Does God still hear me if I might not be saved?

peterparker

Dec 3, 2007
✟15,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I accept repentance as it is: Necessary for Christ to save me. I can't be saved without it, I give up. But repentance is hard if not impossible for me. So many sins (that may or may not be sins), so many bad thought patterns. I just can't seem to reach that true repentance.

My question then is, if I ask God for help in repenting will he at least hear me? The reason I ask is that I have heard that if you are not saved God doesn't hear you, much less answers your prayers. Is this true? If it is, how will I ever be able to do the thing necessary to be saved (repent). I need God to help me repent. Will he still hear my prayers if I'm unsaved?

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thing is you cant repent without God. you are right you need God. repentance isnt an instant thing always. While there is alot of stuff that can be cut off imediately there are some things that meed to be worked on.

For example when I smoked cigeretes, that was not an instant thing, God had to work with me on that.

What yur problem is you are stressing yourself out so much your driving yourself bonkers ;)

By all your posts it really sounds like you wish to turn away from all the things that offends Him.

I couldnt imagine God ever ignoring you while you are sincerly trying to repent. In fact it isnt biblical that He would ignore you.

There are some verses in the OT that say God will hide himself from us to those who refuse to repent. they think they will get their prayers answered and be protected but yet they refuse to repent from their evil ways, So God didnt hear them.

That is what im guessing maybe where your friend got that idea..

This isnt even your case..

whenever someone says something to you its always best to compare it to what God says.

Upvote 0

cdiller79

Aug 19, 2008
✟7,659.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Peter Parker,

In the book of Acts, there is a story of a man named Cornelius who prayed to God even though he wasn't saved. God heard his prayer and sent Peter to witness to him. I think the principle we can take from this is that if you are truly trying to seek God, He is going to hear you.

The other thing that I should mention to you is that repentence is a change of heart. You are going one direction and then you relize you are on the wrong road and you go the other direction. After a person gets saved, they are still going to sin. The point is that we see sin as God sees it and we make a conscious effort to avoid it. If you have accepted Christ as your Saviour then you are a saved man. None of us will reach perfection until we have a new body in heaven. Sometimes people take repentance to an extreme, but if we have to not sin, then it becomes a work salvation again, and if we can work to get to heaven then why did Jesus die?

Feel free to pm me if you have further questions.

Upvote 0

cdiller79

Aug 19, 2008
✟7,659.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Peter Parker,

In the book of Acts, there is a story of a man named Cornelius who prayed to God even though he wasn't saved. God heard his prayer and sent Peter to witness to him. I think the principle we can take from this is that if you are truly trying to seek God, He is going to hear you.

The other thing that I should mention to you is that repentence is a change of heart. You are going one direction and then you relize you are on the wrong road and you go the other direction. After a person gets saved, they are still going to sin. The point is that we see sin as God sees it and we make a conscious effort to avoid it. If you have accepted Christ as your Saviour then you are a saved man. None of us will reach perfection until we have a new body in heaven. Sometimes people take repentance to an extreme, but if we have to not sin, then it becomes a work salvation again, and if we can work to get to heaven then why did Jesus die?

Feel free to pm me if you have further questions.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Sure God hears you. He has been communicating with you already many times without you even recognising that He is.

Repentance is seeing something from God' s perspective. Most often that means suddenly understanding something new and relevant about God and our Christian life. Then we want to embrace that, and put old concepts away.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

cdiller79

Aug 19, 2008
✟7,659.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sure God hears you. He has been communicating with you already many times without you even recognising that He is.

Repentance is seeing something from God' s perspective. Most often that means suddenly understanding something new and relevant about God and our Christian life. Then we want to embrace that, and put old concepts away.

John
NZ

Nicely Put, John.

Upvote 0

bsd13

Jan 31, 2008
North of Boston Ma
✟1,037.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok, I accept repentance as it is: Necessary for Christ to save me. I can't be saved without it, I give up. But repentance is hard if not impossible for me. So many sins (that may or may not be sins), so many bad thought patterns. I just can't seem to reach that true repentance.

My question then is, if I ask God for help in repenting will he at least hear me? The reason I ask is that I have heard that if you are not saved God doesn't hear you, much less answers your prayers. Is this true? If it is, how will I ever be able to do the thing necessary to be saved (repent). I need God to help me repent. Will he still hear my prayers if I'm unsaved?

