Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Feelings have nothing to do with it, the bible gives you the answer. Do you believe in your heart and not just your head? Do you confess and believe that Jesus died and rose again and is sitting at the right hand of the Father? If so then you are saved and no feelings that the devil throws at you with nagging thoughts will change that. Tell him he is a liar and you do belong to God. Believe the Word and not a feeling

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Feelings have nothing to do with it, the bible gives you the answer. Do you believe in your heart and not just your head? Do you confess and believe that Jesus died and rose again and is sitting at the right hand of the Father? If so then you are saved and no feelings that the devil throws at you with nagging thoughts will change that. Tell him he is a liar and you do belong to God. Believe the Word and not a feeling

My heart is telling me He doesn't love me

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I've felt like that too. What helped me was just realizing that He already proved that He loves me, no matter what I think or feel or do, by giving His Life for me.
He loves you.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

*There isn't any scripture that tells us to trust our hearts nor is there
any scripture that states we should trust feelings... there's a verse
that says this about the heart-- Mark 7:21-23
"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. "All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man."

Romans 5:8
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were
still sinners, Christ died for us."

I still recommend this bible study:
http://www.freebiblestudyguides.org/bible-teachings/armor-of-god.htm

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

*There isn't any scripture that tells us to trust our hearts nor is there
any scripture that states we should trust feelings... there's a verse
that says this about the heart-- Mark 7:21-23
"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. "All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man."

Romans 5:8
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were
still sinners, Christ died for us."

I still recommend this bible study:
Taking Up The Whole Armor of God > Free Bible Study Guides

I can't seem to trust the Bible though... I don't like reading it.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,389.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can't seem to trust the Bible though... I don't like reading it.

Well, you can either trust the Bible which says God loves you, or you can trust these gut feelings which are telling you the opposite. On what factual basis are these feelings more valid than the Bible telling you that God loves you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why is He neglecting His children? And how do you know that you are saved? I prayed and believed many times. I don't feel saved
When you believe something is true then you also must know that it is true
otherwise you are not really believing it.

Feelings are subjective to so many things and can not be counted on
to be the source of truth for our beliefs.

Lets say that you know that the right thing to do every morning is
that you get up and prepare yourself to go to school and yet every morning
when the alarm goes off you don't "feel like" you want to get out of the bed.

Does your feelings about not wanting to get up make the truth of
doing the right thing false and invalid?

No...your feelings do not change the truth.

The truth is that God loves us all.

The truth is that we live in a fallen world where things
do not go according to God's perfect will.

The truth is that God never promised that we would live in
this fallen world without pain, suffering, sorrow and eventually death.

The truth is that innocent people suffer in this world along with sinners.

The truth is that God took on the form of a man (Jesus Christ) and
walk among the very creatures He created as He did only good
and what was of love and He was hated, rejected, falsely accused
and tortured to death.

If God in flesh had such a hard time in this fallen world that is influenced
by the devil (the first man Adam gave up his rights to rule over the earth
and gave it to the devil when he believed the devil's lie over God's truth)
then why do you fault God as if He is to blame for all the pain and suffering
that He Himself experienced when He was on the earth?

God came in the form of the man Jesus Christ and took on Himself all of mankind's sin and
evil as He suffered a death sentence that mankind deserved. Whoever believes that
God is not a liar and trusts in God's way for us (by trusting in Jesus Christ) to be pardoned
from our sins, will be given eternal life when they die.

Faith is simply believing that the one who made the promise of forgiveness
and eternal life, can and will make it happen because He is God and cannot
lie and He alone has the power to forgive and cause us to live forever.

Feelings mean nothing, it is faith, belief or trust that causes God to do what He promised to do.

God cannot lie.
God will hold up His side of His promise if we will continue to trust
in Christ as God's only way to inherit His promises.

Hope this helps you...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟805,597.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As Paul Hardy says, Yahweh doesn't lie. I know it's hard for us to believe but Yahweh loves you.

Yeshua said - "I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." ---- has loved them, as thou hast loved me. Wow!

Based on this John 17:23 Scripture, Patricia King = “We all know that the Father loves His son. You know, He loves Jesus so perfectly. As the Lord loves Him - that’s how much He loves you. You might think He can’t because I can’t be perfect like Jesus. God doesn’t love Jesus because He’s perfect, He loves Jesus because Jesus is His son and that’s why God loves Jesus. He loves you the same way. He loves you the same way He loves Jesus because you are His child. The Father Himself loves you.”

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that God allows suffering because it does have the ability to sometimes shape some of us into better people. As a Christian, especially in countries where it is more heavily persecuted, suffering is just a part of life.

Malachi 3:1-5
1“Behold, I send my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me. And the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant in whom you delight, behold, he is coming, says the Lord of hosts. 2But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap. 3He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and they will bring offerings in righteousness to the Lord.a 4Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the Lord as in the days of old and as in former years.
5“Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts.

Just remember that in order to get refined metal, like advised to do in Revelation, you have to go through fire, which while causes suffering, also refines the metal.

He allows the saved and the unsaved to live together for a time, so as not to disrupt the wheat, but then after that comes Judgment, and for the wheat, paradise.

Matthew 13:24-30New King James Version (NKJV)

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares

24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

God loves everyone. He is, by definition, love. You could think of him as the spirit of love, but he is much more powerful than just some spirit.

1 John 4:8

English Standard Version
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

John 3:16
English Standard Version
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

What your heart says is irrelevant.

Feelings are fickle and can change from moment to moment. They are no judge over what is real - I can give you a drug and you will feel loved by everyone around you, but it does not mean that you are.

This generation has been taught to go on feelings, and it is a bottle full of poison poured out by idiots.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
God is greater than our heart and knows all things.
This is written so that we can assure our hearts toward Him, read and you will see.
Assuring your heart will take an action on your part, to love others in deeds and in truth.
What you sow, you will reap.

18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

19 And by this we know[d] that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him.

1 John 3
16 By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know[d] that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him.

20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us[e] commandment.

The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
An extra boost of positive energy, like a child so enthusiastic to take sweets because they give joy as a result from the calories-rich energy and the tangy taste the sweets give - is evidence of Christ's peace and joy, even during negative circumstances such as having a casual job instead of a full-time one because of lack of experience or self-confidence:.
Supernatural Age from Jehovah, our God the Father and universe-maker, I believe will be the next era after our present 21st century Information Age with the internet's easy and fast access to everyone rich or poor:.
Amazing inventions such as the tablet and television contain components made of complex molecules that come from the very soil where Adam and Eve were supernaturally created by Jehovah's spiritual hands - and believe it or not - he knew exactly what they were going to do wrong behind his back because Revelations mentions Satan's future defeat by Christ's Second Coming future victory return, and Jehovah's supernatural mind has the power of "eternity", meaning, he can visit any point in time in the future and record the realty of any living being - be it human, angel or demon.';'*';'.
:liturgy:

Upvote 0

endofrope

Dec 9, 2014
✟7,715.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Jer 17:9
"The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?

Get into the Word. Read about God's love for and patience with His people.

People ask many questions here that are unanswerable, but this is one I can confidently answer and know 100% that I am right. God loves you.

What's more, He wants you know that He does and to have the peace and security that only He can give.

Upvote 0