Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship

-
This thread is just an expansion of this verse, and this verse is the reason that a believer gets more light from God, or not.
Hebrews 13:9....""" For it is a good thing that the heart be established with GRACE""
See, the reason is.....Its "Grace" that establishes you to be God's child.
God's Grace is the reason for Jesus The Christ dying on a Cross.
God's Grace is why Jesus The Christ was nailed and died so that you dont have to be judged in a lake of fire for your sins after you die.
That is what God's Grace, freely given, has done for YOU.
And to "grow in Grace" is what YOU are told to be doing till you meet Jesus.
So, if you have not mastered "Grace",... what is is, why it is, and what it does,.. then, do so., as to deeply resolve the fact of God's Grace in your own heart is the very oil that God uses to light the anointed lamp within you to show you more of His revelation and knowledge.
This is a fact.
And its also a fact that to master the understanding of this God Given Gift, you have to study Paul's epistles a whole lot.
As its Paul who was personally given by Jesus himself, the "revelation of the Grace of God".
No other Apostle.
-----------------

---------------------

There are.....
Many false reasons a person comes to a conclusion that they can lose their salvation,... so many things can be involved in their head, dianegcook.
It can be that 3 verses in Hebrews, that are spoken to Hebrews, conflict with 8 Full Epistles of Paul that teach otherwise to the Body of Christ..... yet the person holds on to 3 or 4 Hebrews "lose it" verses and ignores 7 or 8 full epistles of Paul spoken to the Body of Christ.
One thing about "rightly dividing the word" is that when you have 456 NT verses that all agree and 5 others that seemingly contradict those 456 that all agree, then choose wisely the 456:)
Some dont choose wisely....

So, It could be that a person's denomination teaches "losing your salvation" as a doctrine.
Maybe their mama told them they can "lose it".
It can be that a believer is so full of guilty condemnation because they are overwhelmed by their own sinning....and then the devil or his own on speaks to them and says....."how can you be saved now, look at all you've done, are doing, and you knew it was SIN, and you kept on doing it and doing it and doing it for YEARS and you knew it was SIN!!".
And they agree with the Devil, as Satanic condemnation is very very intense.
It is an actual fact that a person can feel lost and that they are going to hell, when in fact they are saved and going to heaven.
Now....Setting all those aside as a just few reasons, there is a main reason that someone believes that they can "lose it".
And that is, they dont believe that Jesus can "keep it".
Thats their issue., their main issue.
They read a verse that says that "Jesus is the author and <><finisher<>< of our Faith", and they DONT accept that this truth is the truth..... Hebrews 12:2
In other words, they have not been taught that the Blood Atonement is an eternal atonement, or that Jesus keeps them saved and that they dont do it for themselves.
C'mon...can you save yourself without the Blood and the Cross?.....but some will believe that they can keep themselves saved?.....This is throwing not only the Truth under the bus, but Logic right out of the window.
They have not been taught by a Teacher who can rightly divide the word, who can explain to them the truth about the Blood Of Christ and its eternally redeeming power.
Spiritual Teachers teach, God reveals.
Spiritual Teachers show the truth, but God turns on the Light of Revelation.
So, many of the "lose it" crowd...have absolutely not understood, or perhaps never have even read...or were taught.. these verses (Paul)

Romans 3:21-28
Romans 4:8
Hebrews 8:12

These people, these, "i can lose it" believers, have not been taught that Eternal Life, IS JESUS CHRIST.
He IS eternal life, and its not just some obscure obtuse definition of time.
But rather Jesus Himself, IS, Eternal Life.....and JESUS LIVES IN US.
So, that means, Eternal Life is within us, "Christ in you, the hope of Glory"" and the bible says that we the believers have become "bone of Jesus's bones, and flesh of Jesus's flesh".....we are "In Christ" who IS ETERNAL LIFE.
So, this is not going to change just because of a mindset or a horrible lifestyle or by what we say.
You cant get rid of The Lord Jesus The Christ in you, by what you do with your mind or your body or your mouth.
Not going to happen.

Listen, just before Jesus went to the Cross, he prayed "if possible Father, let this cup of judgment pass from me".
Yet, had he said instead...."i dont think i will do it".....then, He is still Jesus...He is still "God manifested in the Flesh"...He is still the Son of God BY BIRTH and not because of His DEEDS in the body or thoughts or speech.
See it?
Very important....