Hi,

I have a question for you. Are you wanting to be saved because you love the Lord and want him to be your King for all eternity or are you wanting to be saved because you fear being thrown into hell?

It might seem like an odd question, but it goes to the heart of your issue. You can't have a repentant heart if you aren't doing it for the right reasons. If you are trying to repent just so you don't have to face hell and judgment you'll never be able to do it. But if you desire to repent because you earnestly want to know and love God then yes he will answer your prayers and change your heart.

Funny thing with God changing our hearts is he doesn't do it with a supernatural snap of his fingers. It's not *poof* and you're suddenly a changed person. It's a process that he takes us through step by step. He deals with us on every level and it takes time and sometimes it is painful. But if you let him do his work on you you'll come through it with the repentant heart you desire.

So the short answer is yes, if you truly want to repent out of love and a recognition of his supreme authority over every single thing you do in life he will hear and answer your prayers. I say this because it lines up with his will. On the other hand if you just want to have a repentant heart to escape the hell we so richly deserve then I wouldn't count on him listening to you at all.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Did you ask Jesus for the Holy Spirit to give you the strength to grow as a christian? We can't do this without it. Our human efforts alone will fail. Take one day at a time - and you will want to sin less - its a life long lifestyle of daily crucifying our flesh. Again, take one day at a time. God will answer your prayers because you care. Notice we will never be sinless because we arn't in heaven - but we won't practice sin willingly.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

My question then is, if I ask God for help in repenting will he at least hear me?
Mate, he hears all cries for HELP!

But, so does Satan and his forces, and if they know you are struggling then they will continue to torment and harass, and to tempt you to make you fall again and again.

Repentance works with confession and forgiveness. His Word says to confess your sins to one another. Have you confessed your sins?

Repentance means that you will not do it again. Repentance isn't feeling remorseful.

The reason I ask is that I have heard that if you are not saved God doesn't hear you, much less answers your prayers. Is this true?
Mate to be a follower of our Lord Jesus Christ you need to be saved and become "born again".

Well mate, HE hears you, but if you are not saved and born again, then you are not one of His Sheep. Have you given your life to our Lord Jesus Christ?

If it is, how will I ever be able to do the thing necessary to be saved (repent).
Being saved has nothing to do with repentance.

The Gift of Salvation is what it is, it's a GIFT. Once you say the sinners prayer, and believe that our Lord Jesus Christ is our Almighty God, born of a virgin, HE died on the Cross for your sins, and HE rose three days later, and now sits on the throne in Heaven, then you are saved.

I need God to help me repent. Will he still hear my prayers if I'm unsaved?
Mate, HE will hear your prayers, but you are not SAVED.

Do you want to be saved?

Read this below:

The most important decision that any person can make in their life is to make a sincere commitment to follow our Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour, Master, King and Lord of their life. Our Lord Jesus Christ is standing before you today, right now, this very second, with His arms open wide saying, “Trust Me. Believe in Me. I love you and want to have a personal relationship with you!”

Our Lord Jesus Christ is not only our defender, but He died on a cross to make a new and exciting life possible for us. The dark Occultic world of Satan may have held a certain appeal to you in your past life, but that is only temporary---God, our Lord Jesus Christ has much more to offer you, in a satisfying and purposeful relationship with Him.

Before you can experience all of this you must choose to follow our Lord Jesus Christ. No one can make this decision for you.

If you haven’t decided to follow our Lord Jesus Christ, here is your opportunity to do so now. Freedom from the power of darkness begins when you surrender your life continuously to our Lord Jesus Christ. It is the “truth that sets you free” (John 8:32), not the half-truth!

In John 14:6, our Lord Jesus Christ said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” If you want to establish the most important relationship of your life by opening your heart to our Lord Jesus Christ, the following steps need to be followed:

1. Admit that you are sinner and have a need for a relationship with our Heavenly Father through our Lord Jesus Christ.

“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Rom. 3:23).

2. Be willing to confess and repent by turning away from your sin and start living you life depending on God, our Lord Jesus Christ.

“That if confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (Rom. 10:9).

3. Believe that our Lord Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and after three days rose from the grave.

“But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Rom. 5:8).

