Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In this strange and provocative saying of Jesus' from the Gospel of Luke is an important perspective for all of us: no matter how powerful it may seem, evil cannot stand; it will ultimately self destruct and be overcome by the light. No matter how awful Good Friday seemed to those first disciples, Jesys was casting out demons and bringing healing in that very act of suffering...

Continued below.
http://blog.adw.org/2016/10/encouragement-jesus-face-worldly-threats/

St_Barnabus

Secular Carmelite OCDS
Jun 6, 2008
Midwest USA
✟54,616.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My ears perked up as I heard this at mass yesterday. "Go and tell that fox," . . .
I never realized that Jesus used this type of inflammatory language referring to another person. My conscience normally would not permit me to insult anyone in this manner with my words, thinking I would displease God.

It is true that many prophets of doom are active these days, urging us to prepare for wars and disasters. My fears had suggested that I stockpile - just in case. I had prayed about this, and received assurance that, no matter what, Jesus will always take care of His sparrows, and US even more so! Stockpiling would place reliance on our own industriousness, rather than on God, who will not abandon us.

Upvote 0