"Evil is a reality": Two U.S. Priests explain increase in diabolical activity, requests for exorcism

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Fifty just in the US?! That's crazy!

It isn't a major surprise though. So many TV shows and movies show dark forces as so benign as to be harmless so it seems logical that there will be more infestations and whatnot going on.

Those comments remind me a lot of what Adam Blai, a layman demonologist who assists priests with exorcisms, says about the nature of exorcisms and the "rules" involved in getting dark forces out.

In one sense, this is a kind of interesting subject. But at the same time, it's only interesting from afar; I don't think I need to learn anything from first hand experience when it comes to this. :D

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
On July 5, 2015, I saw an episode of an ABC food show called The Chew, and I was shocked at how openly satanic it seemed.

The pre-show narration said, "But if it's savory sins that your heart truly desires, well our boys at the...snack shack have you covered. And if three's a crowd (at this point a guy on a bus shouts out "Who's with me?") then 50 Long Island moms crashing The Chew is a party."

Then the host kicked the show off by saying, "Sin is in."

Then, in what seemed like a mockery of the sacrament of confession, the host invited people in the audience to confess their secret sins. The first one confessed that she had lied by calling in sick to be on the show. Then one of them confessed to feeding a catfood sandwich to someone they were angry with and then another audience member confessed to fornicating with someone. At this, everyone laughed and applauded. :sick:

The episode was called "Sinful Snacks" and was posted on YouTube by someone, but it was quickly taken down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Like it says in this part of the article, people have rejected God in favor of the occult. And the result is demonic infestation:
"...pagan activities could include séances, and mediums; reading Tarot cards; casting spells and curses through witches and warlocks, and worshipping Satan and other demons.

Both Fathers Lampert and Thomas believe that such activities are in full force in the US."

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
There is currently a thread on one of the Theology Boards where the OP claims that most mental disorders are caused by demonic possession (or oppression). I think that such a thesis is going overboard myself. What do the rest of you think?

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Fr. Spitzer was just talking about this on his show. He said that all psychological disorders must be ruled out before an exorcism can be performed. So, the belief must be that some mental illnesses are biologically caused and some are caused by demonic oppression.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There is currently a thread on one of the Theology Boards where the OP claims that most mental disorders are caused by demonic possession (or oppression). I think that such a thesis is going overboard myself. What do the rest of you think?

way over the top

but the two can go together
demons might attack those who already suffer from mental illness

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2008
✟14,124.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
An interview from the churches leading exorcist Father Gabriel Amorth (who just recently died). Of the thousands of patients he has seen only a hundred or so have been true possession. He also said that you must go to the doctor first before you go to an exorcist. http://www.boston-catholic-journal....iele-amorth-the-church's-leading-exorcist.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Extremely over the top. I've heard estimates that say that at most 1 in 10 claims of possession or other dark activity truly are demonic in nature; the rest mostly have a rational, scientific, psychological or medical explanation behind them.

I find that easy to believe as not every (or even most) Marian apparition is legitimate; they mostly have benign explanations to them combined with wishful thinking.

If people are usually mistaken about apparitions/appearances, it makes sense they're probably almost equally wrong about dark forces too.

Upvote 0