4. By a simple act of faith, through prayer, invite our Lord Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit.

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come to him and dine with him, and he with Me” (Rev. 3:20).

To begin the “Steps of Freedom” from the power of darkness pray the following prayers aloud, and if possible with another believer.

Prayer of Ownership:

Heavenly Father, I come to You through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I admit that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness.

I believe that Your son, our Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins and I want to turn away from my sins and start following Him.

I now invite You, our Lord Jesus Christ to come into my heart and life.

I want to trust You as my King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Saviour and the Master of my life and there is no other master in my life.

I acknowledge that our Lord Jesus Christ who is God; was born of a virgin; came to earth in the flesh; died on the cross; arose from the grave three days later; and now sits at the right hand of His Father, our Heavenly Father.

I now confirm that You, my Lord Jesus Christ that You are my King, Lord, Saviour, Master and my Almighty God.

I pray this in Jesus’ Name. (AMEN)

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear peterparker. When Jesus died on the Cross, He took all our past sins away with Him, He freed us and reconciled us to God. Jesus also taught us to pray " give us today our daily bread, and forgive us our sins as we forgive them, that sin against us." Daily means: pray every day and ask for forgiveness. Jesus also gave 2 Commandments, ( they contain all 10 Commandments which God gave us) 1) Love God with all your hearts, with all your souls, and with all your minds. 2) Love each other, as you love yourself. Jesus will help and guide us, if we ask Him. To repent means to ask daily for forgiveness, and to exchange our selfish and wilful natures, into loving selflessly, with kind hearts and helping hands. We have been given many years to learn, peter, and we can ask daily for forgiveness. God will hear us when we pray with sincerety. We are saved when wweask God into our hearts, and God will give us His Holy Spirit to help and guide us. I say this humbly and with assurance, peterparker. Greetings from Emmy, sister in Christ. P.S. God loves us and wants all of us back.

Reactions: Jayangel81
Upvote 0

BigNorsk

Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
✟18,457.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

The answer to what you are asking is actually in all likelihood based in your theology. It's right down in that little word "repentance" and the problem you have been having in understanding repentance. I had thought you understood, but misunderstanding it is why you are having this problem. Even though you believe, you think you must not be repentant and therefore an unforgiven sinner, and so you are wondering if God hears you.

The thing is, you are clearly a repentant sinner, forgiven by God.

People have fought and died over the understanding of that word, it's that important, this was a big part of the battle of the Reformation.

Catholicism taught that repentance is a three part word. It involves 1. contrition 2. faith 3. satisfaction.

Then Luther came along and the understanding of repentance is much different. Repentance is two parts. 1. Contrition and 2. Faith.

What happened to satisfaction? Well Jesus Christ paid for your sins. It's Christ alone, not Christ gets you started and then you finish.

It's a huge difference. You are thinking you aren't forgiven because you think that peterparker is a part of it. You aren't accepting Christ alone.

Let's see how the doctrine of justification is actually changed by just that difference.

The doctrine of justification is we are saved by grace alone through faith alone for Christ's sake alone.

Needing satisfaction for the forgiveness of sins changes that to one is saved through God's earned love, through faith and works, for the sake of Christ and you.

Now if you've added satisfaction to your understanding of repentance, I would say you certainly are doomed to failure. You'd be sitting there thinking, If I really repented, then I'd never do that sin again. Right? And guess what, you are going to sin again and that's just going to confirm to you that you didn't really repent and so you didn't really receive forgiveness and so you are doomed, right?

You are thinking that based on what you do, you didn't really repent and therefore God doesn't forgive.

Christ alone works very well. When Satan is assailing you and doubts are flying in your head, you look to the cross and you think how there is nothing you could do, no sin more powerful than the blood of Jesus, and God's forgiveness doesn't depend on you being good or good enough but totally on the perfection of Jesus. And since Jesus is indeed perfect, well of course you are forgiven, how could you even doubt? And now you are filled with faith, and that completes repentance. You receive God's grace through faith totally for the sake of Christ.

See how nice that is. That's why it's called the gospel, the good news.

Anything that relies on satisfaction, relies on you, and that's not good news, because you are going to fail. And then the usual response is to whip yourself into a frenzy as you work harder and so you end up looking kind of like a roach in a microwave that's turned on, and then one day comes when just like that roach, you explode.

