Don't Really Trust Him Any More

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, he won't give me the things I want until I trust him, and I won't trust him until he gives me the things I want? Catch-22 much?
Well what I mean is its not He won't give until you trust Him. Its even if you fully trust Him, you may not get what you want. Its not about us and what we want because sometimes He knows what we actually need instead. So its why our answers aren't always yes. For example I could use $1,000,000, a nice car, a big home, a pool table, a smartphone...etc. But its what I want, not what I need. Again if you see him as a genie then you will be disappointed.

Also, if I "have more that I could ever need", I wouldn't have anything to pray about. I f He thinks what I have now is what I need, He needs to re-examine his figures sheet. This is FAR less than I need.
Well your sayings you need more. So are you saying having a roof over your head, food to eat, money, internet is not enough? The bible also teachs humility, thankfulness and to be careful about greed. Which you may be displaying. Post to me what it is you think you need then. We can see if its fair or overboard.

As for the going through it for others thing, I am LESS sensitive and caring about people going through the same things I did. I have zero care about what someone else is going through good or bad. It simply isn't my business.[/QUOTE
Well this could also be why things aren't going your way (even though He may want otherwise). You are, as I said above, to show compassion and love. If you don't really care about anyone else then selfishness is your chosen idol over God. I was in your shoes and was selfish. I didn't get why God wouldn't do what I wanted. You want to know the next step for you if you go my path?

Hatred, jealousy, lust, greed, bitterness....etc. I hated people. Would cause trouble for people. I lied, I stole sometimes. I got heavily into inappropriate content, inappropriate content that is beyond dark. I swore, I hurt, I was evil. Not the evilest in the world but FAR from what a Christian should be. Until you change your life, God may not do anything. The whole thing about being born again is your old life stays behind you, your new life means new changes. Let go of the past if you want the future.

Also technically you say it isn't your business but what is Gods message when it comes being a christian? Sure there are lots of rules and what not. But we are to spread the Word of God. How can you spread it if you don't care about anything not your business. Remember the world sees how you act and what you do. If they see your a christian and see how you don't care, then they will laugh at you and say "LOL, christians are such a joke with their supposed love!". Just as children act like their parents as they grow, the world will act like you since they see you acting like how you do as a christian.

Also remember, God will judge you according to how you judge others. If I were you, that would scare me. If I was the old me, I would be SOOOO dead (so to speak) when I stood before God. I take it you are christian since you are listed as Baptist. Have you always been acting like this since you were saved? Or is this a more recent thing. Because if it was since you were saved I'd be asking some deep and more important question.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ok to reply to some of these:

Depression: That could be a possibility, but that would be just one more bad thing (painful experience, rough spot) that God could take care of, but doesn't.

Suffering of Biblical people: You think I haven't heard ALL of those before? Someone else's suffering has NO bearing on mine. And again, it just reinforces my point: God WANTS his people to suffer. Can't even really count on restoration. Job proves that one. Did God give him back the children that were taken from him because God had a bet with Satan? No. Personally, if I was Job, my wife wouldn't have needed to say, "Curse God and die." I'd have been there LONG before that point. I might have been able to come back to the faith after the livestock and servants, but losing the kids would've been the end.

Not answering prayers: Reread the original post. He does answer them, with, "No. And it will be twice as bad, because you asked me to keep that out of your life!"

God is beside me: I have never been comforted by a hand on my shoulder. In fact knowing that someone else is feeling sad because I am going through something makes it worse.
Hi questioning brother, I understand what you mean in original post. May I offer a couple of suggestions, the first one may be hard to do for you right now, but I still suggest it. (1) That is focus on your soul. That is what is hurting right now. Pray that the Holy Spirit gives you peace and comfort in your soul, the meeting place of you with God. You want that peace and comfort, (I think that could be the underlying problem that is bringing about the questioning, but I could be wrong) and that is the focus of your prayer to the Holy Spirit who is there in your soul. Think of the Holy Spirit cleaning your soul everyday of sin, cleaning it with the blood of Jesus, and making your soul holy for the day of redemption, as you are a child of God. That is the focus, I think you need right now, looking after your soul and what is going on there, as that is where you are meeting with God. As the Lord liveth, blessed be his name, the Rock of your Salvation.
(2) have another Christian like me pray the same prayer(s) to God, and you for me. You need some form of support. Contact me and start a private conversation. We just have to figure out the problem.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I might also say, questioning brother, you may be asking yourself - where is God? Say to yourself He is right here. He's in your soul. The Holy Spirit is real. My prayers are with you. Praying to God is an achievement in and of itself. I am glad you are here, sharing your questioning of God. What should we pray together about? Your finances? Your heath? Your relationships? The specifics you can keep private between you and God. But we can pray together on the general. As Christians we should be praying together for each other.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So, he won't give me the things I want until I trust him, and I won't trust him until he gives me the things I want? Catch-22 much?

Also, if I "have more that I could ever need", I wouldn't have anything to pray about. I f He thinks what I have now is what I need, He needs to re-examine his figures sheet. This is FAR less than I need.

As for the going through it for others thing, I am LESS sensitive and caring about people going through the same things I did. I have zero care about what someone else is going through good or bad. It simply isn't my business.

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. (James 4:8)
God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble. (James 4:6)
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you. (James 4:10)

Upvote 0