This next verse....is very important also when trying to understand Salvation as eternal, as it eliminates the main mistake that the "lose it" believers make in their salvation theology, and that is, that they are by some personal effort or work, trying to keep themselves saved.

Hebrews 9:12....but through HIS own BLOOD Jesus entered the holy place once and for all, > Having Obtained < = Eternal Redemption.
Now, do you see those 4?
Blood, Jesus, Having Obtained, Eternal Redemption...
Is that you keeping yourself saved, or is that JESUS keeping you saved by ETERNAL REDEMPTION ??
Notice the length of time that redemption lasts for the SAVED BELIEVER?
"Eternal".
So, that is how long, and why, and by who.....a person is saved... and that is why John 14:6 tells you that "Jesus is THE WAY", as there is no other WAY to be saved and kept saved, for eternity, then by the very ONE who is himself, Eternal LIFE.
This is why i always ask a believer... "IF you died today, WHAT are you TRUSTING to get you to heaven".
There is only one answer, and its not...."faith", and its not "commandment keeping or good works, or communion, or anything else".
Its JESUS. !!
He is the only Way to be saved, and stay saved.

DeepWater

Just The Truth
Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Have you met Jesus yet?
-
I meet him every time i give Him praise and worship.
Ive met him every time i had to have an answer and i was shown the solution.
I meet Him every time i read the the bible as He and His words are ONE.
It was His blood that saved me, and from that instant Jesus came to live within me.
That was quite a meeting.

How about you, FN, have you met Him yet?

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
-
I meet him every time i give Him praise and worship.
Ive met him every time i had to have an answer and i was shown the solution.
I meet Him every time i read the the bible as He and His words are ONE.
It was His blood that saved me, and from that instant Jesus came to live within me.
That was quite a meeting.

How about you, FN, have you met Him yet?

John met Jesus, and told us about it.

1 John 1:1
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

Perhaps you can tell us about your meeting.

Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Romans 8 has an answer, to the question are you safe with God, saved?
Or are you relying on works, doing good things, trying to live that holy life...and maybe failing the test.

15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”

16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

Do you know Him, know Christ, and does He know you... If you do not know on the inside that you are His, then you must be living a tortured life of wondering about sin, salvation, God and Christ and having eternal life never to perish.

Christ reveals the Godhead, Father, Son and Holy Spirit to a person by direct revelation to a person, but only to whom have been born of God can know and discern the true spiritual things of God. For unless you are born of the Spirit, born again, born from above, you cannot see the kingdom of God or enter into the kingdom of God. This is one of the things Christ rejoices in about how we know Him. It is also absolute and certain in that all to whom He reveals God, know God and Christ and the Holy Spirit.
And it is not of the will of the creature that they know God, even those that desire to see and know God, may not see and know God except that Christ reveals themselves to you.
Luke 10
Jesus Rejoices in the Spirit
21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.22 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

23 Then He turned to His disciples and said privately, “Blessed are the eyes which see the things you see; 24 for I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see what you see, and have not seen it, and to hear what you hear, and have not heard it.

Matthew 11
Jesus Gives True Rest
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. 26 Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.27 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Even while saying that, Christ also beckons all who labor and are heavy laden to take their rest in Him.
It is truly wonderful that He says this, as it shows those who do respond to Christ's invitation are those to whom Christ is revealing the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You do not come to Christ on your own will, you come to Christ because it is their will that you believe in the Son.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
-
This thread is just an expansion of this verse, and this verse is the reason that a believer gets more light from God, or not.
Hebrews 13:9....""" For it is a good thing that the heart be established with GRACE""
See, the reason is.....Its "Grace" that establishes you to be God's child.
God's Grace is the reason for Jesus The Christ dying on a Cross.
God's Grace is why Jesus The Christ was nailed and died so that you dont have to be judged in a lake of fire for your sins after you die.
That is what God's Grace, freely given, has done for YOU.
And to "grow in Grace" is what YOU are told to be doing till you meet Jesus.
So, if you have not mastered "Grace",...

What does the GRACE of GOD teach us?

11 "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live sensibly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;"
(Titus 2:12).

Paul says he labored more abundantly than all his brethren, but it was not himself alone that was making him to labor, but it was the GRACE of GOD that was within Him (1 Corinthians 15:10). It was Jesus. Who is our GRACE of GOD. It was GRACE that was able to make Paul also labor for God.

