✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

May 31 ABC News

I don't think the media will refuse to stoop to any length of reporting to smear this man. Six million dollars raised and yet the implication before this was that he promised to raise the money but kept it.

He's a billionaire. Trump likely makes that six million plus in an hour on the principle of his overall money.
Good for Trump clearing this up.

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's funny because the media was in a frenzy and articles linked here in a post about how Trump lied about these contributions and fundraising. That's why I always say, don't believe everything you read. Trump is running circles around the media. Haha!

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
He continued, “I wanted to keep it private because I don’t think it’s anybody’s business if I want to send money to the vets.”

What a terrible man. If he wants to say it is nobody's business then he needs to stop using it to garner votes by claiming he is donating money.

If he wants to keep it private, then he should not tell anybody he is donating. That is something a truly giving person would do....give it unconditionally and without reward.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's funny because the media was in a frenzy and articles linked here in a post about how Trump lied about these contributions and fundraising. That's why I always say, don't believe everything you read. Trump is running circles around the media. Haha!
I'm pretty sure he intentionally delayed releasing the information to burn as many journalists as he can. Despite what some want to believe, Trump is very smart. He's played the media for fools time and time again, and gets free advertising in the process. In other words, he gets what he wants and they pay for it. Sound familiar?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I'm pretty sure he intentionally delayed releasing the information to burn as many journalists as he can. Despite what some want to believe, Trump is very smart. He's played the media for fools time and time again, and gets free advertising in the process. In other words, he gets what he wants and they pay for it. Sound familiar?
You are describing a troll, not a smart man. There is something wrong with Trump.

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The media makes a living off of being partisan. Fox is known to be Republican biased. MSNBC, Democratic, and so forth.

I'm glad Donald Trump came out with this announcement of the funds distribution to veterans groups. Though now the media will have to dig for other dirt to throw at his campaign before November.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

LOL!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

hahaaaa!

Brilliant.

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trump is not stupid. He's a brilliant business man and he's highly educated. The media commits to dumbing down the demographic. That lets Trump to play his game with the finesse that the media doesn't even see coming.

And the adversarial playacting between himself and the Clinton's is just part of the script. The Clinton's and Trump have been friends for years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Based on a few of the posts...

It seems as if people creating a no-win situation for him...

The opposition should be allowed to just accuse him (with impunity) of pocketing the cash, yet, if he publicly itemizes the donations to squash the accusation of theft, then "he's not really charitable because if he were, he would just keep it private".

He did try to keep it private, and people accused him pocketing the money...

There are plenty of legitimate reasons that people can use to criticize Trump (he has some outlandish policy ideas as we've all heard)...however accusing him of stealing charity money, simply to bait him into disclosing the donation information so that he can then be accused of "not truly being charitable because he's publicly talking about his donations to win political favor" is pretty weak...

c'mon folks, we can do better than that lol

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The opposition should be allowed to just accuse him (with impunity) of pocketing the cash, yet, if he publicly itemizes the donations to squash the accusation of theft, then "he's not really charitable because if he were, he would just keep it private".

There are plenty of legitimate reasons that people can use to criticize Trump (he has some outlandish policy ideas as we've all heard)...however accusing him of stealing charity money, simply to bait him into disclosing the donation information so that he can then be accused of "not truly being charitable because he's publicly talking about his donations to win political favor" is pretty weak...

Well said.
Hate is irrational isn't it? Hatred for Trump is no different and affords the same repercussions. Irrationality.

By the way, great signature. The perfect anti-Bern ad if I do say so.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

When his tax returns come out all his donations will be known if one looks/has access to the right page of the return.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
What a terrible man. If he wants to say it is nobody's business then he needs to stop using it to garner votes by claiming he is donating money.

If he wants to keep it private, then he should not tell anybody he is donating. That is something a truly giving person would do....give it unconditionally and without reward.

You obviously don't know the backstory and instead are casting aspersions on Trump. He held a fundraiser for vets. He gave the money to them. He never said he was going to say how much and exactly to whom it was given. So the media made up the story that he either didn't raise any or kept it for himself. Neither of which was true. The media did this to themselves completely. Their bad. He owns them!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You obviously don't know the backstory and instead are casting aspersions on Trump. He held a fundraiser for vets. He gave the money to them. He never said he was going to say how much and exactly to whom it was given. So the media made up the story that he either didn't raise any or kept it for himself. Neither of which was true. The media did this to themselves completely. Their bad. He owns them!
I will cast as many aspersions on Trump as I wish. He is a rotten person.

He made a big issue about donating to vets, so he is obligated to tell that he did in fact give. My point was if he wanted to keep the giving private he should have just been a good boy and gave in private. He got all the publicity for claiming he was going to give, so people called him out to be sure he gave.

Trump owns the media? LOL Do you now like the MSM since Trump owns them?

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump is not stupid. He's a brilliant business man and he's highly educated.

At the risk of being pedantic, Trump isn't "highly educated," and given his way with words, I think it's doubtful that he's anywhere close to "brilliant."

That's not to say that I don't think he's reasonably intelligent or good at certain flavors of real estate development and personal branding (respect where it's due), but a "brilliant" person would have more complicated speech patterns and a BS, even from an ivy league school, isn't what I'd call "highly educated."

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0