Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sometimes dream that the past 20+ years has just been an awful nightmare. In my dream Danny was missing in action in the Air Force, and after years and years of everyone thinking he's dead, he comes back.

Other times I dream of the two of us being in a beautiful place (I think maybe Heaven). He holds my hands, and we laugh and talk.

Then I wake up, and he's not here. It's almost like starting all over again. The pain is as fresh as it was 20 years ago. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get over it.

Upvote 0

UncleDave

Apr 12, 2007
✟7,707.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The biggest thing I've had to deal with has been guilt. I guess that even with my one-year anniversary approaching I still feel a twinge of guilt. Last night I had a brief dream in which it seemed my wife and I had been apart for some time. We had been separated by something that was not related to marital problems or anything, we were just apart. I was feeling very guilty for not having called her on the telephone to see how she was doing, when I suddenly realized that she in fact had died, and that's why I hadn't called her. I woke up right then.

I had similar short dreams before, even ones when we were reunited for a brief moment before the truth became evident and I woke up. This time was different; I did not awaken with a feeling of complete and utter sadness, as I had before. I felt a sense of acceptance that this is just how it is.

Interesting, how we progress along this journey of grief...

Upvote 0

KarenCharin0

Feb 26, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
I can relate to what you've said, but it has taken me a lot more years before I started dreaming of Keith... I don't know why... we had made a lot of video's going on vacations over the years.. but it took me 3 years before I could bring myself to watch one. But when I finally did I laughed the whole way through it. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed watching that tape. Now I even dream about him sometimes. April 2nd would of been our 34th aniversery.

Upvote 0
D

dellinw

It has been only 9mo for me, but I cannot dream about him. I have to take meds sometimes to sleep, so maybe that is the reason. During some bad weather the other night, thunder etc my husband's closet light came on. Realistic I think the thunder shook the house, and maybe the switch wasn't all the way down, but I took it as a comfort, that he was telling me I wasn't alone and that he was watching over me. O'h God, please tell me this will get easier!!!
Helen

Upvote 0

c1ners

Senior Contributor
Dec 12, 2005
US
✟30,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a song on the country station (don't know who sings it or the name) about it is about wanting one more day. One more day with the one you loved and the things you would say and do, but at the end of the day, you would wish for just one more day.

Just one more day...

That song always makes me cry. I know exactly what I would do with just one more day. I would love him with every ounce of love in me. But most importantly I would answer the question he asked me a week before he died. I would tell him that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. And when that day is over, I would let go.....knowing that finally he is where he belongs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.