New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
✟8,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This last year has been very difficult with one thing on top of another. I have no issue going through a rough patch. However, I have been praying to God for answers and some relief, and He has been silent. I honestly don't see a way things will improve. This is an honest question: is this his way of telling me I should end my dialysis and let myself pass away? Part of me thinks this is what He is saying, but I'm so conflicted.

Thanks for your answers.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Sadly, many dialysis patients eventually die because they decide to stop going to dialysis. Don't go the self-destructive route with this. That is way more common than people making tough decisions the right way.

If I were you, I'd do a few things before making any decisions. First, I'd go to counseling and find a chaplain to talk to. Next, I'd sit down with my doctors and ask them to be brutally honest regarding my options- such as if a transplant is even possible for me and how my health is otherwise. Then, I would talk it over with my family.

Maybe it is time to breach the idea of going into palliative care. With palliative care, the idea (in many cases) is to still receive treatment for your condition, but the focus is absolutely on alleviating pain and discomfort and trying to improve your quality of life. Essentially, it's comfort care that still has a focus on receiving treatment. Hospice is different because it is solely about comfort care without curative treatment. What you absolutely should not do is to just decide to stop dialysis without any help whatsoever. That way is painful, brutal, and bitter. You don't want that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hold fast to the confession of your faith. That does not mean stop your dialysis! The word says many things about health and healing.
The first thing is to know what God has already said about His provisions for your health and healing. It is important that you hold fast to these confessions... even when there is no evidence of physical improvement.
Remember in the epistle to the Hebrews.
It is impossible to please God without faith, for those who come to God must believe that He is AND that He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him.
Paul then gives many examples of believers who prayed diligently even until they died and yet never saw the answer to their prayers. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. They believed and confessed the word of God, even to the end.
This is what we have to do. Faith is evidence of things not seen. You may not see what you are praying for. But faith believes it is there. Faith professes the truth. It never contradicts what God said. It never believes or says you do not have what He said you DO have.
Many people will tell you this is not true. Many will put qualifications on your healing and health. Do not listen to them. Stand with God. Stand on His word. They will explain away these scriptures and say they are not for you. They ARE!
This is your life. This is your faith. He is your Lord and God. Stand with Him!

Psalm 103:2-3 NKJV
Bless the Lord O my soul and forget not all His benefits; Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases.

Isaiah 53:4-5 AMP
Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains (of punishment)…
And with the stripes (that wounded) Him we are healed and made whole.

1 Peter 2:24 NKJV
who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

Matthew 8:17 AMP
He Himself took (in order to carry away) our weaknesses and infirmities and bore away our diseases.

Psalm 107:20 NKJV
He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Proverbs 4:20-23 NKJV
My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.
Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.

James 5:14-15 NKJV
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Isaiah 38:16 AMP
O Lord, by these things men live, and in all these is the life of my spirit; restore me to health and let me live!

The devil will come to you and say "hath god said" and try to talk you out of what God has provided for you. Just hit him with these scriptures and do not back up. What have you got to lose?

Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This last year has been very difficult with one thing on top of another. I have no issue going through a rough patch. However, I have been praying to God for answers and some relief, and He has been silent. I honestly don't see a way things will improve. This is an honest question: is this his way of telling me I should end my dialysis and let myself pass away? Part of me thinks this is what He is saying, but I'm so conflicted.

Thanks for your answers.
Please do not stop your treatments! GOD is there trust me, he knows what you need, pray from the heart and with conviction and always think of him, he is with you. Please do not lose faith! please stay with us.

Blessings and Love,

JFF

• Friendly
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please don’t stop treatment!

I recommend posting in the chaplains area about this.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No. When God wants you to die, you will die regardless of treatments. He apparently is not done with you. There are two perspectives on medicine relative to God and faith. One says that medicine is turning to man instead of God for healing. The other says that modern medicine is in answer to centuries of prayer for curing of disease. I tend to go for the second one. Even Biblically, Paul advised Timothy to drink wine for his stomach (essentially drink something to kill the gut germs).

Now that being said, don't expect God to heal you. He probably won't. He prefers the person has died and, now he is healed approach.

Upvote 0