JuJube

Dec 27, 2006
Corpus Christi Texas
✟16,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Both my sisiter and I are products of what can happen when science gets involved...of course it was for the good of all. We both ended up infertile due to hormones taken by our mom so that she could carry us without having anothert miscarrigage. My sister opted to adopt and me....well not finding the Lord until late in my life I am childless. Well did it cause alot of sorrow in my life?...yes, but now knowing how God works and has a plan in all things in our lives, I now know that it is Gods choice where he places His creations...not ours. I may be childless, that means the children that I do influence in my life do not bare my name nor go home with me at the end of our day. Sometimes I think its selfish some of the reasons why people what their own children vs adoption....well i could go on, but i will make this short. All I have to say is trust God !!! I am a Hannah....my child has been given over to the Lord.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
... they told me that a Christian shouldn't do this because I am playing God by giving a few of my eggs to a women who has bad eggs to help them have a child because they were never suppose to have children otherwise they would on their own.
I always cringe when I hear Christian people say such silly things. Do they deny themselves medical care when ill or injured, because it is God's will they die of an infection or bleed to death? Do they not apply for car or bank loans and go without either because it is God's will for them to be homeless and immobile? Do they not exercise because God's will is for them to be fat and slovenly? The argument is silly, Bella, and I urge you to do as your heart and your Savior direct. God bless, and may He bless those who receive your precious gift.

Upvote 0

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have been thinking about donating my eggs for a few years now. But in order to really consider it I had to wait until I was 21 years old. Now that I am I have thought about donating my eggs to a couple who can't get pregnant. Yes I will be getting paid for my donation and this will go to my husband's schooling/student loans and other life bills. But I don't want to do it just for the money I want to really help someone have a child. I was talking to someone the other day and they told me that a Christian shouldn't do this because I am playing God by giving a few of my eggs to a women who has bad eggs to help them have a child because they were never suppose to have children otherwise they would on their own. But really I don't think I am God is the one who will decide if the egg gets fertilized and actually makes a baby not me I am just helping the process along. Lots of children are born from the help of a donor if God didn't want those children born he wouldn't have them be born. Yes I am aware that half of my DNA will be out there in a child but it doesn't bother me the child will never be mine obviously it will be the couple who I am giving this amazing gift to. All of this is assuming I even get picked by a couple to use my eggs it goes by looks and IQ all kinds of things go into play if and when a couple chooses me and I can still turn them down both parties have to agree to use each other for this process.

Anyways has anyone else donated their eggs or know anyone who has what was your experience?

And what do you think of this all around issue from a Christian point of view?

In doing so you would be sponsoring abortion with your part of the unused zygotes. Here is why. In every case where eggs are harvested they take several, not just one and fertilize them. Then the ones they do not use they are discarded.
I would ask if the woman is willing to having another's child why are they not willing to adopt? The child will never be from that woman. You would be the mother and she would be the parent. It is your child so why are you willing to give away your child for money and why don't they just adopt and not take part in abortion with the unused Zygotes?
Also I would ask this. If there was no money involved and you had to bear all of your own costs would you do this? Remember the love of money is the root of all sorts of evil 1Tim 6:10? That should tell you the real reason you are considering this.
The very fact that you are having questions about this makes this sin. Romans 14:23
But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.
Don't base your decision on what others do would do or have done or allow money to sway you. Totally take money out of this equation and replace it with the understanding you will bear all the costs of your involvement, there will be aborted zygotes, and then seek to make a decision based on how God would have you handle this, but keep in mind that no matter what, you will be helping sponsor abortion with the unused zygotes if you do this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tangled

Oct 7, 2011
✟16,154.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And what do you think of this all around issue from a Christian point of view?

I wonder: do babies live in heaven only to be popped into a crappy world where they're bound to suffer??? Even if they didn't live in heaven before, is it selfish to bring a baby into this crappy world...where they're bound to suffer...? Especially when there are over 130 million orphans suffering in the world already? Why add to the suffering whilst knowing all this information!??!?!

The topic also makes me think of this:

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Upvote 0

tangled

Oct 7, 2011
✟16,154.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't know why this thread was brought back up because it was from last year. But I have not revisited egg donation in awhile. The Navy is my main focus right now and I might think about donating my eggs later in life but not right now.

Besides your situation you asked for opinions on the topic on a whole...:)

Upvote 0