Dying your hair?

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Personally, for reasons I, myself, don't quite understand, I don't care for the concept of hair coloring. When people ask me why I don't "touch up the grey", I bring up Proverbs 16:31:

Gray hair is a crown of splendor;
it is attained by a righteous life.

Of course, that has nothing to do with strange or funky colors. There IS a verse about worrying more about your "inner" appearance than your "outer", in 1 Peter 3:3-4:

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

...but it doesn't really talk about hair coloring being a sin.

I don't get the appeal...but I guess it's OK.

Upvote 0

new_wine

Citizen
Dec 30, 2010
✟16,339.00
Faith
Christian
There is nothing wrong with coloring your hair any color you want so long as you are doing it to just do it.

But if you are doing it to cause trouble at home, work or school. Then it is not the coloring, it is your heart that is the trouble.

If iot is just to please yourself, then do it.

Does the Bible talk about coloring your hair funny colors? Is it wrong?

Upvote 0

savedfromdistruction

Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does the Bible talk about coloring your hair funny colors? Is it wrong?

The bible says that all we do we are to do as unto the Lord. We are never to do things that make us look or be wierd. If God has not led us to do something then we are not to do it. Anything we do that is not wihtout doubt as in God aproving is not of faith and is sin. Read Romans 14

Upvote 0