Dream/Spiritual Attack

Liquid_Hacim

Apr 9, 2010
✟15,114.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I joined this site looking for help/guidance. This will be a little long post.
Hello guy's this morning i woke to my wife scared. She informed me last night she had a dream and was in complete awareness that she was dreaming, she was aware that she fell asleep with her hand hanging off the bed and in the dream she had she was laying in her old bed in arizona ( about 8-9 years ago)
She started thinking i shouldnt be her and immediately realized this was not where she fell asleep, her hand was inbetween the wall and bed in her dream. then thats when she awoke. When she woke up from her dream she was in a state of temporary paralysis and her jaw was clenched. She started Praying and Rebuking then after a minute it went away, so she rolled towards me and held me tight. Feeling safe from what happended, then the temporary paralysis struck again. she looked around the room to see if there was anything around. Then she heard the sound and felt the bed move as if a cat jumped right on her pillow, which did not startle her for we have 4 cats. but when she could move again there was nothing there. so she turned on the lights and laid there, The time was around 3:45 a.m. Which seems significant to me cause We now own our house and we did have Something Supernatural happen in the last 2 houses. one when living with my mom and one when living with her dad. My wife does have a history with witchcraft she did it 8 years ago, and her mother was very very heavily into witchcraft for approximately 10 years. Very odd things has happended to Her mom, she used to do tarot cards and drawings with her eyes closed. I've seen something 3 years ago. I'm really here to get help, offer me any of your insight you can. Looking for Scriptures that you guys and gals can personally recommend for me to study. I have the faith of god to help with anything, however i get very scared when i seem to sense things. as i am writing this i feel un easy. I would also like to find a person who can help build my Christian Knowledge and Faith as in a Mentor. there is more previous past experience but i do not wish to write a novel. this is long enough. Thank you very much for reading look forward to hearing from the community.

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Fear has to do with punishment. People tend to be oblivious to the things they do and sublimate their guilt. One has to cling to the words of Jesus for protection, regardless of the difficulties coming apon them.

If you believe something like "oh I did witchcraft eight years ago, so I am going to be harassed", that is not believing in forgiveness of sins. Ultimately, the root cause is not that, however, but tends to be about not following the teachings of Christ.

I find a lot of people dealing with such attacks turning to anything but God as the solution.

Beliefs open doors. If you believe demons have a right to torment you, that can open a door. If you judge and condemn others in your heart without regard for truth and evidence, then that can open a door for fears of impending judgment and condemnation.

If you do not understand the ramifications against the wicked powers of the cross of Jesus - which comes by obeying the word, putting it into practice, turning the other cheek, taking abuse from the wicked, compassionately being for your enemies - then you will not have enough faith in sanctification to truly hold against them.

Another problem can be when people trust in idols and teachings of men, but have forgotten about the teachings of Christ that way. So, they may pray, read the Bible, go to Church, talk about Jesus... yet they do not actually put the teachings into practice.

Upvote 0

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟24,698.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Praise God that He has drawn your wife out of a life commited to witchcraft to one committed to Jesus. This is a wonderful achievement in itself!

Salvation by Jesus immediately saves us from the punishment & gult of sin & we receive Jesus righteousness - truely amazing. And then He begins His work of santification (Heb 10:14) & renewing our mind (Rom 12:2) to conform us to His likeness (Rom 8:29). Ten years heavy involvement in witchcraft is fairly significant & renewing one's mind after this may take some time.

A bed is normaly a place were we find peace & rest. The dream took her back to the bed she was in 8-9 years ago and the witchcraft was from 8 years ago. To me the dream suggests there may be some area(s) where your wife is "lying in the same bed as previously". Not that she is doing something she shouldn't do now, but that there is some residue that needs to be dealt with thru prayer. The dream suggests to me that there may be some unresolved issues associated with the involvement in witchcraft which may require prayer so she can find peace (rest in bed) in those areas.

Has your wife ever had a pastor pray with her though any issues associated with the involvement in witchcraft? If this has not been done, I would recommend doing this with a pastor who has experience in this area. With these kind of issues, it's good to have someone from outside your family & situation pray for you.