For when you read Hebrews 13, you also have to read Hebrews 12:14 that says
"Follow ... holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord"

You also have read Hebrews 10:26 and Hebrews 10:28-29 that says,

26 "For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,
28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much worse punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, with which he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done insult unto the Spirit of grace?"

deepwater said:
"Grace",.... what is is, why it is, and what it does,..
Grace is unmerited favor based on our seeking God's forgiveness. But if one just goes right back to transgressing against God then they are not truly sorry about their sin and God's unmerited favor of grace will have no effect upon them.

Let me give you a real world example: Let's say Bob cheats on his wife Sarah, and she finds out. Would Bob be truly sorry and have any hope for their relationship to be normal again if Bob told her that he was sorry to her but he was just going to keep cheating on her? No. There has to be a point where Bob breaks down over his sin with her so that the healing process can begin whereby they can trust each other as a faithful couple again. It is no different with God. If one is being unfaithul with God by them sinning all the time, they are saying they love their sin more than God. This is why Jesus says, "If you love me, keep my Commandments." Do you love Jesus? Then keep His Commandments as He said. Jesus said you are my friends if you do what I command. Are you a friend of Jesus?

As for what Grace does?

Again, Titus 2:11-12 says the Grace of God teachs us to deny ungodliness.
That is what Grace does to a person.
It also helps us to labor and work a lot, too. This is what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:10.

deepwater said:
then, do so., as to deeply resolve the fact of God's Grace in your own heart is the very oil that God uses to light the anointed lamp within you to show you more of His revelation and knowledge.
This is a fact.
And its also a fact that to master the understanding of this God Given Gift,
Jesus is the Light of the World. We only have light because Jesus IS that light; And if Christ truly abides in you, then good fruit and not bad fruit will be evident within your life. For Jesus says you will know false prophets by their fruit. For how does light help people? Well, light can help people from stumbling in the dark and falling down. So how can one be in darkness or sin and yet also in the light? For what fellowship does light have with darkness?

19 "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."
(John 3:19-21).

deepwater said:
you have to study Paul's epistles a whole lot.
As its Paul who was personally given by Jesus himself, the "revelation of the Grace of God".
No other Apostle.

Paul says, "
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing," (1 Timothy 6:3-4).

This means Paul said if anyone teaches contrary to the words of Jesus and the doctrine of Godliness, they are proud and they know nothing.
What does James say about the proud?

"God resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble." (James 4:6).

deepwater said:
There are.....
Many false reasons a person comes to a conclusion that they can lose their salvation,... so many things can be involved in their head, dianegcook.
It can be that 3 verses in Hebrews, that are spoken to Hebrews, conflict with 8 Full Epistles of Paul that teach otherwise to the Body of Christ..... yet the person holds on to 3 or 4 Hebrews "lose it" verses and ignores 7 or 8 full epistles of Paul spoken to the Body of Christ.
One thing about "rightly dividing the word" is that when you have 456 NT verses that all agree and 5 others that seemingly contradict those 456 that all agree, then choose wisely the 456

Here is a list of verses that makes it absolutely clear that believers can fall away from the faith (that people can check out for themselves).

1 Samuel 16:14
1 Samuel 31:4
Ezekiel 18:24
Hebrews 3:12-14
Hebrews 4:11
Hebrews 6:4-9
Hebrews 10:26-30
Hebrews 12:15
1 Timothy 1:18-20
1 Timothy 4:1-7
Galatians 3:1-5
2 Peter 2:20-22
2 Peter 3:17
Matthew 13:18-23
1 Corinthians 10:12
2 Thessalonians 2:3

Now, do not misunderstand me, believers cannot lose their salvation (in the sense of like how one would misplace one's car keys), but they can forfeit their salvation (i.e. they can willingly throw it away by rebelling against God).

