• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Drink Problems

Daily Propane

Jan 6, 2023
Chengdu
✟15,100.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Im a British Expat in Chengdu and im into my second day of alcohol recovery after a major relapse that almost cost me relationship and im done with alcohol after 8 years of heavy drinking which is easy to do when you have alot financial and personal freedom. Im looking to getting back into my faith and living a new lifestyle so i just want to introduce myself as a new member and looking forward to a better future.

TylerBibleThumper
TylerBibleThumper
Do take care of yourself. Especially in China.
Upvote 0
R
Robert Johnson7
Дорогой Аэдан, я хотел бы выразить свою искреннюю похвалу и уважение за ваше решение бросить пить. Я сам испытывал проблемы с алкоголем, которые в конечном итоге повлияли на мою жизнь и карьеру. Сейчас я работаю на Online Trading | Trade CFDs on Crypto, Forex & more with Exness и делаю то, что люблю. С наилучшими пожеланиями, Роберт
Upvote 0

Sesame Seed

Nov 26, 2022
Coventry
Visit site
✟12,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, and welcome, good look with your journey away from alcohol I recommend making a diary where over a period of time you slowly come of the alcohol and quit it is more likely to succeed. There is help within the health system should you require any.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im a British Expat in Chengdu and im into my second day of alcohol recovery after a major relapse that almost cost me relationship and im done with alcohol after 8 years of heavy drinking which is easy to do when you have alot financial and personal freedom. Im looking to getting back into my faith and living a new lifestyle so i just want to introduce myself as a new member and looking forward to a better future.
Welcome!

Reactions: Daily Propane
Upvote 0

Megan120711

Jan 5, 2023
West Palm Beach
✟8,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi there! My name is Megan! Nice to meet you :) I am in recovery and have been working a program for the last 7 months and am now coming up on 8 months clean. Congratulations on your decision to stop. Way to go!

Reactions: Daily Propane
Upvote 0

Daily Propane

Jan 6, 2023
Chengdu
✟15,100.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Update: Im still staying sober and im making good progress and have a lifetime of maintaining it now. I had a really nice trip to Guangzhou (Canton) and there was a beautiful church there that was started by French missionaries.
mmexport1676866966491.jpg
mmexport1676866962102.jpg

Reactions: chilehed
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello & welcome to CF.

I'd encourage you to keep meditating on the word, keep practising healthy habits such as taking healthy fluids, a balanced diet, exercise, build a strong support network, through family members and friends including joining support groups if you can.

Tell your body everyday that, your spirit man will not serve your flesh anymore ( 2 Corinthians 3 v17- Now the Lord is that spirit and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty ).

There are also non fattening replacements such as some types of alcohol free wine & even beer where you will still get the smell and bitter taste of beer, If ever you're around people who are drinking and start to feel like drinking with them,

All the best... God is faithful....

Upvote 0

Daily Propane

Jan 6, 2023
Chengdu
✟15,100.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have been doing very well and now share an apartment with my girlfriend. Im up early most mornings and going down the boxing gym and planning the next couple of years of my life out. I pray and look after myself better and my treat drink is chocolate milk or a cherry dr.pepper. I hope you all have a lovely easter and god bless!

Upvote 0