Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
COMMENTARY: Three points are worthy of note as the heads of the Catholic Church, Orthodox Church and Anglican Communion come together to pray ahead of the Synod on Synodality.

Saturday will be a day like none other in Vatican history. It begins with a consistory for new cardinals in the morning — always a big event in Rome, but a regular occurrence.

The same day in the afternoon, however, will be an ecumenical meeting to pray together ahead of the Synod on Synodality. Indeed, the event is entitled “Together — Gathering of God’s People.”

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The same day in the afternoon, however, will be an ecumenical meeting to pray together ahead of the Synod on Synodality. Indeed, the event is entitled “Together — Gathering of God’s People.”
Well it really is time for prayer, with the synod starting tomorrow in a few hours, and we can use all of the prayers we can get. Protestants, Orthodox, Catholics, whosoever can pray that God not abandon us.

Very few people gave their input to this synod, worldwide maybe 1%. And the dissidents were well represented in all of that. Lots of dissident voices have been concentrated in Rome and will be demanding their way. Pray that the faith not get lost and that the faith prevails. God wins in the end. Somehow.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'd appreciate being let know of the outcome of the synod.

Just tag me in the relevant threads, thanks.

TBH, I am nervous for Catholics as it could either go really well and they will uphold their historic tradition, or it could go very badly and they could upset the applecart, so to speak.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'd appreciate being let know of the outcome of the synod.

Just tag me in the relevant threads, thanks.

TBH, I am nervous for Catholics as it could either go really well and they will uphold their historic tradition, or it could go very badly and they could upset the applecart, so to speak.
The deck is a bit stacked towards upsetting the apple cart. Think of a very big version of the Episcopalians as the favored outcome of many of the synod participants. The discussions will apparently be in private so unless there is a leak or a press conference we won't know in real time. Oh, and if this month long thing wasn't enough they will do it again in 2024.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟551,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wikipedia has an informative article on..
- 'Ecumenism'
---
Interesting to note.
Zinzendorf (Nicolas Von Ludwig) is considered/known as a Ecumenical (& Global Mission) pioneer..
- story of Moravian in Herrnhut, Germany.
- 18th century.
* I visited there (Herrnhut)..many years ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0