Hagios17

Jesus is awesome
Mar 24, 2006
✟13,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I question and condemn ecemunism because of its agenda which is to unite the beloved with the world. Ecemunism doesn't take into account "dogman" and "doctrine". It rather ignores essential teaching and fully embraces a worldly unity.

Beloved we must not seek such unity. Keep to righteous teaching and dont be deceived by the devil and his kingdom of darkness into this false and evil ecemunism. Ecemunism is like a harlot commiting fornication with the world. If you are involved in this movement, please leave it. Ecemunism is bad.

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Indeed. Hagios17, I'm sorry that God really only has room for you and maybe a few other people in heaven. Well, at least folks like me will have nigh the whole of existance to chat with in hell. Oh, wait, it's faith in Christ that saves us, not doctrines forbidding us from doing anything.

And you're getting ecuminism and universalism mixed up. Universalism is not good, right. Ecuminism is going "you know, they don't like having an organ in thier church, but that doesn't have diddly to do with salvation, so I'm not going to question thier faith in Christ."

Upvote 0

Hagios17

Jesus is awesome
Mar 24, 2006
✟13,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How many things do you not condemn? Not that I'm excited about getting in bed with the Mormons or even the Roman Catholic Church. But it seems to me that at the end of the day, you're going to be left with a church of one.

I don't expect someone who calls pagan ritualism "innocuous" to understand what I feel. Love the light and hate darkness. I don’t expect you to understand this.

Upvote 0

Hagios17

Jesus is awesome
Mar 24, 2006
✟13,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Indeed. Hagios17, I'm sorry that God really only has room for you and maybe a few other people in heaven. Well, at least folks like me will have nigh the whole of existance to chat with in hell. Oh, wait, it's faith in Christ that saves us, not doctrines forbidding us from doing anything.

And you're getting ecuminism and universalism mixed up. Universalism is not good, right. Ecuminism is going "you know, they don't like having an organ in thier church, but that doesn't have diddly to do with salvation, so I'm not going to question thier faith in Christ."

Actually you are the confused one.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

It reminds me of a joke I heard. A Christian dies, and they ask him which denomination he is. He states he's Baptist and they start going down a long hall.
First, they pass one denomination room, then another, when suddenly the Angel makes a "shhh" sound and they creep past the next room. Once they're past, the guy's like "What was that about?"
To this the Angel replies "They're the ones that'd be real upset if they realized we let other denominations in."

The joke had specific denomination names, so it was funnier, but you get the point. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when it's not just Catholic, Baptist, or Lutherans up there.

Exactly. We should always strive for the truth, but we should not despise our brothers in Christ for doctrines that do not affect Salvation.

Upvote 0

Mikedatigah

Feb 12, 2007
Red Stick
✟7,905.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
From someone who was brought up in that church, I can tell you that no preacher, pastor, individual, or book convinced me of how very wrong it was but the Bible itself, and the Lord. Hagios is right. Do not partake in that unity business. It sounds real good until you understand what you are condoning and accepting.

When I left the RCC, I didn't join the Baptist Church, I joined the Kingdom of God. The Baptist Church just seemed a likely choice since they were preaching the Word of God, and that is what I wanted to hear preached, not some constantly evolving interpretation to fit a doctrine or doctrines one wants to support which are completely unscriptural. The moment the Baptists start compromising this, that is the moment I leave. Bible Believing Christian First, and Baptist Second.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hagios17

Jesus is awesome
Mar 24, 2006
✟13,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From someone who was brought up in that church, I can tell you that no preacher, pastor, individual, or book convinced me of how very wrong it was but the Bible itself, and the Lord. Hagios is right. Do not partake in that unity business. It sounds real good until you understand what you are condoning and accepting.

When I left the RCC, I didn't join the Baptist Church, I joined the Kingdom of God. The Baptist Church just seemed a likely choice since they were preaching the Word of God, and that is what I wanted to hear preached, not some constantly evolving interpretation to fit a doctrine or doctrines one wants to support which are completely unscriptural. The moment the Baptists start compromising this, that is the moment I leave. Bible Believing Christian First, and Baptist Second.

Conforting words there bru, though they may get some fanatics on here angry, I couldn't agree more.

Wow, so how did you convert from RCC? My mom converted almost as soon as she left that environment with her parents lol. What was it like with you?

Upvote 0

Hagios17

Jesus is awesome
Mar 24, 2006
✟13,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Get a life man, seriously...

When you're right you're right, right?