In terms of a more peaceful house, I would recommend the following prayers combined with the faith actions to cleanse the house of any unclean spirits that may be hanging around. This will also address anything that might have been done in the house by previous owners. If you have children be sensitive to their age & how they might perceive what you are doing. But it would be good if they could also ask Jesus to bless their rooms. The faith action is the sprinkling of water which was used in old testament times for cleansing.

Suggested steps

1. Ask God to cover yourselves, your immediate family, your extended family & friends, your workplaces, your neighbours & all that belongs to you with the protection & covering of the blood of Jesus & protection from any backlash - now & into the future.

2. Get a glass of water & pray, holding it & asking the Lord to consecrate it for cleansing your house

3. Go thru every room in the house sprinkling the water in the room asking God to forgive any sin that has been committed in that room. Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit & name specific sins to be forgiven as you are lead

4. Go through every room in the house a 2nd time, commanding any demonic spirits to be gone in the Name of Jesus. Again be sensitve to the Holy Spirit & address specific demons as you feel lead. After you have done a room, place some consecrated water on your hand & touch the tops & sides of the door ways & window frame into the room asking Jesus to seal & protect the room. Do this also on doorway entrances to your house.

5. Go though the house a 3rd time, this time praying God's blessing upon the room & these who move about & stay in the room, and invite the Holy Spirit to come & fill the room. Pronounce specific blessings in the Name of Jesus as you feel lead e.g. life, peace, rest, prosperity, comfort, hospitality, blessing on relationships

6. After you have done this inside your house, do the same three kinds of prayers outside your house on your property {(a) Sprinkling water & asking God to forgive any sin comitted there (b) Commanding any demonic spirits to be gone in Jesus Name (c) Praying God's blessing & asking the Holy Spirit to hover/brood over that place (Gen 1:2)}

7. Stand in the entrance to your property (driveway & path from footpath) & ask God to send angels to protect & guard your property. Walk around the perimeter of your property asking God to do the same.

8. Have a time of thanksgiving for wonderful Jesus & His finished work which opened the way for salvation & enables us to live protected under the shadow of His wing.

Softly playing praise & worship music during the night & regularly during the day would also help build a sense of God's presence in your house. Listening to preaching & meditating on the love of God through Jesus will help with renewing the mind. Perfect love casts our fear.

God bless

Upvote 0

Liquid_Hacim

Apr 9, 2010
✟15,114.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you very much guys for responding to my call for help. Firewater what you said is exactly what i needed to hear. I see now what the problem can be and i knew from the start it would if continued. I will do all of which is required to rid the house of all evil spirits. Yes my wife was prayed for by a excellent church, and during that time i had a mentor. That helped shape who i am today. I guess all i'm looking for now is a mentor who can help me grow and answer some questions. May God bless you all.

Upvote 0

makeupgirl

joint heirs with Christ
Sep 28, 2009
USA
✟15,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You know the more closer we draw to God, the more closer Satan seems to attack. I'm beginning to see a pattern with the body of Christ that we are being attacked now more than ever. Things are beginning to come to a head now because the time to go home to Christ is drawing near. I say keep on doing what we're suppose to do in pleasing God by the aid of the Holy Spirit. Keep spreading his gospel, keep obeying the word of God, keep being representatives of Christ while we're still here on earth. Just because we are in the world, we shouldn't be like the world. This is what Satan hates because he lost us. It could be to him we who are now the believers of Christ were his best kids. Lets continue the fight with the help of our Heavenly Father. Be blessed my brothers and sisters in Christ and continue to uplift one another. This battle isn't over.

Upvote 0

hadasseh

Seeker of Light
Dec 29, 2009
✟8,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I use this Scripture many many times: "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of a sound mind." II Timothy 1:7. There is a wonderful book been out for years now called "Bondage Breaker" which I highly recommend link here: Amazon.com: The Bondage Breaker® (9780736902410): Neil T. Anderson: Books Gives you specific prayers to work through spescific situations that may have opened doors you need to close. Also, as suggested by others, immerse yourself in the Word. You may want to checkout the site: www.BibleGateway.com where you can do word studies. For instance, search the Scriptures on authority, such as the authority you have been given through Jesus. Begin to decree these Scriptures in your house OUT LOUD. Another thing I find is in the presence of Praise to God, everything else has to leave. You will be amazed at how quick and wonderful this works and how much better you will feel as you move into the presence of a loving God.

Upvote 0