I am Me ;)
Feb 10, 2004
✟12,743.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
rhemarob said:
I really don't hate the guy, I just hate his message.
ah now thats another story. :) yes the message he sends out is horrible, and his lyrics are utter rubbish.. and yes ill admit i was a fan at one stage, but God convicted me about listening to it, and i got rid of all his music from my collection.

Upvote 0

klewlis

cur tu me vexas?
Jan 27, 2004
Edmonton
Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Christian
the message he sends out is horrible?

hm... it's really hard to understand what you could mean by his message. he sings out of his own pain and anger in life. it's raw, real emotion. i think that too many christians attempt to protect themselves from those kinds of emotions, and i think that we are poorer because of it. the world outside of the church doors is in agony. even INSIDE the church doors there are people who are living horrible, destitute, agonizing lives from abuse, abandonment, addictions... you name it. this is real life, people. we can sit and be sheltered and forget about it, or we can listen to the hearts of the people around us crying out. eminem is simply one of those voices. he lived a childhood full of fear, anger, abuse, neglect and torment; and now he sings about it. this is why the kids like him--they identify with the real emotions that he conveys. it is not about a "message", it is about facing up to the horrors of a fallen, broken, aching world. how can we fault someone for using his God-given talents as an outlet for a painful life? why are we afraid to face such things?

the man may be misguided... and yes he is lost. he needs our prayers, not our hatred. where is our compassion? where is our vision for a lost world? where is the realization that he is simply expressing what so much of the world feels and can't express?

remember that Jesus hung out with those who the religious leaders considered to be the scum of the earth. it's the sick who need him--and who KNOW they need him--not those who are well.

Upvote 0

marduke

I am Me ;)
Feb 10, 2004
✟12,743.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
not all of his songs are about his life.. and its not just the lyrics, its the lifestyle he lives.. the way he portrays himself...
i have to say i dont like rap, but id rather listen to KJ-52 then eminem, atleast the lyrics have a good message, and i rekon hes as good as eminem is at rapping..

Upvote 0

klewlis

cur tu me vexas?
Jan 27, 2004
Edmonton
Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Christian
marduke said:
not all of his songs are about his life.. and its not just the lyrics, its the lifestyle he lives.. the way he portrays himself...
i have to say i dont like rap, but id rather listen to KJ-52 then eminem, atleast the lyrics have a good message, and i rekon hes as good as eminem is at rapping..

*cough*

KJ-52 is NOT talented, and is certainly not anywhere near the level of skill as someone like eminem. I can't stand listening to his stuff... it is not well done at all. I could write better raps than KJ-52 (and that's saying a lot! lol).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Western Deity

you know how it is
Feb 22, 2004
✟5,081.00
Faith
Seeker
Eminem isn't really talented- I don't understand why everybody digs his "I'll-rhyme-lots-of-random-words-quickly-and-hope-I-land-on-the-beat"...

Everybody check out his new song, "Just lose it" or "lose it" or something like that... I heard it today, and it really does prove how downhill Em is going...

Upvote 0

faithfulwarrior

Faithfully following
May 6, 2004
Australia
✟223.00
Faith
Christian
I don't hate Eminem, but I just hate his music and his negative, filthy lyrics. Listening to him is not beneficial to Christians at all, it just promotes sin! What does suicide,swearing and an all round negative attitude got to do with glorifying the Lord? I'm not here to tell fellow Christians what to listen to but I just want to encourage all those Christians out there who love Eminem to perhaps listen to better music that won't be detrimental to their walk with God. We should be filling our minds with things from above instead of filthy Eminem!

Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I saw the new video. It was quite humorous. I am not a fan of rap, but his messages are deep and I enjoy listening to a lot of his stuff. The new album seems to be off on the right foot. I laughed my way through the whole video.

Not to mention, it's a pretty decent song. Nothing over the edge.

CJ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

moonpye

Aug 30, 2004
New Jersey
✟8,052.00
Faith
Pentecostal
faithfulwarrior said:
I don't hate Eminem, but I just hate his music and his negative, filthy lyrics. Listening to him is not beneficial to Christians at all, it just promotes sin! What does suicide,swearing and an all round negative attitude got to do with glorifying the Lord? I'm not here to tell fellow Christians what to listen to but I just want to encourage all those Christians out there who love Eminem to perhaps listen to better music that won't be detrimental to their walk with God. We should be filling our minds with things from above instead of filthy Eminem!
:clap: i could not have said that better, myself!! very, very well said. The enemy is definately decieving the youth, into thinkin this guy is ok, and hes NOT!! hes needs saved and delivered all at once, AMEN? :amen: May the Lord touch this young guy, and speak to his heart, that he may come to know Jesus, as his Lord+savior, that he may forgive his mother for the past things, that have affected him, at a young age. That he may be a better role model to the young people, and a better father! rid his mind of the filth hes so filled with, In Jesus Mighty Name!!!! AMEN!!!!! :groupray: "where 2 or more are gathered! there am i, in the midst. Praise God!!

Upvote 0