Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My dream job was to be a cartoonist, writing comic strips and creating comic books. Years ago I did a course that I didn't finish because ugh high school and uni interfered and I had to get a serious job.

Well you know. Anyway. I haven't cartooned in years and then newspapers started churning out rubbish, going digital AND Gary Larson retired from the Far Side. But maybe one day when I get serious about being silly again I could do it. This was even before stylised Manga became popular.

Also I found out I couldn't actually draw people very well. I could do cats, but that was about it. So that has kind of being put on the shelf for now. I know, Socks my cat was dying to be turned into a cartoon but..I don't know. He looks kinda too similar to Postman Pat's cat.

my other dream job was to be a housewife because, well, what else can you do, I'm female and don't want to mess up this whole glass ceiling thing going on in the big bad world of outer space workforce. I just need a cottage and then I could have my own cottage industry, complete with cottage garden.

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always wanted to do psychology. I love talking with people and helping them figure out what it is they think and feel. It can be surprising how much you can help someone just by letting them bounce their thoughts off of you. I would enjoy either one on one counseling of adults, or child psychology.

I also wouldn't mind criminal psychology... heck, I will do it all. :p

Someday............

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh agony aunt was one of those default jobs that fell to me since I am single. I have just realised this and used to resent it but now I'm learning that it I actually do enjoy counselling or advising people who ask for help. As long as they genuine, though, I dont have time for those who just looking for sympathy.

It doesnt pay a cent though. None of my jobs ever do, cos I dont work for money..its for the Lord...when people start paying you its when the dream job turns out to be a slog.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Not necessarily. When I was a gymnastic coach, I was paid even though I loved it so much that I'd have done it for free and often did private lessons for nothing. I believe my daughter feels the same about being a figure skating coach.

I really do love nursing. It is the paperwork that doesn't mean anything (some paperwork does) that I hate and the time it steals away from my time to spend with a patient. I easily spend a minimum of 2-3 hours on a 12 hour shift doing stupid stuff like trying to get a doctor to call back and approve that I am not going to give scheduled insulin to a patient whose blood sugars are already very low or filling out a form that says I actually did what I am required to do (sounds great until you realize I can still fill out the form saying I did something even if I didn't...so no purpose).

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Oh agony aunt was one of those default jobs that fell to me since I am single. I have just realised this and used to resent it but now I'm learning that it I actually do enjoy counselling or advising people who ask for help. As long as they genuine, though, I dont have time for those who just looking for sympathy.

It doesnt pay a cent though. None of my jobs ever do, cos I dont work for money..its for the Lord...when people start paying you its when the dream job turns out to be a slog.

Ironic...as a nurse, I realize that often the most therapeutic thing I do is just listen to people who need genuine sympathy and very little advice (because often there isn't a solution or they often find their own solution as they vent). Allowing people to vent without offering up judgement means I often give less pain meds and my patients sleep better because they are able to release the anxiety that goes with feeling helpless or out of control.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thats not a job, I don't think. Or it could be. Maybe artist?

There is a company called Dreamworks I think it makes movies. Could work there and then it would be a dream job.

Here you go. Some info.
https://www.dreamworksstudios.com/about/faq

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I want to hear about good jobs where rainbows are everywhere and big giant yellow sunflowers grow even in the pavement and every water fountain has gold fish swimming in it.

There are sunflowers and goldfish in specialty mechanic shops?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to hear about good jobs where rainbows are everywhere and big giant yellow sunflowers grow even in the pavement and every water fountain has gold fish swimming in it.

So more an "In You Dreams" job?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Yes, and rainbows.

:) My husband's shop only had big rats...cool machines, a beat up fork lift, and rats that only came out at night. Maybe if they had sung to them, they would have cleaned the place like a Disney movie...however, come to think of it, it was a pretty clean shop.

Reactions: MotherFirefly
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
He should of had a rainbow, put fish in the water fountain and planted sunflowers.

Was he a machinist? What did he die of?

He was a machinist for a while when he was trying to earn enough seniority at UPS to get a package truck. Worked on a HAAS machine (I think). He died of melanoma (the bad kind of skin cancer)

Upvote 0