Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
B

Basil the Great

My cousin converted from Catholicism to the Episcopal Church 30+ years ago and I believe he favors the proposal. Personally, I feel it is one thing to "look the other way" and allow a gay priest to become a bishop, but it is quite another thing to actually bless a homosexual union. Such an action could well get the Episcopal Church banned from the Anglican Communion.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Episcopals seem to be intent on putting the rest of the Anglican Communion in the position of having to actually take some sort of action.
I feel sorry for you all that feel painted into a corner. :crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't be so sure. Many of these 'hardcore conservative' African provinces are ordaining women

The Anglican Communion churches in parts of Africa could make a hardline Southern Baptist in Alabama seem like a liberal pansy. The AC is quite varied.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Basil the Great

I don't get this, they're doing it already... I KNOW of lots of gay Episcopalians that have been officially married in the Episcopal church, even Priests, deacons and whatever they have.

Yes, but when they do this they do not have official approval. I believe that the new policy, if adopted, would develop a liturgy for the rite of same-sex blessing or same-sex marriage, in states where such marriages are legal.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't get this, they're doing it already... I KNOW of lots of gay Episcopalians that have been officially married in the Episcopal church, even Priests, deacons and whatever they have.

Complete with the BCP marriage rites? I ask this because I saw a Turning Point episode where a gay Episcopal couple in San Francisco held a "committment ceremony" that their local priest celebrated. However, they had to re-write some of their ceremony because they were not allowed to use terms like "marriage" or "nuptial".

Reactions: FrMattCH
Upvote 0