Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
EGW had a way of showing up for a service and expose hidden sins be it a pastor with more than one family or someone who was embezzling from the church.
The immediate result would be the fear of God upon the congregation.
The word of knowledge is present in the prophetic writings of the OT.
God would speak in past, present and future, the prophecies would reflect that.

EGW's place is that of one holding the office of prophet for the SDA.
She would write based on past, present and future.
She would write on current and future problems facing the early movement and many of the things she wrote about are central to development of many SDA doctrines and practices that are presently being followed.

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟108,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting

I just read her main books
They send me to The Bible
They're the best commentaries I've ever read

Right now into The Acts of The Apostles (audio)

But that little book Steps To Christ
Whoa
I get something new every time I read it
and I've read it a few dozen times of late

I usually carry one in my pocket and hand it out when the opportunity strikes

I buy a couple dozen at a time
Lasts about a month

Most folks thank me
A few rejections, but that begets a conversation....

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A lot what is quoted of her is delightful, sometimes challenging (exposed religion), usually or often truthful (everything by ANYONE needs to be tested, before being accepted)....
Watchman Nee is more helpful, useful, and truthful,
and like current topic and like other 'authors' seems often interesting reading to a lot of people, potentially or actually, but just like the Bible - people "enjoy" reading and talking about, but still overall most are not willing to give up their lives to follow Jesus.

“I have told you,” replied Jesus, “and you do not believe it. What I have done in my Father’s name is sufficient to prove my claim, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep recognise my voice and I know who they are. They follow me and I give them eternal life. They will never die and no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all. And no one can tear anything out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are One.”
Watchman Nee held some non Biblical beliefs. He did not believe God made Adam and Eve perfect, sinless human beings. That foundation leads to multiple errors on his part. Ones like the Holy Spirit did not exist before Christ's incarnation and that Christ's spirit is the Holy Spirit. Scripture explicitly tells us differently.

I haven't read much further than that on his website but it is enough to put up some serious red flags. Both the Bible and Ellen White refute all such teaching.

A dedicated Christian? Yes. Error less. No.

Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nee is/was more likely truthful than anyone on this forum can ever be.
Is that really true? How can you know people's hearts to that depth? Only God can read the heart.

Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0