Does God obligate us to boycott compony's that support sinful things.

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The problem here is that "sinful things" is a subjective term. Meaning: By Gods standards Most companies Support sinful things, one big one is, the Love for money. This is the primary reason most companies exist. If he wanted us to boycott all companies with less than holy aspirations then we wouldn't spend money on anything.

If your asking should you buy inappropriate content, the answer is no. inappropriate content is like a drug, one or two hit's will never be enough, and before you know it what worked in the past, doesn't work now, so you have to get deeper and deeper into inappropriate content to get the same effect...

This will effect you and your ablity to properly love your wife in a wholesome way. If your 14 or 15 now and don't get married till your 25 It'll be like you have 10 year experience on her (If she does what she is supposed to do) Because of this once you get over the whole new wife thing, you won't be happy with what she has to offer, because you have been made callous (In you heart) by your choices as a young man. I'm not saying your marriage is doomed to fail, but you are defiantly going into a situation with two strikes against you. And working thru the first couple years of marriage is tough enough, without having bedroom troubles.

As far as spending your money, try and not spend money on anything that will hurt you or others, you can't always do this, but you can make the effort.

Reactions: sinneD
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Such as inappropriate content and such is it our obligation to boycott compony's that do support sinful things. I am not talking about a compony in general just all compony's that support sinful things.

Hey mate, how are you using this word "boycott"?

Why "boycott" them, just don't get involved with them.

All companies are sinful, they overcharge, rort the system, make false declarations in regards to tax, and it's all about profits, BIG PROFITS.

Any company that sells inappropriate content or anything that promotes sexual immorality, I would think that you would keep well away from them?

Well, I guess there are Christians who still dabble in sexual immorality.

Don't buy and don't dabble is the answer to your question.:)

Be blessed mate, in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Several years ago a store ran an ad with a woman who looked nude when the picture was printed in black and white. They were ask to apologize and refused. I let them know that I didn't appreciate their attitude and never purchased anything from them again. They did close their store later - much later.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Such as inappropriate content and such is it our obligation to boycott compony's that do support sinful things. I am not talking about a compony in general just all compony's that support sinful things.

If you know a company is supporting evil things do not support that company. But, it is very difficult to know. We are not God and cannot read minds or investigate everyone and everything.

Look at the way Paul taught on foods sacrificed to idols.

I know that some TV channels like Fox, support both evil and good things. BUT, I no longer subscribe to HBO, because they are too evil for me. I block out MTV, Bravo and LOGO from my Direct TV, but I also watch the Gospel Miusic channel on the same Direct TV feed.

Just do what you can with a good conscience, DON'T support evil things when you know they are evil, with your money as best you can (Direct TV is a good example) and live well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AnyaMa

Lady in Waiting
Apr 10, 2008
The Big Comfy Couch
✟8,274.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Technically, in one way another, all companies support something sinful. (And we do as well, we are all sinful creatures.) So you cant boycott everything! But if you really feel God is specifically telling you to act against a certain one, then go for it. God doesnt expect you to change the whole world, but just the things that he brings across your path.

Upvote 0