Does Palestine have any right to any land in the Middle-East?

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think so. Just read the story of what Abraham said to Ismael, the son of Hager. Israel has a right to the land in the Middle-East. Therefore, they are fighting now over land that doesn't belong to Palestine

May God bless, John

If my chipmonk was born in my yard, then that
chipmonk has the right to live on my land. Why
can't it be the same with humans?

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Bottom line is that there will never be a lasting peace over there but Israel has every right to that land and as far as Im concerned they should eliminate all who say they have no right to exist. To the Paklestinians peace is only if you are weak, you fight if you think you are strong. With that as neighbors lobbing rockets at them I think they show great restraint, a loot more than the US would if that was happening here from Mexico or Canada, they would be parking lots or annexed by now if it was us yet we who are safe get to sit back and judge people who we have absolutely no idea of what they are going through.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bottom line is that there will never be a lasting peace over there but Israel has every right to that land and as far as Im concerned they should eliminate all who say they have no right to exist.

That's a pleasant idea.

So if I think the State of Israel shouldn't exist, should I be executed too?

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Bottom line is that there will never be a lasting peace over there but Israel has every right to that land and as far as Im concerned they should eliminate all who say they have no right to exist. To the Paklestinians peace is only if you are weak, you fight if you think you are strong. With that as neighbors lobbing rockets at them I think they show great restraint, a loot more than the US would if that was happening here from Mexico or Canada, they would be parking lots or annexed by now if it was us yet we who are safe get to sit back and judge people who we have absolutely no idea of what they are going through.

Nice to see the idea of Jesus teaching you to love your neighbour as yourself somehow doesn't mean anything to you.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Nice to see the idea of Jesus teaching you to love your neighbour as yourself somehow doesn't mean anything to you.
One, read the Old testament and see what Gopd has to say about those who come against Israel and last time I checked it said turn the other cheek, not continue to let them murder and kill and lob rockets at you. It seems that your ideas are a little one sided.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
And jesus came to not only save us but to fufill the Law. You seem to forget that as well. But sure keep using the bible to justify pure hate.

Truly sad.
Fulfill, not do away with, did He not say that not one jot or tittle would pass away? Last time I looked self defense was not hate

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fulfill, not do away with, did He not say that not one jot or tittle would pass away? Last time I looked self defense was not hate

What exactly does "fulfill" mean then?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟736,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That's a pleasant idea.

So if I think the State of Israel shouldn't exist, should I be executed too?

Oh it's more than that. It's not just Palestinians who are antagonistic against the Israeli state who are to be made to disappear, it's being a Palestinian at all. What's being advocated is effectively die Endlösung der Palästinafrage.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What exactly does "fulfill" mean then?
It means that He was without sin and did what we cannot, He kept the law. As for the other poster that is just ludicrus and while I do keep the feasts and the Sabbeth as well as some other things that I think show Jesus so well and we are actually commanded to keep the feasts as Gods, not Jewish and four we are commanded to keep forever, do you? And no I am not laying law on you, just pointing out one aspect that very few ever see, that the feasts are Gods and not Jewish and that we are commanded to keep four of them eternally

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟736,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It means that He was without sin and did what we cannot, He kept the law. As for the other poster that is just ludicrus and while I do keep the feasts and the Sabbeth as well as some other things that I think show Jesus so well and we are actually commanded to keep the feasts as Gods, not Jewish and four we are commanded to keep forever, do you? And no I am not laying law on you, just pointing out one aspect that very few ever see, that the feasts are Gods and not Jewish and that we are commanded to keep four of them eternally

So you practice cafeteria style pseudo-Judaism with a bit of Christianity on the side.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Speaking of "eminent domain", one of my old chess partners had taken a legal position with the City of Dallas. His first case was against "the church"! It was the Catholic church and my boss was representing the Knights of Columbus (and the church).

Somehow I mentioned the lawyers name at a staff meeting, one of our girls used to date him, and my boss was "fighting" him! What's worse is that he's a pretty good guy and his very first case was against "the church"!

