Does salvation depend on wether we give up everything for God?

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear wr2. Jesus tells us in Matthews: " The first and great Commanment is: Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. The second Commandment is like it: Love thy neighbour as thyself." On these 2 Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. God gave us 10 Commandments, and Jesus gave us 2 Commandments and Jesus tells us All what God tells us in His 10 Commandments. God wants love from us, selfless and no conditions tagged on. I am sure that Jesus is making it easy for us to understand and easy to remember. We know what is love-based and also what has no love at all, and is unkind or plain selfish. Everything we say, or do, must be from love or consideration for our fellow-men or fellow-sisters. Whatever your hobby will be, you will know if it is a good and kind thing you are doing, or unkind and selfish, and will cause upsets. God is no spoilsport, God is Love and He is our loving Heavenly Father, and all things we do, or say should be kind and caring. God will approve and give us His Blessings. God made us Good, He made us in His image, and we alone in this Universe can think and reason, we know what is Good and what is Not Good. I say this with love, wr2. Greetings from Emmy, sister in Christ.

Reactions: Habakk
Upvote 0

Habakk

Prayer Team †
Jun 10, 2011
Teesside
✟36,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your first sentence is correct. God graciously grants us the gift of saving faith in Christ alone for our salvation. This is pure gospel.

The second sentence, however, would turn us back to the law. We cannot look to works done as a requirement for salvation to either save us or maintain our salvation (Rom 4).

It might be stretching a point a little to suggest compassion, kindness and responsibility is a return to the law. The admonition found in James encourages doing works of faith. “Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.” James 2:18

I am not saying that works are required for salvation just that we have to be careful in all things in our Christian walk.

Upvote 0