1W7

Oct 13, 2016
Florida
✟28,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of my main considerations is a candidate's position on marriage and since I have read things about him such as what I have below, I will not vote for him.

"'As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I believe in traditional marriage between a man and a woman, but I respect the decision of the Court, and I think it's time to move on,' McMullin said, echoing moderate Republican presidential hopefuls." (emphasis mine)

"When Halperin asked if a President McMullin would appoint Supreme Court justices who would overturn the case nullifying state marriage protection laws nationwide, Obergefell v. Hodges, he replied, 'I wouldn't.'"

(from article, https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/i...date-evan-mcmullin-says-its-time-to-move-on-f)

If I was going to vote for a third party candidate, I would vote for Tom Hoefling -http://www.tomhoefling.com/, and I had planned to vote for him. However, I know that the chances of him winning are remote (if at all). After thinking about it more, I think I am going to vote for Donald Trump, as he is the only candidate that has a realistic chance of keeping Hillary Clinton from being elected.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You do realize he is a Mormon, don't y'all? Has it finally come down to that, choosing between THREE fake Christian candidates for our president, instead of just two??

Yes. He's Mormon. But, is that alone reason enough to oppose him? I'd rather vote for a Mormon with integrity than a "Christian" with none?

• Agree
Reactions: Sojourner1
Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. He's Mormon. But, is that alone reason enough to oppose him? I'd rather vote for a Mormon with integrity than a "Christian" with none?
Its an integral part of a Mormon's faith to obey without question their current LDS "prophet", above anyone and anything else. That includes our nation. The LDS is about to have a "prophet" change in the very near future. (Their current one has Dementia.) Let's hope the next one is a say-and-do-nothing like Thomas Monson was. Let's hope.

As a former Mormon? That's more than sufficient to oppose anyone in a non-Christian religion posing as a Christian, regardless of any intact integrity or morals. Keep in mind mormonism believes that ALL of Christianity is an "apostate" religion from the truth. Only the LDS has the "full" truth of God to them. In other words, you can't even demand by law a Mormon not do as they are instructed by their church first. To accept anything less is to sacrifice Christianity on their altar for the sake of political convenience. But then I guess it depends upon what you are willing to give up for the sake of political "integrity". Reason? Jesus Christ? Your choice. Not mine.

Upvote 0