In fact, here is a list of believers who have forfeited their salvation:

And here is a list of potential fallen believers:

• Recent Convert Who is a Potential Spiritual Leader (1 Timothy 3:6)
  • Believers Whose Seed Fell Upon the Rocks (Luke 8:13)
  • The Potential Fellow Believer Who Erred From the Truth & Was Converted Back
    (James 5:19, 20)

deepwater said:
Some dont choose wisely....
Those who did not choose wisely are those who do not do what Jesus says. For Jesus says if a person does not do what he says he is like a fool who built his house upon the sand and when a storm came, great was the fall of their house (See Matthew 7:26-27). Jesus told those believers to depart from him because they worked iniquity (Matthew 7:23). Iniquity is sin. Jesus did not say depart from me because you did not have a "Belief Alone on me - while you minimize the importance of my Commandments and or ignore sin."

deepwater said:
So, It could be that a person's denomination teaches "losing your salvation" as a doctrine.
Maybe their mama told them they can "lose it".
Not at all. No one taught me (and many other believers) such a thing. I simply read the Bible and studied it with the help of the Spirit. In fact, the Bible clearly states the fact that a believer can forfeit their salvation in many places. In fact, one has to twist the Bible to make it say so otherwise.

deep water said:
It can be that a believer is so full of guilty condemnation because they are overwhelmed by their own sinning....and then the devil or his own on speaks to them and says....."how can you be saved now, look at all you've done, are doing, and you knew it was SIN, and you kept on doing it and doing it and doing it for YEARS and you knew it was SIN!!".
And they agree with the Devil, as Satanic condemnation is very very intense.
It is an actual fact that a person can feel lost and that they are going to hell, when in fact they are saved and going to heaven.

Actually the Bible says,

"He that committeth sin is of the devil" (1 John 3:8)

"Everyone that does evil hates the light" (John 3:20).

"He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4).

"Whosoever hates his brother is a murderer: and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." (1 John 3:15).

deepwater said:
Now....Setting all those aside as a just few reasons, there is a main reason that someone believes that they can "lose it".
And that is, they dont believe that Jesus can "keep it".
Thats their issue., their main issue.

This is because it is not a "Truth."
For the Bible does not teach it.
Real life does not teach it.
And morality or the goodness of God does not teach it.

For I challenge you to make a real world example out of Eternal Security.

But I have to forewarn you, many have tried to create one and have failed to do so.
I say this because Jesus illustrated spiritual truth by way of using real world examples. They are called Parables. In fact, even a Canaanite woman had expounded upon Jesus' parable with a parable (real world example) of her own.

deep water said:
They read a verse that says that "Jesus is the author and <><finisher<>< of our Faith", and they DONT accept that this truth is the truth..... Hebrews 12:2

I believe Hebrews 12:2 just fine. It is saying that Jesus lives within us and that He is the One who has helped us to become regenerated by the Spirit and He is the One who can do the good work within our lives in making us holy before He takes us home. For Jesus saves not only in Justification (By repenting of our sins and believing in Jesus), but Jesus saves in Sanctification (By Him doing the good work within our lives to make us holy), too.

deep water said:
In other words, they have not been taught that the Blood Atonement is an eternal atonement, or that Jesus keeps them saved and that they dont do it for themselves.
C'mon...can you save yourself without the Blood and the Cross?.....but some will believe that they can keep themselves saved?.....
This is throwing not only the Truth under the bus, but Logic right out of the window.
They have not been taught by a Teacher who can rightly divide the word, who can explain to them the truth about the Blood Of Christ and its eternally redeeming power.

Actually, how do you apply the blood of Jesus?

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin"
(1 John 1:7).

If you were to read 1 John 1:6, it is a parallel of 1 John 2:4. If you were to then read 1 John 2:3-6 as a whole you would and compare with 1 John 1:5-7, you would understand that they are saying the same thing but they are simply using slightly different words. Light = Obeying God commandments and Darkness is not keeping God's Commands. Read it for yourself and take notes on it if you do not believe me.

deep water said:
Spiritual Teachers teach, God reveals.
Spiritual Teachers show the truth, but God turns on the Light of Revelation.
So, many of the "lose it" crowd...have absolutely not understood, or perhaps never have even read...or were taught.. these verses (Paul)