I'd suggest going for the gospel instead of scurrying trying to be good enough to earn God's forgiveness. Relying on yourself and your works is very dangerous. Rely on Jesus and his works instead, they are sure and trustworthy.

Marv

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peterparker

Dec 3, 2007
✟15,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I have a question for you. Are you wanting to be saved because you love the Lord and want him to be your King for all eternity or are you wanting to be saved because you fear being thrown into hell?

It might seem like an odd question, but it goes to the heart of your issue. You can't have a repentant heart if you aren't doing it for the right reasons. If you are trying to repent just so you don't have to face hell and judgment you'll never be able to do it. But if you desire to repent because you earnestly want to know and love God then yes he will answer your prayers and change your heart.

The sad and scarry thing is that I want to repent to avoid Hell. I guess I don't mind Jesus being my King and all, but wanting to "be obidient to a God I love" isn't really me. So I really hope you're wrong in some way.

Yes, I've prayed the sinners prayer that some churches like to do, I've simply begged and asked for Mercy, for salvation, for the Holy Spirit, and evrything else I caould do (yes, for fear of hell, and not out of love and obedience, I'll be honest). I've tried to be obedient and repent on my own, but most of it is superficial and breaks apart fast. And yes, like I said, all to try to save myself, not really to be a better person. I feel there's so much I should repent about and can't. And from my understanding repentance is necessary for salvation:

Matthew 4:17
[BIBLE]From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."[/BIBLE]

Mark 6:12
[BIBLE]They went out and preached that people should repent.[/BIBLE]

Acts 2:38
[BIBLE]Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.[/BIBLE]

Acts 17:30
[BIBLE]In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.[/BIBLE]

Acts 26:20
[BIBLE]First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.[/BIBLE]

Revelations 2:5
[BIBLE]Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.[/BIBLE]

And there's more. In all of these God seems to have repentance as a prerequisite for salvation, and on top of it, it seems like repentence is something I need to do. There is one verse that I forget that mentions repentance being a gift, but what of all these. Is repentance a command or a gift? And will I be offered that gift if I never love God and want to be righteous?

I have asked Jesus, to come into me, to change me, to save me. I have no idea what giving my life to Jesus means, but I've asked God to help me do that too. But I still desire to do some sins. I still haven't repented for so many things, and I don't know what to do to repent. If I can't repent for all my sins I'm afraid that I am lost.

That's why I hope God can hear me even if I might not be saved.

Upvote 0

bsd13

Jan 31, 2008
North of Boston Ma
✟1,037.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The sad and scarry thing is that I want to repent to avoid Hell. I guess I don't mind Jesus being my King and all, but wanting to "be obidient to a God I love" isn't really me. So I really hope you're wrong in some way.

Yes, I've prayed the sinners prayer that some churches like to do, I've simply begged and asked for Mercy, for salvation, for the Holy Spirit, and evrything else I caould do (yes, for fear of hell, and not out of love and obedience, I'll be honest). I've tried to be obedient and repent on my own, but most of it is superficial and breaks apart fast. And yes, like I said, all to try to save myself, not really to be a better person. I feel there's so much I should repent about and can't. And from my understanding repentance is necessary for salvation:

Matthew 4:17
[bible]From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."[/bible]

Mark 6:12
[bible]They went out and preached that people should repent.[/bible]

Acts 2:38
[bible]Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.[/bible]

Acts 17:30
[bible]In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.[/bible]

Acts 26:20
[bible]First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.[/bible]

Revelations 2:5
[bible]Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.[/bible]

And there's more. In all of these God seems to have repentance as a prerequisite for salvation, and on top of it, it seems like repentence is something I need to do. There is one verse that I forget that mentions repentance being a gift, but what of all these. Is repentance a command or a gift? And will I be offered that gift if I never love God and want to be righteous?

I have asked Jesus, to come into me, to change me, to save me. I have no idea what giving my life to Jesus means, but I've asked God to help me do that too. But I still desire to do some sins. I still haven't repented for so many things, and I don't know what to do to repent. If I can't repent for all my sins I'm afraid that I am lost.

That's why I hope God can hear me even if I might not be saved.