Anyway, back to the topic. I believe all of the land is Israel's. They were cast out though in judgment, but the promise was to Abraham and his seed. If you've ever seen a map of how much land that really is, it is shocking! It's way more than anything they're bickering over now.

I think (personally) Israel made a mistake to give back part of Jerusalem when everybody tried to kick their buts in the last war. Even though they won decisively, for some reason they gave them a "quarter". As a result, you hear the Islamists blaring their prayers in sight of the temple mount, which they really don't even control.

If you watch Hal Lindsey's "The Big Lie" on Youtube (15 minutes), he explains how the palestinians were given land to live on and the guys who took Jordan (when all of these kingdoms were first made) kept the money and acted like the Palenstinians didn't belong. They kept them in "limbo" ever since.

If you had neighbors raining rockets down on you, you'd keep them as far away as you could. I can assure you, if Canada (bless them) started sending rockets across the border to America, we'd be over their fast!

America has no business telling Israel what to do in the Palestinian issue. I think it brings a curse to pressure them in the way they do. It displays ignorance and blindness in the Word of God. It has nothing to do with the current state of godliness the people of Israel exhibit. Many of them don't even believe in God any more!

It has everything to do with the promise God made to Abraham and the land was promised to them. The nation reformed was a promise. I hope one day in my lifetime, they take the temple mount back and control it all, build a temple and occupy it. (I should add, not because animal sacrifices are suddenly going to become "righteous" anymore, but as the Lord once said prophetically, "Israel is preparing for My return.".)

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
One can't truly love and follow God if one rejects Yisrael. Because Messiah represents Yisrael, he is not only the full representation of God on earth, he is also the full representation of Yisrael in the flesh. God will redeem physical Yisrael. Anyone who says otherwise does not know God nor his plan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟736,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
One can't truly love and follow God if one rejects Yisrael.

The modern state of Israel is of no more importance than any other existing nation in the world. If I said, "One can't truly love and follow God if one rejects Papua New Guinea." it would make as much sense.

But as it stands, I'm not seeing anyone here who "rejects Israel". Nobody is saying the secular democracy known as Israel doesn't have a right to exist as a sovereign nation. What we're saying is that Israel doesn't have a right to exterminate an entire group of people, the Palestinians. And some of us believe that Palestine has as much a right to exist as Israel does.

Because Messiah represents Yisrael, he is not only the full representation of God on earth, he is also the full representation of Yisrael in the flesh.
You know, I actually agree with this. The problem of course is that you apparently think the modern state of Israel is that Israel, it's not. But yes Jesus is the Israel of God, as are all who are His. Which is why the Israel of God isn't a national entity in the Middle East, it is the redeemed of all nations--Jew and Gentile--who baptized into Christ are clothed with Christ; as Christ Himself being the promised Seed of Abraham, all who are Christ's are Abraham's Seed, through faith. As the Scriptures teach.

God will redeem physical Yisrael. Anyone who says otherwise does not know God nor his plan.
Anyone who believes that the overarching purposes of God throughout history and all creation, and the sending of His Son, our Lord Jesus the Messiah, is purely over a piece of real estate in the Middle East has clearly never read the Bible.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟736,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If you watch Hal Lindsey's "The Big Lie" on Youtube (15 minutes),

Really, Hal Lindsey?

There's a guy down the road who believes the squirrels talk to him in his sleep. Perhaps we could refer to him as an expert.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So you practice cafeteria style pseudo-Judaism with a bit of Christianity on the side.

-CryptoLutheran
Whatever your senses want to tell you, I am Christan and if that isnt good enough for you then look elsewhere as I think our discussion is done

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
One can't truly love and follow God if one rejects Yisrael. Because Messiah represents Yisrael, he is not only the full representation of God on earth, he is also the full representation of Yisrael in the flesh. God will redeem physical Yisrael. Anyone who says otherwise does not know God nor his plan.
Exactly! Although I doubt some of these would recognize no matter what

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really, Hal Lindsey?

There's a guy down the road who believes the squirrels talk to him in his sleep. Perhaps we could refer to him as an expert.

His citing of Hal Lindsey makes it even more clear where he is coming from with all of this. :doh:

Upvote 0