Romans 3:21-28

In Romans 3:21-28, Paul is talking about coming to the faith for the first time. Paul is not talking about Sanctification. Paul is attacking the heresy of Works Alone Salvationism (Which was what the Pharisees believed). For the Pharisees were all about works and no grace before God (Which is evident if you were to read the Parable of the Pharisee and The Tax Collector - See Luke 18:9-14). Also, if you believe Romans 3:10 and Romans 3:23 is in reference to even the believer in Jesus Christ and that the believer is always sinning, then you must also conclude that the believer has no understanding and does not seek after God, too (Which is what Romans 3:11 says). Anyways, the source of your confusion on Romans 3 is that you need to read the OT reference to see who Paul was talking to (Psalms 14:1). He was talking about the Gentiles in the Old Testament. For the Gentiles were generally referred to as fools who said there is no God. Paul's point in Romans 3 was not that all are under sin and we can just be right with God with having a belief alone in Jesus. Paul's point in Romans 3 is that both Jews and Gentiles can get their hearts right with God by coming to Jesus by having faith in Him. Not just a faith in the person of Jesus Christ but having faith in everything Jesus said, taught, and commanded us, too. For if you believe in a Jesus that told you to jump off a bridge, that would be another Jesus. To eliminate the words of Jesus that say, "If you love me, keep my Commandments." is not trusting or believing in the Jesus of the Bible.

deep water said:

I will address these verses in my next post to you.

deep water said:
These people, these, "i can lose it" believers, have not been taught that Eternal Life, IS JESUS CHRIST.
He IS eternal life, and its not just some obscure obtuse definition of time.
But rather Jesus Himself, IS, Eternal Life.....and JESUS LIVES IN US.
So, that means, Eternal Life is within us, "Christ in you, the hope of Glory"" and the bible says that we the believers have become "bone of Jesus's bones, and flesh of Jesus's flesh".....we are "In Christ" who IS ETERNAL LIFE.
So, this is not going to change just because of a mindset or a horrible lifestyle or by what we say.
You cant get rid of The Lord Jesus The Christ in you, by what you do with your mind or your body or your mouth.
Not going to happen.

Jesus is the source of our life.

"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." (1 John 5:12).

"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life" (John 6:35).

"Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:" (John 14:6).

In fact, there are several passages that tell us that you cannot be out of fellowship with God and be saved.

#1. 1 John 5:12 says He that has the Son has life and He that does not have the Son does not have life. Life is associated with eternal life or salvation.

#2. John 17:3 says eternal life is in knowing the one true God, Jesus Christ. Knowing implies a fellowship. So if you don't know Jesus, then you don't have life (Salvation).

#3. Romans 8:9 says if he a man does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to him.

#4. Psalms 73:27 says God will destroy all those who abandon Him (or go a whoring from Him).

#5. John 15:6 says if a man does not abide in Him, he is cast forth and burned.

#6. 1 John 1:7 says if we walk in the Light as He is in the Light, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.

#7. Romans 11:21-22 says if you do not continue in his goodness you will be cut off. For if God spared not the natural branches (i.e. the Jews), take heed that he can do the same to you (i.e. Gentile believers). The analogy here is that you are branch and Christ is the tree. We need to continue in Christ's righteousness or goodness, not our own righteousness or goodness, or we will be cut off because of unbelief.

As for the rest of what you had written: I will address that at a later time.

In any event, may God bless you.
And please be well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Deep Water:

As for Romans 4:8: This is a reference from the Old Testament (Psalms 32:1-2). It says,

1 "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile."
(Psalms 32:1-2).​

Did you catch that?

It says that the person whose iniquity is not imputed is the spirit (the person) who has no guile or deceit (sin) within them. Is one being honest before God if they are deceitful? Can one tell others to believer or obey the Bible and yet not keep those commands themselves? No. Most assuredly not. It would make them deceitful or a hypocrite to do something like that.

Also, if you were to read the rest of the Psalm it also says,

"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin." (Psalms 32:5)​

Here we see that the Psalmist is not hiding his sins before God or believing he can sin and still be saved but the Psalmist admits and confesses his sin before God. This is what 1 John 2:1, and 1 John 1:9 tells us to do. If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. This is in context to 1 John 1:7 that tells us that we are to forsake our sins by walking in the light as He is in the light, too. For he that says he knows Him and does not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him (1 John 2:4).

We also read in Psalm 32 this, as well.

"Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart." (Psalms 32:11).​

Did you catch it? It says rejoice all who are upright in heart.

The upright in heart are those who do righteousness.

Proverbs 11 says,

19 "As righteousness tendeth to life: so he that pursueth evil pursueth it to his own death.
20 They that are of a froward heart are abomination to the LORD: but such as are upright in their way are his delight."
(Proverbs 11:19-20).

