United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that sinners who die do not live for ever to be tormented. Only those who follow Jesus get to live forever. God is loving.

[youtube]goUz18ZAWvI[/youtube]

Watch this video peeps, its so informative.

If you're preaching annihilationism, it is odds with with scripture. I dislike the doctrine of hell as probably as much as you do. But the fact is that scripture teaches eternal torment and we just have to accept that

In Mark it makes clear that Jesus loved the rich young man that didn't follow Him.

True. Very good point.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

I was just in another thread, where Jeremiah 2 applied... it is an example of how God persists in bringing people back to repentance and wholeness, over and over.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
disobedience results in death and hell

does god choose anyone to disobey or does he constantly command them to obey unto eternal life .. ? he does the latter

so he only sends to hell -those who by their disobedience to the gospel choose to be there. his love for them is already made evident in Christ Jesus our Lord. who ,while we were yet dead in our sin ,laid down his life for us all. he did so to make a way out for us all .so yes ,his love for them all is obvious .but they do not love him and they reject the way out he has provided ..they are accountable to their own actions .God cannot be blamed nor did he choose to send them there nor does he delight in doing so (that would be hateful ) and God IS love .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I kinda think of it this way, I believe all of us were written in the Book of Life from the beginning. It is up to us whether we will stay in the book, or have our names takin out. For as one person said..."He is not willing for any to perish....." so its not so much as God sending someone to hell......its more if we will send ourselves there or not, the final decision is really in our hands. I believe Hell was made for the devil.....we don't have to go there, God lets us decide whether we want to be with Him. We can choose to be or not to be.

Upvote 0

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I believe on the Final Judgment.....Our conscience will condemn those who do not know God.......There will be a moment where God opens up the heart and shows the entire universe what we have done.....The thing with christian's today is that they think once we accept Jesus we skip that day.....When clearly in Revelations it says the dead in Christ and also the ones dead in sin....It shakes me to the core just thinking about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ltwin

May 17, 2012
SC
✟8,144.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I'm Pentecostal, but I think the Eastern Orthodox have a great understanding God's love in relation to the existence of hell. Hell is not the absence of love, but it is the full recognition by those who have rejected God just how much He loves them. It is this knowledge that they have rejected the love of God which makes Hell such a horrible existence.

... those who find themselves in hell will be chastised by the scourge of love. How cruel and bitter this torment of love will be! For those who understand that they have sinned against love, undergo no greater suffering than those produced by the most fearful tortures. The sorrow which takes hold of the heart, which has sinned against love, is more piercing than any other pain. It is not right to say that the sinners in hell are deprived of the love of God… But love acts in two ways, as suffering of the reproved, and as joy in the blessed! (St. Isaac of Syria, Mystic Treatises)

Upvote 0

Nate1980

Jan 16, 2014
Davenport, Iowa
✟7,655.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I do not know if God loves them he sends to hell if so maybe he wouldn't have sent them. 1 cor 13 teaches love obviously by the time a soul is sent to hell the patients and long suffering are not in play. I believe in a literal hell but truly I hope I am wrong. As Jesus said he dose not wish for any to parish but all come to eternal life. I feel the same way I don't want to believe that a person will suffer for eternity but I can not go against scripture.

Upvote 0

ltwin

May 17, 2012
SC
✟8,144.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I do not know if God loves them he sends to hell if so maybe he wouldn't have sent them. 1 cor 13 teaches love obviously by the time a soul is sent to hell the patients and long suffering are not in play. I believe in a literal hell but truly I hope I am wrong. As Jesus said he dose not wish for any to parish but all come to eternal life. I feel the same way I don't want to believe that a person will suffer for eternity but I can not go against scripture.

God loves everyone. It is not God's hate toward an individual that sends the individual to hell. It is the individual's hatred toward God that condemns them to hell. God's love and God's justice are not mutually exclusive.

Upvote 0