21, 2005
Hawaii
Visit site
✟17,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I'd like to make it easier, esp. now that PG-13 often has nudity.

Another guide is at www.christiananswers.net/spotlight/home.html It gives moral ratings for each movie, and then explains them, as well as reviews. 'Course that's hard to use in a video store. :)

Aloha in Jesus

Upvote 0

rbs70

Mar 22, 2005
Indiana Pa
✟301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What did you mean demon oppressed? I never heard of that. As for movies. I dont like movies like that, I have seen it a couple of times it never scared me. I didnt like the ring(some parts of it did). I belive that we as Christains are protected from demons controling us, but with satanic movies what stops satan or his demons from mixing confusing messages into movies. Satan can talk to you during the movie and change your heart through lies one tv. Movies like Dogma and Little Niki are funny on the outside but really look at them Dogma twisted facts that could get someone really thinking about what they beleve(God's a woman... Jesus was black) I liked the movie it was funny. Little Niki made hell a fun place. Tv is what you make it. its like what yoda said "Once you start down the dark path forever will it dominate you". What he was saying is that the more you are exposed to evil the more satan has to attack you with. The more open you are to the world the more polluted your mind and heart will become. I used to like watching documentarys about the Bible and Jesus on the history or discovery channels but the more I watched the more half truths I was seeing and some out right lies against the Bible.

Be carefull little eyes what you see.

Upvote 0

thepianist

Sep 6, 2005
✟5,574.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:eek: Trust me, dear, you don't WANT to see that movie! People call that entertainment......those people have a serious problem. I watched that one when I was in my early teens. I was scared to death....it was almost a fear so thick you could see it.

My daddy must have talked to me for at least an hour after it was over - just trying to make me see that Jesus had control of my life. He was an evangelist - I always respected his role in life and trusted him, too. After all - he was daddy too! (He passed away 7 years ago.)

I will tell you this. That night, after watching that awful movie, I couldn't sleep, duh. I couldn't do anything really. I found myself flipping through my Bible, what better place to go. My favorite verse is what I found. Psalm 4:8 "I will both lay me down in peace and sleep, for thou Lord only makest me dwell in safety." That is the only way I was able to relax - at all - that night.

Stand your ground....don't waste your time watching it.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums