Dont Think Or Believe Beyond What Is Written

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brotherbrown

Jul 3, 2007
✟2,273.00
Faith
Christian
You should take a look at yourself. you are an island unto yourself and you have created many false doctrines that noone will back. the holy spirit being limited to only quoting a magical verse language.. blaspheming the holy spirit by misinterpreting a verse... the devil only being able to twist OT scripture... angels, the devil, the holy spirit, all having their own opinions in our mind... Your doctrines are complete nonsense and not shared by anyone on this board or all the otherboards you tried to "evangelise" on.

I said
All born again Christians are an island. If you still part of the group your still in the milk.

2 Cor 6:17-18
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
(NKJ)
Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
(NKJ)

Upvote 0
T

t1mp01

I said
All born again Christians are an island. If you still part of the group your still in the milk.

2 Cor 6:17-18
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
(NKJ)
Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
(NKJ)

AN ISLAND? You mean being part of the Body of Christ right? What Paul was talking about was being part of the family of Christ, and the 'working out your own salvation' was getting to know our Lord and Savior, in your way. The greek term for 'Work out' was like that of digging silver, to dig. That is why he said with fear and trembling, as you can only begin to love God truly when you fear Him. Also, how about some context:

1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father. Shining as Stars

12Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. 14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out[c] the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. 17But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

Reactions: Chickapee
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
what he's saying is you should evangelise lost non-chrisitains. your focus is evangelisng christian bretheren. We should join forces and go evangelise unbelievers or some of the people like the Jews, mormons who really need it. if everyone is in the "milk" then you should preach where everyone is at. since you have found that noone is in the "meat" like you are, then why not go where god can really use you. if you evangelise to the lost, we will be there with you backing you. since you claim we are all in the "milk", then you have to admit that we could help you with "milk" stuff that the lost need to understand.
:)

If one hasn't debated Jews, Muslims and Atheists, one just hasn't debated :D

Drat!!! The 2 bottom links no longer work on the New CF.

http://christianforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
Non-Christian Religions

http://foru.ms/t5615012-jesus-christ-was-he-sent-for-all-mankind.html
-jesus-christ-was-he-sent-for-all-mankind

Hello.We muslims believe he was sent to the sons of Israel not for all mankind.This doesnt mean the one who follows Him in real does a wrong job but this is God's plan for He sent Muhammed-aleyhissalam-to all mankind.

Which proofs do christians have to claim that Jesus was sent to entire humanity and not only to the israelites?

http://foru.ms/t3006763-why-jews-cannot-accept-isa-pbuh-as-a-prophet.html

Having read some of the strongest criticism of the prophecies of Jesus in the OT (from Jews in this CF), I would like to know why Jews cannot accept Isa (pbuh) since the Quran says:

1. Isa (pbuh) never claimed to be God, or Son of God, but asked the Jews to pray to the One God that Jews are praying now

2. Isa (pbuh) asks the Jews to follow the Torah and the Injil, hence a continuation of the revelations from God

3. Isa (pbuh) was not crucified and hence was not accursed

Upvote 0

JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
:)

If one hasn't debated Jews, Muslims and Atheists, one just hasn't debated :D

Drat!!! The 2 bottom links no longer work on the New CF.

http://christianforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
Non-Christian Religions

http://foru.ms/t5615012-jesus-christ-was-he-sent-for-all-mankind.html
-jesus-christ-was-he-sent-for-all-mankind

Hello.We muslims believe he was sent to the sons of Israel not for all mankind.This doesnt mean the one who follows Him in real does a wrong job but this is God's plan for He sent Muhammed-aleyhissalam-to all mankind.

Which proofs do christians have to claim that Jesus was sent to entire humanity and not only to the israelites?

http://foru.ms/t3006763-why-jews-cannot-accept-isa-pbuh-as-a-prophet.html

Having read some of the strongest criticism of the prophecies of Jesus in the OT (from Jews in this CF), I would like to know why Jews cannot accept Isa (pbuh) since the Quran says:

1. Isa (pbuh) never claimed to be God, or Son of God, but asked the Jews to pray to the One God that Jews are praying now

2. Isa (pbuh) asks the Jews to follow the Torah and the Injil, hence a continuation of the revelations from God

3. Isa (pbuh) was not crucified and hence was not accursed

Everybody should be able to make their choice, but I have a close Muslim friend and she believes The God of the Christians and Jews is not the same as Allah. But I would like to invite you to study the Bible to compare the Quran's Allah to the Bible's God. If you believe they are the same but that God only sent Jesus to save some people, then why not compare them and ask God to direct you with discernment about your questions.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Also it is important to not let those who spread false doctrines to arrange verses in an unbiblical order.

************DISCLAIMER****************
This guy claims this clump of verses was given to him is a special revelation of the Holy Spirit. This guy also claims that this same spirit told him that Jesus is not God, and that the triune nature of God is a lie. Please ignore his posts in the future.

Thank you
Well in that case, I would have to ignore about 3/4 of the posters on GT :D

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well i looked it up to see what Bro Brown was talking about ??
and can see we are as islands / dry land thirst spiritually speaking [dwelling places ]

here is a few if you can just believe ?

hey Little Lamb , Im not following you lol , its just you go some very interesting posts lol .. saw it answered in the blue on the top of the bar in Theology hee hee

peace to all whom love the Lords peace ... C

Job 22:30 He shall deliver the island of the innocent: and it is delivered by the pureness of thine hands.

Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Rev 16:20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found

Zep 2:11The LORD [will be] terrible unto them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth; and [men] shall worship him, every one from his place, [even] all the isles of the heathen.

Island
( Heb. 'i, "dry land," as opposed to water) occurs in its usual signification ( Isa 42:4,10,12,15, comp. Jer. 47:4), but more frequently simply denotes a maritime region or sea-coast ( Isa 20:6, R.V.," coastland; 23:2,6; Jer 2:10; Eze 27:6,7). isles of the seas Isles of the gentiles

Upvote 0

JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
well one thing Mr. Brown cannot back with scriptures is the idea I have seen him post all over the place that everybody that does not agree with him is in "the milk"

he may have recently posted it a little different, but straightforward it appears Brother Brown is another self-proclaimed prophet who likes to say that only he can understand God. Elevating himself as the voice of reason and the only "true" mature Christian. No true Christian brother will do this. This is along the same lines of those people claiming that God told them the Bible is no longer valid and that in order to listen to the Holy Spirit we cannot take the full Bible at face value"

This is dangerous territory to tread upon.

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well one thing Mr. Brown cannot back with scriptures is the idea I have seen him post all over the place that everybody that does not agree with him is in "the milk"

he may have recently posted it a little different, but straightforward it appears Brother Brown is another self-proclaimed prophet who likes to say that only he can understand God. Elevating himself as the voice of reason and the only "true" mature Christian. No true Christian brother will do this. This is along the same lines of those people claiming that God told them the Bible is no longer valid and that in order to listen to the Holy Spirit we cannot take the full Bible at face value"

Oh my !! yes, If this is true Josh
it is very dangerous for anyone to exault themselves in pride
and if the case , let us pray for our brother :pray: lest we also fail the test . I dont want to be full of foolish pride and slip as well into that pit
I Love Galatians ,its very edifying to help us all walk in the Spirit of brotherly love as well as the warnings of How to walk in the Spirit before God 's throne of great grace .

much peace in Christ to all that Love Jesus peace Within their own conscience , being cleaned by His Blood and His righteousness ,,, C

Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Upvote 0

Brotherbrown

Jul 3, 2007
✟2,273.00
Faith
Christian

I said
I think your exaggerating. I have received these revelations. I have received over 1500 of them in the past 15 years. I have never claimed that anyone who does not agree with me is in the milk. If you think your in the meat just show me your revelations of Jesus Christ. The way I showed you. Then we will know for sure. Because the revelations of Jesus Christ that Paul spoke of are done with all verses.

Upvote 0

JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
my point is this: if somebody claims to have a revelation and the words they speak contradict the Bible overall, it is not from God. I met somebody that claimed that God told them part of the New Testament no longer matters, specifically verses relating to judgment, and also claimed though the Bible is important, it is a thing of the past, and claimed that people that fully trust the Bible are idolaters. This is an example of a "revelation" from satan to mix the truth with lies in order to make the "prophet" preach lies about the Lord.

It is the same with anybody who claims to have a revelation, but the revelation contradicts the teachings of the Bible. Even Satan gives ideas and visions. Being able to quote scripture does not make anybody a mature Christian. Neither do revelations that contradict the Gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brotherbrown

Jul 3, 2007
✟2,273.00
Faith
Christian
my point is this: if somebody claims to have a revelation and the words they speak contradict the Bible overall, it is not from God. I met somebody that claimed that God told them part of the New Testament no longer matters, specifically verses relating to judgment, and also claimed though the Bible is important, it is a thing of the past, and claimed that people that fully trust the Bible are idolaters. This is an example of a "revelation" from satan to mix the truth with lies in order to make the "prophet" preach lies about the Lord.

It is the same with anybody who claims to have a revelation, but the revelation contradicts the teachings of the Bible. Even Satan gives ideas and visions. Being able to quote scripture does not make anybody a mature Christian. Neither do revelations that contradict the Gospel.

I said
Let me say this. If no one ever received the revelations of Jesus Christ that Paul spoke of, they no one could learn the meat understanding or teach it. Everyone would just be dummies running around teaching the wrong things claiming they know. Wait we already have that dont we. All your excuses seem to fit you. Do you give all them excuses to others when you witness??? The revelation only seems to contradict the bible because most people dont believe the bible. They only believe the interpretations they have gotten from other deceived people. Like trinity, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, deity. None of these things are in the bible.

Upvote 0

JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I said
Let me say this. If no one ever received the revelations of Jesus Christ that Paul spoke of, they no one could learn the meat understanding or teach it. Everyone would just be dummies running around teaching the wrong things claiming they know. Wait we already have that dont we. All your excuses seem to fit you. Do you give all them excuses to others when you witness??? The revelation only seems to contradict the bible because most people dont believe the bible. They only believe the interpretations they have gotten from other deceived people. Like trinity, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, deity. None of these things are in the bible.

again you elevate yourself and proclaim everybody else is below you stating lies.

Matthew 28:18-20 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV) Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Colossians 2:9-11 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV) Public Domain

9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

also look at this:

Genesis 1:26

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 3:22

22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.

John 1:

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

God would not reveal to anybody that these parts of His Word are invalid.

If you say that only those who follow you are mature Christians, then you are deceiving yourself. Receiving "knowledge" that these are false are not what Paul spoke of.

Matthew 7:15-25 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV) Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

A Tree and Its Fruit

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. 21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Upvote 0

Brotherbrown

Jul 3, 2007
✟2,273.00
Faith
Christian
There you go again exaggerating. I have met others that are also in the meat. And they prove it to me the same way I prove it to them. By sharing them. What it really looks like here is your pride is being weakened because you ran across someone who knows more than you. I cant do nothing about that. That is your problem, not mine.
If you dont know these revelations then it is very obvious you havent come to this point in your walk. But myself and many others have. If you wasnt fighting so strongly against it we could help you into the meat understanding. But if your pride won't let you do that then just overlook these kind of threads.

Heb 5:12-6:3
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
CHAPTER 6
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this we will do if God permits.
(NKJ)

Upvote 0

JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There you go again exaggerating. I have met others that are also in the meat. And they prove it to me the same way I prove it to them. By sharing them. What it really looks like here is your pride is being weakened because you ran across someone who knows more than you. I cant do nothing about that. That is your problem, not mine.
sometimes it is quite amusing you are so full of yourself that you think people are jealous of you. i am not the least bit jealous of you and i don't agree that you know more than me and more than most people as you claim. You are puffed up with your self-revelations and personal comfort doctrine version you made up. Perhaps you are the one who has pride being weakened.

