Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
European diplomats here promised "robust" action from the European Union on Iran and said the EU will enact its own sanctions if the UN Security Council approves a weak third resolution, despite a US intelligence report saying [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Iran[/FONT][/FONT][/color][/color] halted its nuclear weapons program four years ago.

Emissaries from Britain, France and Germany, speaking at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy Thursday, said the intelligence assessment would do virtually nothing to change European policy toward Iran and that the EU would soon be indicating continued commitment to preventing a nuclear Iran.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1196847336434&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

I don't know what to think about this. If Iran truly stopped working towards making a nuclear weapon then why should we sanction them? However, if Israel's intelligence is correct in that they resumed making a nuclear weapon in 2005 then by all means sanction them.

I know some people will say to leave Iran alone because the United States, Israel, and other nations have nuclear weapons so why shouldn't Iran have them as well. Well, my answer is that Iran can't be trusted. The United States and Israel is not likely to go dropping a nuke on some country any time soon in my opinion. Iran, on the other hand, is likely to do that.