Yes repentance is necessary for salvation, but you must never forget grace. Grace says where you fall short, where sin overtakes you Christ steps in on your behalf.

There are many things I repent of only to find myself back in the same filth a day or two later. The thing is that in my heart of hearts I want to stop, I see the depth of my depravity before a Holy God. And each time I repent I ask that God give me strength not to go wallowing in it again. And each time I get a little stronger and a little stronger. Nowhere in the Bible does it indicate that repentance is a one time thing. From my understanding the Greek tells us that we must continue to repent. I don't read Greek, but that's what I've been told.

God never promised us that it would be an instant conversion. I mean he never said we'd go from being one way to another without any process. You may think your only reason for wanting to be saved is to avoid hell, but the fact that you can acknowledge you need God to give you the heart to repent is a pretty clear indication to me that he is working in your life already.

I mean do you really believe without God answering your prayers to intervene on your behalf you'd have any concern or consideration? I doubt it.

The next step is to actually have faith that you are saved. Not because you've repented and done it perfectly. Not because you've prayed the right prayers or attended the right services. Have faith that you are saved because God promised that whoever believes in him (Jesus Christ) will be saved!

That's what I call blessed assurance. It's a promise from God who can not lie, and who never changes. If you've truly believed on Christ and you've repented then you are saved. Not because man says so, but because God says so.

How is your prayer life? Do you spend some time each and every day just talking with God? How about reading his Word? How much time a day do you do that? It's hard to have a relationship with someone who totally ignores you. So if you're feeling like God just isn't there for you and that's why you don't "feel" like you've repented maybe it is you who isn't there for God?

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Peter,

You are struggling with many spiritual problems, and you need "inner healing" and to be set free from captivity and delivered from evil and healing, and possibly your broken-heart healed as well.

You can speak the sinner's prayer, or salvation prayer, but if it's not prayed from you heart, then those words are worthless, and Satan and his forces will continue to attack you, torment you and harass you.

There are six types of Christians, such as wayside, stony, thorny, 30-fold, 60-fold, and 100-fold. I am sorry my dear Peter, but you need heart soil in your "soul", and it appears that you have no heart soil or good foundation of His Word.

Just praying a prayer of salvation isn't magic. You have to do the groundwork and the hard yards in front of the Cross to Free in our Lord Jesus Christ. You need TRUTH, the TRUTH that will set you free.

You need to sort your "soul" out, because the enemy is still living in your "house".

Your "house is empty, swept, and put in order".

There is no "quick fix" for the problems that you are suffering from, because the enemy still has a hold of your life. You need to speak to a good GOD-anointed Christian counsellor in the Healing and Deliverance ministry.

You need "inner healing" Peter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peterparker

Dec 3, 2007
✟15,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes repentance is necessary for salvation, but you must never forget grace. Grace says where you fall short, where sin overtakes you Christ steps in on your behalf.

There are many things I repent of only to find myself back in the same filth a day or two later. The thing is that in my heart of hearts I want to stop, I see the depth of my depravity before a Holy God. And each time I repent I ask that God give me strength not to go wallowing in it again. And each time I get a little stronger and a little stronger. Nowhere in the Bible does it indicate that repentance is a one time thing. From my understanding the Greek tells us that we must continue to repent. I don't read Greek, but that's what I've been told.

Ok... Yes, that is repentance.

God never promised us that it would be an instant conversion. I mean he never said we'd go from being one way to another without any process. You may think your only reason for wanting to be saved is to avoid hell, but the fact that you can acknowledge you need God to give you the heart to repent is a pretty clear indication to me that he is working in your life already.

I mean do you really believe without God answering your prayers to intervene on your behalf you'd have any concern or consideration? I doubt it.

The next step is to actually have faith that you are saved. Not because you've repented and done it perfectly. Not because you've prayed the right prayers or attended the right services. Have faith that you are saved because God promised that whoever believes in him (Jesus Christ) will be saved!
I would really like to believe this. That believing in Christ is enough, but the passages I posted make me doubt.

That's what I call blessed assurance. It's a promise from God who can not lie, and who never changes. If you've truly believed on Christ and you've repented then you are saved. Not because man says so, but because God says so.
Hehe. Man sometimes... sometimes. So if I believe in Christ and repent I'm saved? That's it? Wow, thanks you solved my problem. No wait, you didn't. You just basically hammered it in harder. If my problem was "I repent all the time but I can't stop sinning", you would have helped me alot, but that's not my problem. It seems like many people are ready to address this issue.