If you dont know these revelations then it is very obvious you havent come to this point in your walk. But myself and many others have. If you wasnt fighting so strongly against it we could help you into the meat understanding. But if your pride won't let you do that then just overlook these kind of threads.
God does not reveal that parts of the Bible are lies. you trying to say that mature christians learn parts of the Bible are lies, and then using other verses to support them is logical fallacy and insane. you are the one puffed up with pride, i do not feel weakened or jealous. im not so stupid as to think you are so great as you claim.

Heb 5:12-6:3
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
CHAPTER 6
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this we will do if God permits.
(NKJ)
yeah you certainly are experienced at ignoring some verses and taking other verses to try to prove you are great. But your actions already prove otherwise. these verses only prove God has different roles for some people who are strong in their faith. If you favor the word milk so much, why don't you buy some milk or a cow. you are only proving your own foolishness. that is why i hardly respond to you, not because i am weak, but because puffed-up people with their own twisted doctrine are a waste of time. I follow the Holy Spirit and the Bible, not new docrtrines that add and subtract from the Bible. making our own bibles does not make us mature, it makes us deceptive. I do not fellowship with wolves.

Upvote 0

Brotherbrown

Jul 3, 2007
✟2,273.00
Faith
Christian
sometimes it is quite amusing you are so full of yourself that you think people are jealous of you. i am not the least bit jealous of you and i don't agree that you know more than me and more than most people as you claim. You are puffed up with your self-revelations and personal comfort doctrine version you made up. Perhaps you are the one who has pride being weakened.

God does not reveal that parts of the Bible are lies. you trying to say that mature christians learn parts of the Bible are lies, and then using other verses to support them is logical fallacy and insane. you are the one puffed up with pride, i do not feel weakened or jealous. im not so stupid as to think you are so great as you claim.

yeah you certainly are experienced at ignoring some verses and taking other verses to try to prove you are great. But your actions already prove otherwise. these verses only prove God has different roles for some people who are strong in their faith. If you favor the word milk so much, why don't you buy some milk or a cow. you are only proving your own foolishness. that is why i hardly respond to you, not because i am weak, but because puffed-up people with their own twisted doctrine are a waste of time. I follow the Holy Spirit and the Bible, not new docrtrines that add and subtract from the Bible. making our own bibles does not make us mature, it makes us deceptive. I do not fellowship with wolves.

It appears you dont know what puffed up means. Go back and look at the threads. I dont go into other threads attacking or trying to discredit other peoples witness about what God has done in their lives. Only the lost and arrogant(full of pride) do this. I only share with all what God has done in my life. I dont have to discredit others to look good myself. Unlike you. I'm humble in the fact that all I'm doing is sharing. Your arrogant in the fact that your only witness is discrediting others. your a complainer.

Jude 1:14-16
14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints,
15 "to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him."
16 These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage.
(NKJ)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No... I do not believe beyond the bible, God clearly said in the bible that the bible is enough and it's a sin to go beyond what he said! :thumbsup:
I am also Solo Scriptura and 66 books of the Bible is quite sufficient for me........:angel:

1 Corinthians 4:6 These-things, yet brothers, I after-figure into myself and Apollos thru/because-of ye, that in us ye may be learning the no above that which hath been Written, that no one over the one ye may be puffed up against the other. ;)

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Beyond What Is Written
Paul warned us not to even think beyond what is written down.<snip>
Well then, let's hope you're never in need of a brain surgeon! For if you are, and that brain surgeon didn't do any thinkning beyond what is written in the Bible, you'll be in a whole heap o trouble!

Upvote 0

Brotherbrown

Jul 3, 2007
✟2,273.00
Faith
Christian
Well then, let's hope you're never in need of a brain surgeon! For if you are, and that brain surgeon didn't do any thinkning beyond what is written in the Bible, you'll be in a whole heap o trouble!

I said
Well if my beliefs are right I won't need a brain sergeon.

Luke 10:19
19 "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
(NKJ)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.