Does your church ROCK during Praise & Worship?

Shabach

Dec 8, 2004
✟117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think when it comes to hymns, that comes out of someone brokeness therefore it really makes sense most of the time when you find youself in a certain critical time in your life when a hymns come to life in your spirit. But it's a growing process but trust me, something will hit your life one day that STOMP can't bring you out of. Now that not to say that KIrk Franklin music isn't the bomb b/c it is hot. But there are some song that just ministers to you in a deep way.

Upvote 0

the_oblio

Dec 12, 2004
Ontario
✟15,200.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
we only use an organ, and occasionally a flute or something like that. Our organist is amazing, and I probably would prefer no rocking in church, just for the sake of being safe and not letting worldly influences creep in since the Bible has many many many warnings about that, and i find when it has a rock atmosphere, it tends to focus on the people more then God, its all of a sudden about how it feels and thats not what its about.

Upvote 0

radio ga ga

Jan 3, 2005
Visit site
✟152.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Of course not.

My church doesn't believe in using any sort of musical instrument during the worship service. We strictly sing hymns and that's all. I don't think it's appropreate to have a bunch of guitarists playing during the church service.

Upvote 0

skilltroks

Oct 13, 2004
The mitten state.
✟756.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
My church...is awesome. We have guitars, a bassist, couple of lead vocalist, drummer..in other words..we have a full band. Every one in awhile we do just acoustics with a Gospel choir. The people that go to the church worship like they want to be there. It's awesome! Then the youth group praise band..is awesome as well. We have guitar, bass, drums, and vocals for that. Plus it's really cool that all the band members are college level, so they know what style of music we like.

Upvote 0