Whats the weather like in your area? Just believe in Christ and repent and you'll be saved!!!

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Just believe in Christ and repent and you'll be saved!!!

How many planets are in our solar system? Just believe in Christ and repent and you'll be saved!!!

I have a hard time repenting? Just believe in Christ and repent and you'll be saved!!!

How is your prayer life? Do you spend some time each and every day just talking with God? How about reading his Word? How much time a day do you do that? It's hard to have a relationship with someone who totally ignores you. So if you're feeling like God just isn't there for you and that's why you don't "feel" like you've repented maybe it is you who isn't there for God?

Yes, yes, yes, a lot.

Ok. I'm being rude and sarcastic now, so I'm going to call it quits on this thread. My original questions were (1) if God would still hear me if I might not be saved, and (2) if God would help me repent (even if admittedly my motivation was to not go to hell). I think the answer to the first one was yes. The second one was a little more fuzzy, so I don't know.

Upvote 0

bsd13

Jan 31, 2008
North of Boston Ma
✟1,037.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok... Yes, that is repentance.

I would really like to believe this. That believing in Christ is enough, but the passages I posted make me doubt.

Hehe. Man sometimes... sometimes. So if I believe in Christ and repent I'm saved? That's it? Wow, thanks you solved my problem. No wait, you didn't. You just basically hammered it in harder. If my problem was "I repent all the time but I can't stop sinning", you would have helped me alot, but that's not my problem. It seems like many people are ready to address this issue.

Whats the weather like in your area? Just believe in Christ and repent and you'll be saved!!!

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Just believe in Christ and repent and you'll be saved!!!

How many planets are in our solar system? Just believe in Christ and repent and you'll be saved!!!

I have a hard time repenting? Just believe in Christ and repent and you'll be saved!!!

Yes, yes, yes, a lot.

Ok. I'm being rude and sarcastic now, so I'm going to call it quits on this thread. My original questions were (1) if God would still hear me if I might not be saved, and (2) if God would help me repent (even if admittedly my motivation was to not go to hell). I think the answer to the first one was yes. The second one was a little more fuzzy, so I don't know.

Yes it really is that easy. Believe in on Christ, repent and you will be saved. You need to work that out for yourself, but it doesn't get anymore complicated than that. Believe, and repent.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sigh.... never mind.

Peter,

You have been given good advice.

Now what in the world do you really want, because you are ignoring everything that has been said.

I gave you your answers and you pefer to ignore any good advice given to you by myself or anyone else.

Do you want to be set free?

Upvote 0

kdrmckinney

Veteran
Dec 10, 2007
Kentucky
Visit site
✟9,194.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hello peterparker,

When Christ Jesus shares that to enter the Kingdom we must be like little children he is drawing an invaluable comparison. A little child (I have three) trusts unconditionally that his/her parent will provide for them, love them and meet every need. This is what our Father in heaven wants to do for us if we will let Him. It is hard, yet easy. It is exciting, yet scary. Do we dare trust that there is a God in heaven who adores us? Who waits for us to open our hearts to His care and grace? Do we also accept that we will not walk in perfection hence the need for Christ our brother's redemptive gift? The Christian walk is an exercise in seeming paradox, but if we take all of our doubts, fears, and questions to God then He is faithful to answer and we understand that the "paradox" is really a creative tension inherent to all creation (ours and Gods). Sometimes that answer is not immediate; sometimes He has to prepare our hearts for an answer or situation and we get discouraged, or flip, or downright nasty. Guess what? Christ our brother wore this human flesh and He understands. So whether we "feel" saved or not, we trust that our Father in heaven loves and accepts us so long as we endeavor to keep our hearts open to His word, keep ourselves immersed in His word, encourage others (Christian or not), and walk in His ways. Oh it is hard, but exciting and life-giving. Questions are not bad, just let your heart be fertile soil for the advice of mature believers and do have your prayer and devotion time each day. We cannot possibly gauge our progress, but one day you will realize that you have more understanding than you did, say, a month ago. Baby steps. May you be blessed, peterparker.

Denise

Upvote 0