Ecumenism is just another satanic doctrine from the devil. After the devil and his kingdom realised that they couldn't get what they wanted through external killing, torturing and rapping us through certain religions... cause it just made us stronger and our message more potent, the genuis, and satan really is a master of deceit, decided to go for internal and subtle tactics. What a master mind. Satan's battles strategy is very clever. God does say that satan fulls up the sum of wisdom. The satanic inspired idea that Christianity will function better if all self-proclaimed Christians, churches and denominations are united and accept their differences, is an incredible and awesome front to Christ and his Gospel. Satan, the anti-Christ, the queen of heaven and the beast will be able to make their moves central to Christianity to cause the most damage. And this is Biblical prophesy. If Christians just read their Bibles, and listened more often they would see that Ecumenism is of the Devil. But God has shown how he "HATES" carnal unity... he separated and divided those of Babyl. Because wordly unity is a front to God's elect, it is a strategy point for satan and demons and all darkness to work from. An advocate of Ecumenism is just as much an advocate of the devil. Though there are God's elect that support and promote Ecumenism, which is sad, Ecumenism is here to destroy the a pure mind, singleness of mind, because Ecumenism calls for the doublemindedness of religious tolerance and acceptance, Ecumenism calls for the yoking of the ungodly with the ungodly, it calls the body of Christ everyone and everything that just says they are a Christian. Yes, in Ecumenist gospel, all you say is "I am a Christian" and then your saved like bam. You can believe in Buddha and hate Jesus, just as long as you are a Christian... lol, then that would make half of hollywood Christian.

And once these Ecumenists have successfully united all Christians into sum babylonian sort of unity-complex... what are they going to do next lol? Are they going to wait for the comming Messiah?

Biblical Prophesy is sure and true. It says we will be infultrated by the Devil and his kingdom. And we will be subjected to these forces until Christs comming. And the funny thing about the Bible, is it talks about no worldly unty before the comming of Christ. In fact, it talks about TOTAL ANARCHY. The churches and congregations are going to be over run and taking down by Satan. The elect who are well aware of Satan's presence in the denominations will be silenced. They will be silenced, and as we read... killed day and night.

I will never be silence by Ecumenism's anarchy. Ecumenism will perish with the devil... along with all of the devil's children.

The Messiah will return and weed out the devil and his children (vessels fitted for destruction) amongst us that God has permitted to temp and tortute us. But God hasn't given us over to these things because he hates us... but that we might mature. We need to suffer and experience the ungoliness that goes with such things as Ecumenism because we need to mature as did Christ. For he learnt obedience through the things which he suffered. That is why Ecumenism is truly a trap from the devil, because it elimates an essential part of the Christian life with the false sense of peace and grace and mercy. The Apostles and the Prophets were subjected to tremendous killings and tortures. The Christian life on earth, as we see in part... is a life lived in triles and tribulations. Ecumenism is a scab that encapsulates our eyes from dealing with reality, to deceive and pull us away from Christ. Ecumenism is about a relationship, yet Ecumenism knows nothing of a relationship. This easy believers gospel will not prepare and mature.

Therefore I am in prayers, as should you all be in prayer for those who are under this strong delusion. Don't stop, and don't faint from prayer. Pray till yur knees hurt, till your eyes hurt. Pray beloved... pray, for the times are now and short. The Messiah is comming to judge the Nations and destroy those amongst us with the Word of his mouth.

Peace and grace

-Josh

Upvote 0

Andyman_1970

Trying to walk in His dust...............
Feb 2, 2004
The Natural State
Visit site
✟12,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not going to debate or discuss on whether what's bandied about here on the Baptist forum of CF is "Jesus" or not, or whether or not He's present in these discussion.

I will say however that the opinions and "facts" about what the Scripture says that are thrown around here here peoples interpretation of the Scripture.............those do change.

Blessing to you brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The trick to ministry is to be something in the Name of Jesus, and not be angry about it.

I just had a sit down laugh (almost a roll on the floor laugh) this past week. Person A has been in ministry with person B for 6 months, everything going great. Person A comes to me and says they just found out person B believes "X" and they can no longer work together.

I laughed for 5 minutes.

Yes sir, the trick is, be a baptist, but just don't ask to many questions unless you can handle the answers.

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

1 Cor. 1:
10I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

This seems to suggest to me that unity is a good thing. The problem is that it also calls for agreement. At this point, the church seems so fractured that it is nothing sort of prideful for any of us to insist that "my beliefs are the ones we should agree on." The truth is that there are some things that are vitally important (e.g., salvation by faith in Christ, the deity of Christ). Some things are not important at all (e.g., music style, order of worship, etc...) Some things are somewhere in the middle (e.g., believers' baptism, tongues and other spiritual gifts). Since the Biblical command is to seek unity and agreement, we need to find a way to reconcile these two prinicpals. In modern application, it seems to me that this involves, being at peace with our brothers and sisters that agree with us on the vital things, ignoring completely the unimportant things, and to learn to dialogue peacefully about the things in the middle. Isn't the goal behind ecumenism?

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ecumenism is bad if you are connecting with churches that have a false Gospel or teach false ways to be saved. Many Protestant Churches actually teach a works based salvation. One should not be in ties with this type of church.

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

Ecumenism is bad if you are connecting with churches that have a false Gospel or teach false ways to be saved. Many Protestant Churches actually teach a works based salvation. One should not be in ties with this type of church.

I'm not quite sure which denoms you are talking about, but I would think that, if that is true, then such denoms are not Christian. I assume ecumenism deals with unity among Christians of varying beliefs.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ecumenism will always be an issue for years to come and I have decided years ago not to dwell on it. At least, I know I won't be part of the Ecumenism Movement.

I only believer Christians are united spiritually rather than doctrinally. God knows who are His regardless of what denomination and/or church we belong to.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.