This is the same thing that 1 John 3 says.

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous," (1 John 3:7).
"He that committeth sin is of the devil;" (1 John 3:8).
"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:10).

Anyways, getting back to Romans 4: Paul is concerned with the heresy of circumcision that the Jews were pushing (Which is a work that is a part of the Old Covenant Law that no longer applies to believers under the New Covenant). For Paul says,

"What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?" (Romans 3:1).​

Paul was also concerned that they turned grace into a system of "Works Alone Salvationism" (leaving out the Savior or leaving out grace). For the Pharisees believed in Works Alone to save them and they rejected God and or the Savior for their salvation. They looked at the Scriptures as a means of eternal life but it was they that testified of Jesus who was their Savior. In the Parable of the Tax Collector, the Pharisee had wrongfully neglected to admit his own sin before God to begin with (In order to get right with God) versus (vs.) the Tax Collector who was humble enough to admit his sin. Now, confession of sin to God is not a "license to sin" anymore than believng in Jesus is a "license to sin." Confessing of sin (or admitting that you are a sinner) always went hand in hand with forsaking one's sin - which is another name for "repentance" (See Proverbs 28:13, 1 John 1:9, 1 John 1:7, 1 John 2:1, 1 John 2:3-4, and Matthew 12:41 cf. Jonah 3:6-10).

People today are confused because they do not realize that Paul was talking about the Old Law and not all Law or those Laws or Commands in the New Covenant. Not once will you ever see Paul talk against the Commands of Jesus or Commands from other followers of Christ. Obeying God's laws under the New Testament in addition to faith in Jesus Christ is not Man Directed Works Alone Salvationism because it is Christ that does the good work in you. For Jesus says you can do nothing without me (John 15:5).

However, the real problem with the most popular versions of Eternal Security (and not all versions) is that it justifies sin and ignores morality and the goodness of God. Now, I want you to stop and think for a moment. Any time you go out into public, or watch a movie, or turn on the news or read a book, how do you know the good guys from the bad guys? Is by a belief alone? No. It is by what they do. God's people are good because God is good and lives within them.

Anyways, I hope this helps.
And may God bless you.

Sincerely,

Jason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Deep Water:

As for Hebrews 8:12:

Well, when God says He will be merciful to their unrighteousness and their iniquities I will remember no more, He is talking about a believer's sins that were repented of and He is talking about minor faults or errors that will be judged and put away at the Judgment Seat of Christ (see explanation below).

First, Hebrews 8:10 says,
"I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts:" (Hebrews 8:10).

In other words, if God's laws are in our minds and hearts then that does not mean we will be living in sin, but that means we will be in obedience to God.

Second, there is no forgiveness without repentance. "Repentance" is confessing (or admitting your sin to God) and forsaking sin (Which is confirmed if you were to compare Matthew 12:41 with Jonah 3:6-10). For Jesus says that the Ninevites will rise up in Judgment against this generation because the repented at the preaching of Jonah. Now, if you were to turn to Jonah chapter 3, you would learn that the King of the Ninevites had told the people to cry out to God (admit/confess to God their sin) and turn from their evil and wicked ways (forsake sin). God had then seen that the Ninevites had turned from their wickedness and He then decided to not bring Judgment or Wrath upon them as a result.

Anyways, in Hebrews 8:10-13, God's says He will make a new covenant with the house of Israel (i.e. The Inward Jew and not the outward Jew). In other words, this New Covenant will be made with all people and they will be one (Where there will be neither Jew or Greek). Seeing God will not remember their iniquities no more, Hebrews 8:10-13 is speaking about a time of under the New Covenant that is far in the future. This would be a time of the Eternal New Earth because believers will be judged for minor faults or errors they committed at the Judgment Seat of Christ (Which takes place prior to believers first arriving on the Eternal New Earth). These faults that believer's will be judged for will not be serious sins like murder, theft, lying, hating, and drunkeness, etc. They will be minor faults like not being baptized, and or for bringing forth works of hay and stubble and not serious sins as mentioned in Revelation 21:8, Galatians 5:19-21, etc.. For even just hating your brother is grounds for no eternal life abiding within a person (1 John 3:15). But the believer's sins will be remembered no more because the Judgment Seat of Christ happens sometime shortly before believers arrive on the New Earth.

