Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ok so this question is kinda stupid because I do believe god saves all. but I have a question about this. the bible says that in order to be saved you have to know that your a sinner and repent or something like that. well what happens if you don't know if your a sinner and you repent. does god still save you?? my nephew says that if you don't know that your a sinner and ask god to save you, then you aren't saved because you have to know that your a sinner. and also you have to truly mean it or else you won't be saved. so really, what happens if you don't know your a sinner or you think your saved but don't know if you are and you repent. does that mean god will save you??? also, what happens if you don't repent the right way??? my nephew also said that if you asked god to save you and you repented and still don't know if your saved, and didn't feel god save you, then you didn't do it right. he said you have to do it right or god won't save you.

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ok so this question is kinda stupid because I do believe god saves all. but I have a question about this. the bible says that in order to be saved you have to know that your a sinner and repent or something like that. well what happens if you don't know if your a sinner and you repent. does god still save you?? my nephew says that if you don't know that your a sinner and ask god to save you, then you aren't saved because you have to know that your a sinner. and also you have to truly mean it or else you won't be saved. so really, what happens if you don't know your a sinner or you think your saved but don't know if you are and you repent. does that mean god will save you??? also, what happens if you don't repent the right way??? my nephew also said that if you asked god to save you and you repented and still don't know if your saved, and didn't feel god save you, then you didn't do it right. he said you have to do it right or god won't save you.

I can't tell acdcfan if you are a Christian believer, but you are asking, and that is a good thing. We know about Jesus Christ because of what is in the Bible, the Bible is a good and needed source for us, and there are many good basis. A powerful testimony is that of originally fearful, hesitant witnesses who had seen the Lord when he was risen from the dead, and the empty tomb that no one could explain away. What is said in there, including what was said from Jesus, is that the way of salvation is narrow, and it is many that are perishing. Sin is what separates us from God, and we can only respond rightly to him with our awareness and acknowledging that, which happens just with the Spirit of God working with us, so that we repent of life we had of sin, and respond to God's love for us on the terms he shows us, desiring to live for him, and to not continue or return to sin. We will find we cannot do that ourselves, we need him who will work that in us. The gospel shows that it is Jesus Christ who is Lord and savior and salvation, with the reconciliation to God, is through him. It is with coming to him and truly being in him, with him working in us, that we really change, and are made free from life of sin and to grow in obedience and submission to him, in which there is real freedom. The gospel of salvation is simple to come to, but there are great complexities we might learn that are there for our growth and transformation. May Yahweh God show you blessing in that, and may you see helpful answers for your sincere questions. I answer the little bit that I can, when I can.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear acdcfan19. Whosoever will may come. The Bible tells us to "Repent,"
and to " Be Born Again." The Bible tells us that we are all sinners, and if you believe that you are without sin, just talk to God and tell God your feelings.
God will know your heart, and if you want to talk to God to tell Him how much you Love God, why should God be angry with you? I say this with love.
Greetings from Emmy, sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ok so this question is kinda stupid because I do believe god saves all.

Sadly, this is not true. The Bible makes it clear in many places that not everyone will be saved. It tells us that Jesus died for all, but not all will accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

but I have a question about this. the bible says that in order to be saved you have to know that your a sinner and repent or something like that.

I think you would do well to read what the Bible says regarding how to be saved... A good place to start would be John chapter 3. and Romans chapter 10, verses 9-13. Please stop a moment and read those two passages right now.

well what happens if you don't know if your a sinner and you repent. does god still save you?? my nephew says that if you don't know that your a sinner and ask god to save you, then you aren't saved because you have to know that your a sinner. and also you have to truly mean it or else you won't be saved. so really, what happens if you don't know your a sinner or you think your saved but don't know if you are and you repent. does that mean god will save you???

I think you are a bit confused here... if one either does not know or does not believe they are a sinner, then what exactly are they repenting of? But I will say this: sin means simply "to miss the mark", or in more familiar terms, to fail to be perfect. If someone has never even heard of the words "sin" or "sinner", yet recognizes that they fail to live up to God's perfect standard, then regardless of the words used they know they are a sinner.

Repentance is changing ones mind or purpose.... genuine repentance is to stop disbelieving God and believe. This belief will be accompanied by appropriate action. Thus over time repentance has come to be synonymous with turning away from sin and towards Jesus.

also, what happens if you don't repent the right way??? my nephew also said that if you asked god to save you and you repented and still don't know if your saved, and didn't feel god save you, then you didn't do it right. he said you have to do it right or god won't save you.

