Jul 22, 2007
In a house
Visit site
✟8,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I woke up again. It was 12:30am, and I was covered in sweat. I have what is referred to as night terrors and I herd that I would out grow them, who ever said that was wrong. The dreams became less as I grew and I was able to tolerate them now but as kid they were terrifying. I always assumed it was something else, for in my dreams there was this thing that would speak to me. It would be the one to give me my nightmares.

Every night the voice would taunt me, I don't even remember a thing he said all I remember is that he was the cause of my night terrors. The only thing I can actually remember of him was that in one dream I talked him all night till I woke and he never got his chance to give me my nightmare. Then there were the dreams that I had to gather what toys I wanted to play with and if I didn't leave my room in time the door would shut and I would have a nightmare.

There were the ones that would be a regular dream and it would turn evil. I would fight to wake up as this demon or what ever it was invaded my dream. It would happen like this. Everything in the dream would turn black, a funny feeling would over come me. I couldn't move then it appeared usually it was red but sometimes I couldn't see it. It did nothing realy just scared me and kept me from waking. I would try to run but would get no where, I would try to scream but nothing would come out. It would the most terrifying incident in my life.

Then there were the ones where I would dream about being in bed and a count down would start, luckily I always woke before zero.

As I aged they went away but then returned. But I now have the ability to lucid dream allowing me total control over my dreams, I can now wake myself. The demon has no control over me, as soon as I feel him I wake. But then there was one time I tried to stay asleep to see what would happen, because I that time I couldn't remember how those ended. I couldn't bear it and woke myself up.

Then there was my last one, and I had these as well as a kid. I was dreaming normally and then I was lying down, it happened suddenly. I knew what was next for I remember these ones as a kid but woke a little to late, someone else in my dream, I looked at her and her face transformed into I don't know what but it was frightening.

And there were my ghost dreams, not like you think, sure I had those but they weren't very frightening at all, these were ordinary dreams with a spirit in it. The spirit was always behind a closed door and when I walked near the door I had the same strange feeling as I did with the demon.

I always hoped that one night I could face it, but there was one time I stopped it. I was in church when the feeling came upon me, this was quite a few years back and my last dream was only a few months back. In this dream though as the feeling came upon me I did something I never did before and never could do again, I shrugged it off and went back to my dream.

I always wanted to face this demon face to face, again. Again? Yes I saw him once as a child, standing at the foot of my bed, short, green, red eyes, brown cloak. As an adult I read a book about angels, demons and other spirits and he fit the description of the boogeyman. I am sure that's what I saw. But it wasn't what was in my dreams.

I wish I could face off with them both, and perhaps one time I will see them again in my dreams and I will try my best to stay asleep so I can tell this demon how he ruined my childhood and tortured me turning me into a quivering coward afraid of every dark corner of the room, refusing to sleep without a night light and with the door open. I will one day make this demon pay.

I used to dread going to sleep now I look forward to it so I can face off with my demon one day.

SkyDudeDean

Jan 4, 2006
Swansea
✟7,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know what you're talking about. I get the exact same feeling sometimes! I'm in a dream then you get this horribly eerie feeling, sometimes there would be set times, just like yours.
They can be terrifying sometimes, I havn't had one like this in a while, thankfully.

Like you too I also know how to wake myself up from dreams, I learnt this very young, and have also had a good few lucid dreams.

It definatley sounds like a demon of some sort, trying to torment you, one part that stuck out to me was you said when you obtained lucidity once in the dream and you decided to stay to see what would happen, and you couldn't bare it. This isn't a good thing. This demon has no right to be stopping you from sleeping as it was intended for.

I think it is a good idea for you to face it, in my opinion. But the key is not to be scared! That's their main weapon, to use fear against you. Ask God for strength and boldness in your faith. Command it to leave and not come back in the name of Christ!

"He that is in you is far greater than he that is in the world"

I am here for you if you ever need to talk about it, just give me a PM.

God Bless
Dean

Upvote 0

mightyrushinwind

Jul 29, 2007
Florida
✟7,629.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't want to seem as if I am being nosy but have you or anyone around you experienced or been involved with witchcraft?
I ask because as a child and young adult I to would have night terrors. I would see , hear and feel things. Not things of my imagination but things that were as real as you and I are. I gave my life to Christ in March 2002 and they seemed to become worse. I had practiced and been around witchcraft from ages 4 - 22. Satan wasnt happy, he had lost yet another one of his people and he would war with me mostly at night and in my dreams. I would awaken paralized with fear. I was in fear of even sleeping because of what might happen.I would wake up some nights to have tall dark twisted figures standing by my bed. I would fall asleep and have demons as a regular part of my dream. I even dreamed in fear. I would close my eyes, doze off and hear satanic chants and see demonic faces on what looked like a tv screen. I don't say this to freak anyone out or put fear in ayone. For if we are in Christ we have nothing to fear.
I am not a dream interpreter but I can tell you what some things in your dream mean.
UNKNOWN PERSON OR THING IN DREAM: Demonic messenger..Evil Motive
UNKNOWN WOMAN.: Witchcraft..demon...Seducing spirit
COLORS:
Black:Famine..Sin..Ingnorance..Darkness...Demonic Army
Green:Good life or evil life..Life of the flesh
Red:Cleansing..Deep sins
These things I have written also have different meanings..Godly ones but I can say just from what you have written these dreams are far from being from God. God doesn't cause us to fear,satan does.The best spiritual warfare for your situation from the words you have written is ..PRAYER..It is one of the most powerful and effective ways to defeat the enemy. A christian who isnt prayed up is a good target for satan and all his attacks.Satan is not an all knowning all powerful advesary..He may have power to an extent but all powerful he is not.. He is a defeated foe..About 2000 yrs ago our Savior defeated him.. Satan knows he is defeated and can't stand it so he trys all he can to defeat us. To mess up our sleep and mind is would be one of his ways to defeat us. A tierd broken christian is prey for satan.Plead the blood over your mind, dreams and thoughts every night. Pray every night before bed. Rebuke the spirit of fear.. Instead of facing that deamon in your dreams ask God to give you the ability to call upon His name as you dream. Satan and all his army has to bow at the name of Jesus.. He knows this.
One more thing before I close. Could you possible have something in your home that ties you to those spirits. Something that makes it easy for those spirit to gain access to you. Items from childhood or young adult yrs that you know you should possible not have or keep?
If none of this fits then please disregard this letter.
Yours in Christ Jesus,
mightyrushinwind

Upvote 0

trulyliving

Jul 28, 2007
✟8,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think if the dreams bother Christians, even long time Christians, there is a need for spiritual warfare. I don't want to get into a debate about Christians not having the capability to be possessed, but I have directly observed Christians in deep spiritual warfare that get targetted with unpeaceful conditions. They're just simply targetted. If there's anything in your life that is connecting you to dark spirits, please pray about it. No one else really knows but you. Even pastors kids can be spiritual targets. It's just simply spiritual warfare.

If you're open to it, please consider notifying those who have the gift of spiritual intercession in your church. Maybe they may not even be in your church, actually, but if you know anyone who is able to pray over you and are prepared for deep intercessory warfare, that may help. I understand not every Christian believes in these things, but sometimes I think if the need is there, God provides opportunities for us to look beyond denominational boundaries if it means receiving more of His awesome power and authority in our personal lives.

I hope these help, knowing you're already familiar with them. I hope I did not offend, just trying to suggest from the little that I know.
Luke 10:19
2 Cor 10:4-6
John 10:10
1 Peter 5:6-10

Upvote 0