So in conclusion, the Eternal New Earth will be the fulfilled promise and end goal for every true believer within the New Covenant. At this point their sins (faults) will be remembered no more.

In any event, I hope my words with the Word of God was clear for you.
May God's love shine upon you.
And may your day be good.

Sincerely,

Jason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...we are "In Christ" who IS ETERNAL LIFE.
Not going to happen.
Jesus says,

28 "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast
it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast
it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."
(Matthew 5:28-30).

"But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses" (Matthew 6:15).

36 "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."
(Matthew 12:36-37).

"Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him."
(1 John 3:15).

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8).

Also, we know for a fact that believers who commit sin will be destroyed in the Lake of Fire. It says so right in Matthew 13:41-42.

41 "The Son of man [Jesus] shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom [anyone who professes Jesus Christ] all things that offend, and them which do iniquity [sin];
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire [the Lake of Fire]: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
(Matthew 13:41-42).

Deepwater said:
Listen, just before Jesus went to the Cross, he prayed "if possible Father, let this cup of judgment pass from me".
Yet, had he said instead...."i dont think i will do it".....then, He is still Jesus...He is still "God manifested in the Flesh"...He is still the Son of God BY BIRTH and not because of His DEEDS in the body or thoughts or speech.
See it? Very important....

Just because Jesus recoiled at the cup that had all the sins of the world within it by asking the Father if there was another way does not mean Jesus was flat out rejecting the Father's will here. Jesus said He always did that which pleases the Father.

"And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him." (John 8:29).

Deepwater said:
This next verse....is very important also when trying to understand Salvation as eternal, as it eliminates the main mistake that the "lose it" believers make in their salvation theology, and that is, that they are by some personal effort or work, trying to keep themselves saved.

Hebrews 9:12....but through HIS own BLOOD Jesus entered the holy place once and for all, > Having Obtained < = Eternal Redemption.
Now, do you see those 4? Blood, Jesus, Having Obtained, Eternal Redemption...

Hebrews 9:12 is talking about when Jesus ascended to the Father (after telling Mary not to touch Him). Jesus was finishing His mission when He entered thru the Holy temple by His blood. This was how Jesus was able to become our Heavenly High Priest between God the Father and mankind. This is saying what Jesus had to accomplish in order to give the free gift of God to man (Which is received by faith). This event does not mean every single person on the planet is saved. A person has to receive the Lord's gift by faith and they have to be responsible with that gift, too. For life teaches us that gifts can be forfeited if you do not take care of them or if you are unfaithful towards them.

But again, how do you get the blood of Jesus to cleanse you of sin?

Read 1 John 1:7 again.

Deepwater said:
Is that you keeping yourself saved, or is that JESUS keeping you saved by ETERNAL REDEMPTION ??
Notice the length of time that redemption lasts for the SAVED BELIEVER?
"Eternal".

1 Timothy 6:16 says Christ alone possesses immortality. So eternal life is a property of Jesus Christ. Eternal life is not a super power or magical wish granted to you by a genie.

Deepwater said:
So, that is how long, and why, and by who.....a person is saved... and that is why John 14:6 tells you that "Jesus is THE WAY", as there is no other WAY to be saved and kept saved, for eternity, then by the very ONE who is himself, Eternal LIFE.
This is why i always ask a believer... "IF you died today, WHAT are you TRUSTING to get you to heaven".
There is only one answer, and its not...."faith", and its not "commandment keeping or good works, or communion, or anything else".
Its JESUS. !! He is the only Way to be saved, and stay saved.

Yes, Jesus is the way the truth and the life. Jesus is our salvation. But if you abide in Christ then His good work will be evident in your life. This is why Paul said you need to examine whether or not you are in the faith and if Jesus Christ is in you or not (unless you are reprobrate) (2 Corinthians 13:5). How can we know or have an assurance in knowing the Lord? The Bible says we can have an assurance in knowing the Lord if we find that we are keeping His Commandments (See 1 John 2:3). Also, faith is the vehicle by which we can access God's free gift of saving grace. Ephesians 2:8 says we are saved by grace THRU faith. No faith means you cannot access the saving grace of God. For without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6).

Anyways, I say this all in love.
And with the hope that you will pray about it (the next time you study the Scriptures).
May God's blessing be upon you.
And I am wishing nothing but good things to you in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0