The questions you need to ask yourself are: Do you really believe God? Have you placed your faith in Jesus Christ for your salvation, and accepted Him as your rightful Lord? Are you taking actions in your life based upon that belief?

Feelings may or may not immediately follow salvation... I did not sense the presence of God's Spirit in my heart until months after I had believed and asked Him to be my Lord and Savior. But I was led to stop doing some things and to start doing some other things pretty quickly. The Holy Spirit is more than just some good feeling in your heart (although He does provide that at times), He is a Person that takes up residence in the center of your being... and if He is there He will make Himself known to you in some way of His own choosing.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟68,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You have been given the correct answer in several forms, so all I can do is to reinforce their answers but your lead premise is incorrect; God can save all and God would save all if they were willing to accept it, but they are not willing. If you will read, to study, the four Gospels you'll discover that Jesus taught, much, more on Hell than He did on Heaven. And He taught that Hell was created for Satan and the Fallen Angels but any human that refuses to submit to God will, also, spend eternity in Hell.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How can you be forgiven for something you don't think was wrong? You can not be forgiven with out admitting wrong on your part. Yes you do have to mean it, you can fake it to people but God knows your heart.

I was unsure i was saved for 31 years. When I started studying for ministry and they ask me the question I realized i was saved from the time I was 6.

The question were do you remember when you got saved, were you repentant? Do you realize you are a sinner and in need of God's forgiveness. But the one true way to know if your saved or not is this question, DO you love God?

A person can not love God with out God in their hearts, in-fact, a person can not love at all with out God for God is Love 1 john 4:8.

People might think they love with out God, but they don't, they do not love at all. Not all can hear what I said but it is truth.

Upvote 0

BrainofJT

Disciple
Apr 9, 2014
United States
Visit site
✟7,647.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I recommend opening up Romans and reading through it carefully.

The official Baptist position is that the Bible is the ultimate truth. Romans makes it absolutely clear that people must accept Jesus as their savior before they may be saved. Eternal life is only granted to those whose sins are cleansed by the blood of Jesus.

Phillipians - 2:10-11 reads "...so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

This opens up for interpretation the possibility of a second chance after death to accept salvation, but it is not explicitly stated in the Bible that such a thing will be possible.

Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2014
✟7,655.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This opens up for interpretation the possibility of a second chance after death to accept salvation, but it is not explicitly stated in the Bible that such a thing will be possible.

that brings to mind a question, what if someone dies without ever hearing about God or about the Gospel? What happens to them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that brings to mind a question, what if someone dies without ever hearing about God or about the Gospel? What happens to them?

Despite PrayerandPeace's optimism, we really don't know exactly how God will deal with those who died in ignorance of the gospel. There are some passages that seem to say they are lost (Romans 2:12 for example), and others that hold out the possibility that they can be saved somehow (Romans 2:14-16 for example). Bottom line: We trust that God is good. He will judge rightly, with mercy and righteousness in perfect balance. What God does with those who never hear the gospel is His problem, not ours. Our problem is trying to present that problem to God as infrequently as possible :)

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

they are saved.

If they acknowledge God who reveals himself to them, in his grace to them, on the terms he shows, and repent of the wrong in their lives, to change. It is for us as believers to make opportunity for this much more available, with sharing the gospel of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
E

Edgar44

It's not God that saves us, it's that we must save ourselves. If we don't change, then God cannot save us.

God cannot or will not do 'Our Faith' for us.

We do our own saving, based on our understanding of God's will for us.

If we understand God as someone who will punish us for doing wrong, then that will be the level of our relationship with God.

If we understand God as someone who unconditionally loves us, then this will be our level of relationship with God.

It all depends on us, and our level of understanding.

Before Jesus, God was viewed as someone who must be obeyed, or there will be punishment.

After Jesus, we should be on the level of obeying God because we want to obey Him, and not because we fear any punishment from Him.

How do we see God, As a General, or as a Parent?

Upvote 0

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

A person is not judged for whether or not he heard the gospel, he's judged for his sins.

A person is a sinner whether or not he heard the gospel.

Not hearing the gospel doesn't make him innocent of the sins he commit.

As the gospel message is something God does by grace, he is not obligated to send this message to everyone. if he was obligated to send it, it wouldn't be grace any longer.

Conclusion: A person is still guilty for sins even if he has never heard the gospel, because God is not "bound" by some kind of obligation to make sure that person hears the gospel. It's not like God is unjust for punishing a person for his sins unless he first sends the gospel to that person.

Upvote 0