Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd like to ask for prayers for a fellow my wife works with. He is in the hospital, and apparently is not going to make it. He went in for an operation on his carotid artery, and complications arose, culminating in at least one stroke.....at this point, it's more or less a deathwatch.

My wife is very upset, and called me in tears a few minutes ago with the news. This fellow has no family in this area, and we had planned to invite him over for Christmas, but what with one thing and another and the chaos of the holidays, we didn't; then, because of scheduling and obligations and other things, we didn't get up to see this fellow in the hospital, and now he's dying. My wife feels terrible, and guilty about the missed Christmas opportunity.

I told her that she couldn't have foreseen this, and that even if we had invited this fellow over, he might have caught this nasty URI we've all been dealing with, and that wouldn't have done him any good either, but she replied that if he'd had a URI, maybe he wouldn't have gone in for surgery, and maybe he wouldn't be dying right now.

So anyway, she's very upset. Coupled with this is the fact that she doesn't know what his salvational status is, and is worried about whether he is saved or not.

I'd appreciate prayers for this fellow, both for his soul and for the whole situation---his name is John O'Grady. And if you'd pray for my wife, guys, that would help, too.

God bless you,
----Wols.

Status
Not open for further replies.